Stranger waiting in line behind Texas teacher pays for her school supplies

That man is a sucker,lol. Dept of education is not what it use to be. This teacher will teach those little kids ANYTHING she is told to keep her fat teachers union check coming with several weeks a year vacation and great benefits. Barnum and Bailey were right. But it was a nice gesture by the man.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Of course not your [sic] the one with all the political correction here.

Go ask a schoolkid to teach you English.

That man is a sucker,lol. Dept of education is not what it use to be. This teacher will teach those little kids ANYTHING she is told to keep her fat teachers union check coming with several weeks a year vacation and great benefits. Barnum and Bailey were right. But it was a nice gesture by the man.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Of course not your [sic] the one with all the political correction here.

Go ask a schoolkid to teach you English.

Ask one to teach you how to read.

Like I said, the racism and segregation is predominantly in the blue states.

SAN ANTONIO -- Sabrina Drude was doing what many teachers do before the start of the school year -- shopping for supplies for her students -- when she noticed a man standing in line at Wal-Mart examining her items.

With a cart full of hundreds of notebooks, pencils and markers, the seventh grade teacher was anticipating an eye roll or two as she checked out.

Instead, she got a question, several actually. The man behind her, noticing she didn’t have any children with her, asked her why she needed the supplies.

The teacher at Francis Scobee Middle School in San Antonio, Texas, explained that she teaches in a very low socioeconomic area where kids can’t always afford what their peers can.

Touched by the woman’s kind gesture, the man offered to pay for everything in the woman’s cart. She thanked him, but said she couldn’t accept his money.

But when $97 flashed on the cash register, the man, later identified as Lester Brown, jumped between Drude and the cashier with a bill in his hand.

“He said, ‘Put your wallet away,’ and I just started crying,” Drude told CBS News. “That’s the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard.”

screen-shot-2016-08-19-at-3-51-32-pm.png
So...we learn that Texas schools don't provide for their teachers and students.

Do you really believe this is an isolated incident?
Of couse not....red states are notorious for screwing over their teachers and students.

So...you're a teacher?

No I'm not I have too much self respect and too many grandkids and greatgrand kids in school now. You could never pay me to teach the filth teachers are forced to teach today.

Are you a teacher? I see you lost some of your DA charm, lol. At least you left before the other liberal smart asses got it closed down.
So...you are just talk....whine about education without becoming part of the solution. You're a RWr, aren't you?

SAN ANTONIO -- Sabrina Drude was doing what many teachers do before the start of the school year -- shopping for supplies for her students -- when she noticed a man standing in line at Wal-Mart examining her items.

With a cart full of hundreds of notebooks, pencils and markers, the seventh grade teacher was anticipating an eye roll or two as she checked out.

Instead, she got a question, several actually. The man behind her, noticing she didn’t have any children with her, asked her why she needed the supplies.

The teacher at Francis Scobee Middle School in San Antonio, Texas, explained that she teaches in a very low socioeconomic area where kids can’t always afford what their peers can.

Touched by the woman’s kind gesture, the man offered to pay for everything in the woman’s cart. She thanked him, but said she couldn’t accept his money.

But when $97 flashed on the cash register, the man, later identified as Lester Brown, jumped between Drude and the cashier with a bill in his hand.

“He said, ‘Put your wallet away,’ and I just started crying,” Drude told CBS News. “That’s the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard.”

Of couse not....red states are notorious for screwing over their teachers and students.

I can easily find stories just like this in liberal states.

...... You could never pay me to teach the filth teachers are forced to teach today.....

Schoolkids are not "filth," you big mouthed low-life.

Learn to understand what you read . Keep calling me names and I'll report your ass.
Oooooo! We've got a Tough Guy here! Lololol

I'm no guy and I'm not tough but any decent person doesn't want innocent kids indoctrinated and taught filth from kindergarden to high school.

I can tell by your signature you probably don't have a problem with it though.
I have 11 grandkids that went through the ' program ' and 7 great grands with 2 already in school and 5 on the way. This is evil and America will soon pay for their apathy and sacrifice of the innocense of the child . Not from me of course . Its already paying now but it is gonna get worse.

So...you're a teacher?

No I'm not I have too much self respect and too many grandkids and greatgrand kids in school now. You could never pay me to teach the filth teachers are forced to teach today.

Are you a teacher? I see you lost some of your DA charm, lol. At least you left before the other liberal smart asses got it closed down.
So...you are just talk....whine about education without becoming part of the solution. You're a RWr, aren't you?

No RWs are no longer 'right' I don't have a title . I do have morals and principles something that is lost on most libs.

Post them

Don't throw stones, if you are an ignorant liberal

Because bear 513 will nail your ass every time

Report: Majority of Teachers Purchase School Supplies for Students -- THE Journal

Report: Majority of Teachers Purchase School Supplies for Students
This year 91 percent of teachers used some of their own money to pay for school supplies, and 38 percent used only their own money, according to a new report from The NPD Group.

The report, "Today's Teachers: School Supply Purchasing Dynamics and Behaviors," surveyed almost 1,000 K-12 public and private school teachers in the United States about their purchasing behaviors. The online survey was conducted in February 2015.

Oh my Gawd, he's black...Black people hate white people and are all poor, that's what repubs on this site tell us every day...
That was nice of him..
Where my son goes to school the community raises funds to help teachers, plus when buying supplies for your own kids there is extra bought by request for those kids having problems obtaining supplies needed....I can remember as a kid the school I went to in elementary used to charge a tuition fee...to keep out unwanted people..In football we would have fund raisers to help the poor kids at black schools buy football equipment so they had a chance to play....But laws were changed and all schools were funded equally...

Post them

http://gawker.com/why-teachers-pay-for-students-supplies-out-of-their-own-1669305507

It's really pretty common

Google

Post them

http://gawker.com/why-teachers-pay-for-students-supplies-out-of-their-own-1669305507

It's really pretty common

Google

From your link...

Follow

Why Teachers Pay for Students' Supplies Out of Their Own Pockets

Dayna Evans

12/11/14 2:00pm
Filed to: EDUCATION
lvwo7i2kfflsgctcxxmp.jpg

In the second volume in our series on American teachers, we're exploring the reality that many of our public schools are greatly underfunded, short on supplies, and are financially supported by teachers themselves. Take P.S. 132 in the Washington Heights neighborhood of New York City where the children's toilets are decrepit, old, and overflowing with waste. Or, even worse, a Philadelphia elementary school with a yearly budget of $160. Yes, $160 to support a school of 400 students for the entire year.

Read more

I don't see how this has anything to do with race relations but whatever.

On a side note. I think it is shameful that many teachers ( including myself when I worked in a public school ) have to pay for school supplies. Government always has money to spend on unnecessary wars but never enough to spend on educating our youth and making sure they have top notch education. There was a time where America was # 1 in education. That was when the government was pouring money into education.

Forum List

Back