Striking fear in the hearts...

They have the right to pray anyway.

No one said they didn’t.

At issue only is whether or not the prayer was promoted by the state, whether or not it had a secular purpose, and whether or not it manifest an excessive entanglement with the state.

What’s troubling, of course, is this case law has been accepted and settled for well over 40 years – every school district should be aware of their responsibility to obey the Constitution and to ensure they’re in compliance with the Founding Document.

gallant - What is a "religious avocation"? - line 2 of the OP? Looking up "avocation", I see "hobby" - that doesn't seem to be what you mean.

Kevin - "a place for the promotion of a specific religion in school, and that is in the private sector." What do you mean by "private sector"? - I would have thought you meant a church of some kind, or some other place of worship; which isn't the same as the private sector.

A matter of semantics. "Curiously enough, vocation’s antonym, avocation, is also used as a synonym — appropriately enough, because one person’s avocation is another’s vocation — though it more often applies to a hobby."
Vocation vs. Avocation

You fucking idiot. Tell me exactly how a 4 year old child is representative of "the state" and representative OF "the state"?

It was a little girl saying a prayer.

There are no prayer police in school, nor should there ever be. A preschool student opted to say a little prayer. What do you propose should be done? How does this show that religion is being "established" in the school?

Should the preschooler be locked up? Should she have been hustled off the stage? Bullwhipped? WHAT DO YOU WANT TO HAPPEN to CHILDREN who opt to publicly pray at school?

(My bold)

Read the embedded URL - it says the little girl was following the teacher's instructions.

Sure there are "prayer police" in the school. There was a - presumably - certified, licensed teacher, with a valid TX teaching license. She should have known better than to prod her little charge into leading/reciting a prayer. She may have slept through her annual orientation - noted previously, but she's still responsible for not inciting a riot, & for following church/state/public school precedent, not for haring off on her own to get her ISD into potentially expensive & unnecessary litigation.

A preschool student - once she's cross-examined, under oath - if that's even possible - probably can't form intent, as the law understands the term. Thus "opted" is mere weasel language, & I'm disappointed to find God Almighty hiding behind a doubtless cute little tyke in a jumper.

The teacher should never have prompted this child to insert a prayer, & certainly not a sectarian prayer @ that. The time & place for prayer was @ the local church, etc. By invitation - even if it was a blanket invitation to everyone @ the "graduation".

There are no prayer police in school, nor should there ever be. A preschool student opted to say a little prayer. What do you propose should be done? How does this show that religion is being "established" in the school?

Should the preschooler be locked up? Should she have been hustled off the stage? Bullwhipped? WHAT DO YOU WANT TO HAPPEN to CHILDREN who opt to publicly pray at school?

(My bold)

Read the embedded URL - it says the little girl was following the teacher's instructions.

Sure there are "prayer police" in the school. There was a - presumably - certified, licensed teacher, with a valid TX teaching license. She should have known better than to prod her little charge into leading/reciting a prayer. She may have slept through her annual orientation - noted previously, but she's still responsible for not inciting a riot, & for following church/state/public school precedent, not for haring off on her own to get her ISD into potentially expensive & unnecessary litigation.

A preschool student - once she's cross-examined, under oath - if that's even possible - probably can't form intent, as the law understands the term. Thus "opted" is mere weasel language, & I'm disappointed to find God Almighty hiding behind a doubtless cute little tyke in a jumper.

The teacher should never have prompted this child to insert a prayer, & certainly not a sectarian prayer @ that. The time & place for prayer was @ the local church, etc. By invitation - even if it was a blanket invitation to everyone @ the "graduation".

The teacher didn't prompt her.

Fascist.

What is it about prayer, specifically christian prayer, that so terrifies athiests and others without some other religious avocation? Why is it that even the whispered hint of christian murmurings sends these loonbats streaking off to litigation? What are they afraid of? Words? And yet, they continue to demand that their "faith" be honored and respected.

Atheist group, angry mom go ballistic over prayer at pretend preschool commencement

I have to wonder why the woman, a self described Christian, would complain to the Freedom from Religion Foundation and not the ACLU.

Obviously, she needs to sent to the proper indoctrination camp. Why do you think government is advocating mandatory "education" at younger ages?

What is it about prayer, specifically christian prayer, that so terrifies athiests and others without some other religious avocation? Why is it that even the whispered hint of christian murmurings sends these loonbats streaking off to litigation? What are they afraid of? Words? And yet, they continue to demand that their "faith" be honored and respected.

Atheist group, angry mom go ballistic over prayer at pretend preschool commencement

I have to wonder why the woman, a self described Christian, would complain to the Freedom from Religion Foundation and not the ACLU.

Because the ACLU would tell her to fuck herself.

A self-described christian might also be a situational christian, claiming such conviction when it is convenient to promote the liberal ideological narrative.

I wonder how these christians would feel if a couple of Satanists prayed to the Dark lord to take their souls for a concubine?

I don't think they would appreciate it......

And of course you and everyone like you is completely incapable of determining good from evil.

Get a clue.

Two things in terms of the OP.

1.) as a private school they are allowed to have prayer if they so choose.

2.) as a customer of the service the mother is fully entitled to complain to the school board if she is unsatisfied with the product that she is getting and or entitled to take her business elsewhere.

I don't really see the big deal here.

She didn't go to the School Board.
She went straight for the jugular.

gallant - What is a "religious avocation"? - line 2 of the OP? Looking up "avocation", I see "hobby" - that doesn't seem to be what you mean.

Kevin - "a place for the promotion of a specific religion in school, and that is in the private sector." What do you mean by "private sector"? - I would have thought you meant a church of some kind, or some other place of worship; which isn't the same as the private sector.

A matter of semantics. "Curiously enough, vocation’s antonym, avocation, is also used as a synonym — appropriately enough, because one person’s avocation is another’s vocation — though it more often applies to a hobby."
Vocation vs. Avocation

A call out to koshergirl, who does not receive private responses to her private messages: I'm curious why you would neg rep my response to hoosier?

Two things in terms of the OP.

1.) as a private school they are allowed to have prayer if they so choose.

2.) as a customer of the service the mother is fully entitled to complain to the school board if she is unsatisfied with the product that she is getting and or entitled to take her business elsewhere.

I don't really see the big deal here.

She didn't go to the School Board.
She went straight for the jugular.

The school board is boring and doesn't make good news.

Vocation vs. Avocation

A call out to koshergirl, who does not receive private responses to her private messages: I'm curious why you would neg rep my response to hoosier?

Sorry!! I send my most abject apologies, lol...

Vocation vs. Avocation

Sorry!! I send my most abject apologies, lol...

Thanks, chica! I thought I was slipping, or maybe you were. Enjoy the day!

You forgot your sarcasm icon.

Maybe all that 'hot' weather is gong to your head...:eusa_angel:

Last edited:
Screw you. You're holding up a 4 year old girl for censure and reprimand because she DARED to pray at a school function.

You people are disgusting.

Forum List

Back