Stroke patient overheard doctors talking of harvesting his organs

Its utterly ridiculous that we throw away millions of organs instead of using them to save lives.

But, its not at all surprising that the same people who say they care about fetuses don't give a damn about the people who are already here. They also say they're christians though.

I missed the Bible verse that tells people to give up their vital organs. Could you please cite it for me? I recall one that says give up your coat, but I just can't find the one that says rip out your liver.

Once you are dead, none of your organs are vital to you.

Sounds like it's time to stop signing those donor cards.

Then you condemn a lot of people to death.

When did keeping someone else alive become MY responsibility? If you don't want your organs ripped out of your body while you are still alive, stop signing donor cards.

It doesn't. But giving someone the gift of life is an unselfish act. Keeping your organs after death because you are paranoid is selfish, but its what I expect from conservatives.

They harvest the organs after you die. That they would make some plans for IF you die is not unusual. In fact, I would call it smart.

Its utterly ridiculous that we throw away millions of organs instead of using them to save lives.

But, its not at all surprising that the same people who say they care about fetuses don't give a damn about the people who are already here. They also say they're christians though.

I missed the Bible verse that tells people to give up their vital organs. Could you please cite it for me? I recall one that says give up your coat, but I just can't find the one that says rip out your liver.

I'm sure you want the scripture to specify each organ, but you also know that is not how it works.

How about......

Acts 20:35
In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”

or...

Proverbs 11:24
One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want.

or...

Luke 6:35
Verse Concepts

"But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men.

In other words, love your neighbor. That would include, I think, not taking organs to your grave to rot if they can be used to save a life. But the choice is yours.

There was nothing, not a word about giving up organs. Not a word. The man who heard the doctors plotting his death certainly thought his organs were vital to him. The beauty of killing people for their organs is that no one ever complains about it later.

There was nothing, not a word about giving up organs. Not a word. The man who heard the doctors plotting his death certainly thought his organs were vital to him. The beauty of killing people for their organs is that no one ever complains about it later.

Show me anything in the bible about not cheating on your taxes?

Show me anything in the bible about not stealing a car?

Show me anything in the bible about abortions?

The bible does not address every topic by name. But it teaches you how to address every topic.

The doctors were not plotting anyone's death. They were making plans for harvesting the organs IF the person died. Do you think they should wait until after the person dies to even discuss what should be done? Kinda defeats the purpose if the organs are lost due to that delay.

Render unto ceasar that which is ceasars.
Thou shalt not steal.
Thou shalt not murder.

There is nothing about an obligation to give up one's organs. If the government owns you then as the owner of those organs the government can do whatever it wants with them whether the donor is alive or dead.

Render unto ceasar that which is ceasars.
Thou shalt not steal.
Thou shalt not murder.

There is nothing about an obligation to give up one's organs. If the government owns you then as the owner of those organs the government can do whatever it wants with them whether the donor is alive or dead.

But my money is mine. It does say anything about taxes.

It says don't steal, not don't steal a car.

It never mentions abortion.

Of course my examples were ridiculous, just as your insistence that the scriptures I quoted were not relevant.

The gov't does not own me. I also have chosen to freely give my organs away after I die.

Just as the verses I quoted say we should do.

Okay you choose to give your organs away when you die. Good for you. What entitles you to make that decision for someone else or decide someone else should give their organs away while they are still alive as is what happened in this case.

To expand the Bible to include giving up one's vital organs as an act of charity is equally as ridiculous.

Okay you choose to give your organs away when you die. Good for you. What entitles you to make that decision for someone else or decide someone else should give their organs away while they are still alive as is what happened in this case.

Really? That is what happened? Since the patient survived, I think you might be wrong.

What happened was a 2nd opinion offered a treatment that worked. Nothing more than that.

I do not make the decision for anyone else. I also understand that the bible does direct us to help people as much as we can. Offering your organs after you are done with them is barely even charity.

To expand the Bible to include giving up one's vital organs as an act of charity is equally as ridiculous.

Nice attempt at changing what I said.

I pointed out that the bible commands christians to be charitable and kind. To take organs to the grave, after you no longer need them, that could save someone's life, is barely charitable.

It is the equivalent of throwing old clothes away and watching people freeze to death for lack of clothing, and not allowing them to retrieve yours from the trash.

Forum List

Back