ST's BP Rantings

The smell of oil fumes is now nearly constant. At first, a few days ago, I was just getting whiffs of it every now and then, now its nearly constant.

Thanks alot BP ASSHOLES.

From an MSDS sheet on crude oil
INHALATION: May cause respiratory and nasal irritation. Central nervous system effects may include headache,dizziness, loss of balance and coordination, unconsciousness, coma, respiratory failure, and death.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...u4W0Ag&usg=AFQjCNEix0W6cqSl0dJjeq3jBwlsEpw0yw

Anyone know what the effects of inhaling this stuff over several weeks is on a developing fetus?

EDIT: Title should read "jeopardizes" not "jeopardized"

Last edited:
I'm sure these guys won't mind crewing the barges...it is a recession, after all. Many of them are likely looking for work.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vLPQUAZIdk]YouTube - Deadliest Catch (Original and Genuine Trailer)[/ame]

Last edited:
I'm sure these guys won't mind crewing the barges...it is a recession, after all. Many of them are likely looking for work.

LOL!!!!! They'll sink. You have to be specially trained to pilot a ship in the Missisppi from Baton Rouge to the Gulf. If you don't know what you are doing, bye bye! Every major ship that goes through that length of river is piloted by a Mississippi River Pilot.

Last edited:
The smell of oil fumes is now nearly constant. At first, a few days ago, I was just getting whiffs of it every now and then, now its nearly constant.

Thanks alot BP ASSHOLES.

INHALATION: May cause respiratory and nasal irritation. Central nervous system effects may include headache,dizziness, loss of balance and coordination, unconsciousness, coma, respiratory failure, and death.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...u4W0Ag&usg=AFQjCNEix0W6cqSl0dJjeq3jBwlsEpw0yw

Anyone know what the effects of inhaling this stuff over several weeks is on a developing fetus?

"So why don't you get a bunch of people together and march in the streets?" Isn't that your answer to problems?

Thanks alot BP ASSHOLES.

"So why don't you get a bunch of people together and march in the streets?" Isn't that your answer to problems?

That's my answer to fighting civil rights oppression by the man - it worked in the 60's, it should work now.

As for dealing with oil fumes, its best to stay indoors, for the reasons listed in the above MSDS.

But don't worry, this is all a joke. Not like a city full of people breathing toxic fumes is anything anyone should worry about. Its definitely not as serious as the oppression of the white man by the black man.

Does a port require 1.3 million people to function?

So lemme make sure I get this straight.

BP leaks hundreds of thousands of barrels into the Gulf

the fumes enshroud the city

and your solution is for everyone to move to the midwest - except the river pilots - just so BP can avoid having to worry about the mess they created?

Do you even realize how much the people of the midwest are going to bitch and complain about all the blacks?

You love corporations so much you value them above humans.

And no, our ports do not require 1.3 million people to run them. But they require far more than river pilots. For one thing, you need someone to unload all the tankers onto barges when you get to the river. You'll need someone to bring you those empty barges, which means you need a tow boat and its crew. I could go on.

Last edited:
You want the US Government and BP to give you money because an oil platform your state profits from is leaking oil?

Go to hell.

You want the US Government and BP to give you money because an oil platform your state profits from is leaking oil?

Yes. Provided the U.S. Government only pays what BP is not able to.

And not me personally. I don't have a respiratory disorder. Or any other condition that would make breathing oil fumes particularly dangerous. People with health problems that are complicated by exposure to oil fumes will need to stay indoors - and for many that means lost income.

But if my wife becomes pregnant, we will need to move away to avoid the fetus being expose to the fumes, and in that case, yes, BP will pay us.

Last edited:
Are all New Orleans residents this parasitic?

"We don't care about any deficits, we want federal money, and we want it NOW!"

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Are all New Orleans residents this parasitic?

"We don't care about any deficits, we want federal money, and we want it NOW!"

Are all midwesterners this selfish? You think we should have to breathe oil fumes so you can drive your car? Our children should breathe poison so that you may enjoy the convenience and comfort of petroleum products? And you call US the parasites? FUCK YOU BITCH.

The people of Detroit don't complain about the fumes put out by GM factories, and in fact are fighting to keep such factories open.

Many unemployed Detroit workers would likely kill to have a share of New Orleans' oil wealth.

---

And yet, all you do is complain? Were you complaining when oil-taxes paid for your public education? Your roads? Your unemployment insurance?

Last edited:

Wow.. these are the same symptoms I get to prolonged exposure to liberals.

The people of Detroit don't complain about the fumes put out by GM factories

This is worse than that idiot. Open up a quart of oil and stick your nose an inch from the top and inhale.

Many unemployed Detroit workers would likely kill to have a share of New Orleans' oil wealth.
They didn't have to kill. Tons of Michaganders came down for work over the past few years.
Were you complaining when oil-taxes paid for your public education?
Forgive me for complaining about inhaling toxic fumes - I forgot that I and all the people living around me exist only to serve you and your corporate masters.

Last edited:
You can always scuttle the oil platforms, if they cause you so much pain.

I'll let you give the pink slips to the platform workers, and close down the oil-funded schools.

They didn't have to kill. Tons of Michaganders came down for work over the past few years.

But the air is clean in Detroit..no nasty factories to smog up the air!

Forgive me for complaining about inhaling toxic fumes - I forgot that I and all the people living around me exist only to serve you and your corporate masters.
Then close down the platforms...New Orleans doesn't need the tax money or jobs.

Instead, we can make Saudi Arabia even richer!

Last edited:

Wow.. these are the same symptoms I get to prolonged exposure to liberals.

Hilarious. Ha ha ha.

You're just another one of those soulless neocons that quite literally makes jokes out of the suffering of innocents. Why do you do this? You value nothing but your own consumption and quest for money - as long as its no skin off your back, the rest of the world can be damned. Just a guess.

You can always scuttle the oil platforms, if they cause you so much pain.
How will that get the fumes off the city?
I'll let you give the pink slips to the platform workers, and close down the oil-funded schools.

Dude do you even know what you're talking about? No, of course not, why use facts? Only a miniscule amount of our state's revenue comes from any special taxes on oil. Oil companies are given tax BREAKS to come here asshole.

The federal government was fucking Louisiana on its offshore royalties for years - giving a bigger cut to west coast states for their oil than to us for ours - until 2006. Now that we have our fair share, that extra revenue goes to fixing what the petro industry has fucked up. A football field an HOUR erodes away into the Gulf of Mexico, so that nearly ONE FIFTH of the entire nations oil supply and nearly ONE FOURTH of its natural gas supply can be processed and/or transported through our coastal wetlands in order to supply fat, stupid, greedy Yankees like yourself with gas to run your gas guzzling SUV's so you won't have to walk your lazy ass to work in the fucking snow.

Guess what Yankee? If all the oil and gas were to disappear today - I live in the deep south where it freezes like 4 times a year and hardly ever snows - you live in the freezing cold north - that means YOU will die first asshole, not me.

Last edited:
Oil spill containment box begins mile-long journey to Gulf floor | NOLA.com

ON THE GULF OF MEXICO -- Workers eased a giant concrete-and-steel box into the Gulf of Mexico late Thursday, starting the long process of lowering the contraption over the blown-out oil well at the bottom of the sea in an untested bid to capture most of the gushing crude and avert a wider environmental disaster.

The 100-ton containment vessel is designed to collect as much as 85 percent of the oil spewing into the Gulf and funnel it up to a tanker. It could take several hours to lower it into place, after which a steel pipe will be installed between the top of the box and the tanker.

The whole structure could be operating by Sunday.

Hey no problem, take your time guys, we'll just inhale some oil fumes and watch our fisheries get decimated in the meantime.

"We haven't done this before," said BP spokesman David Nicholas. "It's very complex and we can't guarantee it."

Really? You can't guarantee it? NAAAAAAAHHH!!!! No way, really? Like if you had said "We can guarantee it" - we'd actually believe you limey fucks?

The box -- which looks a lot like a peaked, 40-foot-high outhouse, especially on the inside, with its rough timber framing -- must be accurately positioned over the well, or it could damage the leaking pipe and make the problem worse.

BP spokesman Doug Suttles said he is not concerned about that happening.

Great. We're fucking doomed.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back