Student arrested for hanging impeach Obama sign sues police :D

He probably broke the law by hanging a highway sign but I have a feeling that if this was a black lives matter sign then nothing would have happened. It's a question of be treated the same by the law and those that enforce it. There is an old saying that justice is blind which means it doesn't care who you are it's going to treat everyone the same. It makes me wonder why modern liberals have abandoned this idea and replaced it with selective enforcement of laws.

The banner was over a freeway and was distracting,

Showing kids that there is no need for college when you can just sue.
Time to ban highway billboards and other signs, then.

Highway signs are licensed and far away enough to not distract a driver. Why doesn't the kid buy a billboard and make it legal.

"Safety Hazard"?

This appeared one day on a Capitol Beltway overpass near the Mormon Temple in Bethesda, MD. It remained for years and years. Nary a single accident at that location, but out-of-towners laughed like hell.

Surrender+Dorothy+prank+graffiti.jpg

Did you see what they did to George Bush? Cindy Sheehan's crazy anti-war activists did more than hang a banner. They hanged George Bush in effigy. Strangely enough the war dragged on after Barry Hussein was elected but the anti-war activists faded away.

It is not worth a dime-----the idiot was not shot------people cannot hang stuff anywhere they feel like HANGING it

I doubt it was distracting. But the right to free speech does not extend to a fundamental right to hang signs on overpasses that are maintained by the state.

I doubt it was distracting. But the right to free speech does not extend to a fundamental right to hang signs on overpasses that are maintained by the state.

Why not? I have a right to speak on any government property.

What would happen if we hung a sign that said shoot Obama? Would that get left up there just because of the shear humor of it. You know Hillary would think that is funny to.

If Michelle let obama borrow his balls for a moment he'd support the kid publicly, but that's unlikely from President Tin Ear.

Arresting him was excessive. That's the problem. At best they should have made him take the signs down if there was a violation, write him a fine, and send him on his way.

Forum List

Back