Students, teachers invite Satanists to football game to protest praying coach

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
The Satanic Temple of Seattle was invited to protest coach Joe Kennedy’s controversial ritual of praying on the 50-yard line after games.

bout a dozen members of the Satanic Temple of Seattle, most dressed in hooded black robes and some masked, left Bremerton High School shortly after their arrival at a varsity-football game Thursday night. They came in response to the controversy surrounding coach Joe Kennedy, who was placed on leave this week for praying on the field after games but attended the game in the stands.

Students swarmed the fence where the Satanists stood outside. The group climbed the fence, shook it, held up crosses, threw liquid, and chanted “Jesus.” Some yelled at the Satanists to go away.

A few of the half-dozen students and teachers who invited the Satanists to attend the game in the spirit of free expression were allowed outside the fence, where they spoke with members of the atheist and agnostic group and thanked them for coming.

Temple spokeswoman Lilith Starr said the group was invited to protest Kennedy’s ritual of kneeling on the 50-yard line after games and praying. “We want equality for everyone,” she said. “If one group is allowed to pray, everyone should be.”

fed6597a-7ec3-11e5-baa9-f4e2c30f497e-780x526.jpg

‘Jesus’ chants greet Satanists at Bremerton football game

Just in case you needed another reason to hate liberals more today than you did yesterday.

So..................it's okay for Christians from the Westboro Baptist Church to protest military funerals "because God hates gays", yet it's not okay for others to express their views?

It's okay for a bunch of Christians to go protest Planned Parenthood and chant, but people with different beliefs can't go to a game and chant?

Free speech works both ways dude.

So..................it's okay for Christians from the Westboro Baptist Church to protest military funerals "because God hates gays", yet it's not okay for others to express their views?

It's okay for a bunch of Christians to go protest Planned Parenthood and chant, but people with different beliefs can't go to a game and chant?

Where the fuck did I say anything about westboro you fucking piece of shit.

I get it. Praying for players health is as offensive as satanists in your pathetic hippy fucking left wing fucked up world.

Fuck you.

I always thought the footba prayer was inappropriate in my public school high school . And I had come from a catholic school!

Is this a warm-up for the annual drama around "The War on Christmas"?

70% of Americans identify as Christian. You're not being persecuted just because you say you are.

If you want an experience of genuine persecution, q.v. North Korea.

I get it. Praying for players health is as offensive as satanists in your pathetic hippy fucking left wing fucked up world.

Fuck you.

Explain to me exactly what is offensive about "Satanists" hanging out at a football game?

Fuck you.

Explain to me exactly what is offensive about "Satanists" hanging out at a football game?

There's nothing offensive about it if your faith is strong and can't be shook just because you saw some people in black robes and horns.

However..................if it's not, you have to be outraged about it, because those sneaky Satanists might end up taking you away and converting you to their cult.

I guess conservatives have to have something to be scared of. Me? I prefer to not walk around in constant fear.

The Satanic Temple of Seattle was invited to protest coach Joe Kennedy’s controversial ritual of praying on the 50-yard line after games.

bout a dozen members of the Satanic Temple of Seattle, most dressed in hooded black robes and some masked, left Bremerton High School shortly after their arrival at a varsity-football game Thursday night. They came in response to the controversy surrounding coach Joe Kennedy, who was placed on leave this week for praying on the field after games but attended the game in the stands.

Students swarmed the fence where the Satanists stood outside. The group climbed the fence, shook it, held up crosses, threw liquid, and chanted “Jesus.” Some yelled at the Satanists to go away.

A few of the half-dozen students and teachers who invited the Satanists to attend the game in the spirit of free expression were allowed outside the fence, where they spoke with members of the atheist and agnostic group and thanked them for coming.

Temple spokeswoman Lilith Starr said the group was invited to protest Kennedy’s ritual of kneeling on the 50-yard line after games and praying. “We want equality for everyone,” she said. “If one group is allowed to pray, everyone should be.”

Just in case you needed another reason to hate liberals more today than you did yesterday.

Why would this be a reason to hate liberals?

Fuck you.

THey missed a turn somewhere....Our high school was the Blue Devils.

Since when do haters need a reason?

Since when do haters need a reason?
It's funny how the OP's thread is blowing up in his face.

It appears the Satanists were good luck as the team won 27-20 in the last minute of the game. :lol:

Fuck you.

That was the mascot of my school when I lived in Corvallis MT.

Fuck you.

The name came from a French WWI fighting battalion so it's appropriate.
As for the thread, why should people make trouble when a citizen exercises one of the most fundamental rights in this country? A right that was a foundation for independence. Should the KKK mount similar protests during black history month? After all, it's a matter of expression, right?
Trouble-making lefties at it again, taking their own freedoms for granted. One of these days they'll wise up. Probably when a right they consider as sacred is taken from them.

Fuck you.

The name came from a French WWI fighting battalion so it's appropriate.
As for the thread, why should people make trouble when a citizen exercises one of the most fundamental rights in this country? A right that was a foundation for independence. Should the KKK mount similar protests during black history month? After all, it's a matter of expression, right?
Trouble-making lefties at it again, taking their own freedoms for granted. One of these days they'll wise up. Probably when a right they consider as sacred is taken from them.

"Making trouble" is one of the most fundamental rights in this country - in fact, a foundation of our independence.

But even without that - explain to me how going to a football game is "making trouble".

Gee, what's the problem? Wanna express your religion you're probably overjoyed when others get to do so as well? No?! (sarcastic surprise) :)

Forum List

Back