Supporters raise $40K to help man who deflated ‘Baby Trump’ balloon

You gotta love it. The snowflakes just can't do anything these days.
Supporters of a man who knifed and deflated a diaper-clad “Baby Trump” balloon so the president would not see it during his visit to watch a University of Alabama football game have raised almost $40,000 to pay his legal fees.

A GoFundMe page created Saturday asks for donations to help Hoyt Deau Hutchinson, 32, “pay legal fees and restitutions” for the balloon had raised $39,641 as of Monday afternoon. The goal for fundraiser was initially set at $6,000.

Hutchinson allegedly cut an 8-foot-long gash into the back of the giant inflatable, which depicted a bright orange Trump donning a diaper and clutching a cell phone.

He was arrested and charged with felony first-degree criminal mischief after fleeing the crime scene in his hometown of Tuscaloosa, where a group of protesters had inflated the balloon for a demonstration at Monnish Park.

it's going to be taken down, as the site typically doesn't allow support for criminal acts.

Wish he would have stuck around to get arrested, would have shown more conviction.

A Tuscaloser stick around after a cowardly act?

What's funny is that a bunch of Trumpanzees are going to have to pay money to people they hate, and the Tuscaloser now has a criminal record.

With that money they can now but two of the balloons.

Wow, coming from a side who's shock troops all wear masks, your case of the vapors is comical.

Supporters of a man who knifed and deflated a diaper-clad “Baby Trump” balloon so the president would not see it during his visit to watch a University of Alabama football game have raised almost $40,000 to pay his legal fees.

A GoFundMe page created Saturday asks for donations to help Hoyt Deau Hutchinson, 32, “pay legal fees and restitutions” for the balloon had raised $39,641 as of Monday afternoon. The goal for fundraiser was initially set at $6,000.

Hutchinson allegedly cut an 8-foot-long gash into the back of the giant inflatable, which depicted a bright orange Trump donning a diaper and clutching a cell phone.

He was arrested and charged with felony first-degree criminal mischief after fleeing the crime scene in his hometown of Tuscaloosa, where a group of protesters had inflated the balloon for a demonstration at Monnish Park.

it's going to be taken down, as the site typically doesn't allow support for criminal acts.

Wish he would have stuck around to get arrested, would have shown more conviction.

He was arrested.

Good. But as I said, sticking around and taking the punishment without running shows more fortitude,

MLK didn't run away when he broke the law to prove a point.

The charge seems excessive

the charge is based upon the cost of the item that was destroyed. It is a simple thing. I would cheer if the got the 10 years max that he can get.
The cost of the item is about $200. You think that justifies a 10 year prison sentence?

No I dont think the charge is appropriate

So you hate all presidents since who?

Eisenhower?

Reagan?

Will you hate any of the democrat candidates should one of them get elected in 2020?

You have a real problem with reading compression, have you thought about going back and getting your GED, they have classes to help with that.

I do not hate anyone, not even my ex-wife.

Hate takes effort and caring...neither of those come into play with politicians.

I am a small government, no deficit spending type of guy. So, the last really good POTUS was the last conservative president..Calvin Coolidge.

As for the current pack of Dems, they all seem even worse than Obama was, and that is a pretty damn low bar.

My only desire is that the Senate and the White House are controlled by different parties. That is the best possible outcome for the nation. Does not really matter which is which.
Calvin Coolidge huh?

You are truly wandering in the wilderness

Eisenhower?

Reagan?

Will you hate any of the democrat candidates should one of them get elected in 2020?

You have a real problem with reading compression, have you thought about going back and getting your GED, they have classes to help with that.

Hate takes effort and caring...neither of those come into play with politicians.

I am a small government, no deficit spending type of guy. So, the last really good POTUS was the last conservative president..Calvin Coolidge.

As for the current pack of Dems, they all seem even worse than Obama was, and that is a pretty damn low bar.

My only desire is that the Senate and the White House are controlled by different parties. That is the best possible outcome for the nation. Does not really matter which is which.
Calvin Coolidge huh?

He was the last conservative president.

Eisenhower?

Reagan?

Calvin Coolidge huh?

He was the last conservative president.
If you are waiting for the next calvin coolidge you are seriously out of touch with the modern world

We may lament Americas changed values

But this is not 1924

Had he stuck around, he might have been murdered.

apparently there are no crimes conservatives won't support for their own side.

they rail against the immorality of liberals and then vote for one of the most immoral men ever elected to public office.

they complain about crime and then they laugh when one of their own takes out a knife and destroys someones elses property

cons = human scum
Do you prefer to bring bricks, bike locks, glass bottles of flammable liquid, or baseball bats when you go to ANTIFA rallies?

So X number of people believe you can go around committing vandalism and not have to take responsibility for it, is that your point?

Good to know.
The felony charge is excessive

Fine him $50 for a misdemeanor and let him go
He should have to pay for the balloon he destroyed, and get whatever the usual penalty is for malicious destruction of property. (Probably time served, a fine, and probation.)

the charge is based upon the cost of the item that was destroyed. It is a simple thing. I would cheer if the got the 10 years max that he can get.

So...more time then a home invader, more time than many killers, more time than someone who robbed a liquor store with a machete while cranked out on hallucinogenics and crack.

Are YOU on crack?

Amazing how many people are willing to set the law aside so they can show support for their party, because the party is all that matters.

It’s not about Party. It IS about IDEOLOGY. Many of us who are not typically supportive of the Moderate Republicans ARE serious supporters of President Trump

There ain't nuttin' "ideological" about an emotional hissyfit in the name of a Personality Cult. There ain't even nuttin' political about it. That's psychology, not politics.
Really...you can read the dude's mind? Wow, you're a true seer, then. A regular Nostradumbass!

You are honestly very crazy and stupid. I don’t think that is a good thing.

I know and accept who/what I am and what I believe. I’m prepared to have my Soul judged at any moment. Most people can’t say the same.
Who you expect to judge? You sure don’t follow Jesus.

A bizarre mix of old Norse beliefs, leavened with some serious mental illness and a dash of Catholic guilt. Mix thoroughly with a heaping helping of self-loathing.

The cost of the item is about $200. You think that justifies a 10 year prison sentence?
Ha, no, definitely not. But I want you to take a moment and pick out an item you own that costs $200. Then ask yourself what penalty you would wish upon me, if I snuck up and destroyed it for fun. Make sure also to include the idea of my vandalsim being bragged about on the news.

What penalty would I want? For something as inconsequential to my daily life as that balloon? Pay for it and get the fuck out of my sight.

The police disagree with you on the cost, to be charged with what he was the cost of the item has to be in excess of $2500.

I would like to see him get the max to deter the next idiot from doing this.

But people like you and those that gave to the GFM page are ensuring that next time something even worse will happen, since they know they will be given all sorts of free money.

He should have done it from a distance with a good rifle. By the time it deflates, the rifle is apart and he's gone.

The police disagree with you on the cost, to be charged with what he was the cost of the item has to be in excess of $2500.

But people like you and those that gave to the GFM page are ensuring that next time something even worse will happen, since they know they will be given all sorts of free money.

He should have done it from a distance with a good rifle. By the time it deflates, the rifle is apart and he's gone.
That would make a few small holes in it that could be patched up in a matter of hours.

So...more time then a home invader, more time than many killers, more time than someone who robbed a liquor store with a machete while cranked out on hallucinogenics and crack.

Are YOU on crack?

perhaps those people should get more time....

I am sure that is what the next ballless wonder who is triggered by a balloon will do.

That would make a few small holes in it that could be patched up in a matter of hours.

why does the balloon trigger you all so very much?

you remind me of the Muslims freaking out over a cartoon

There is a big electric blower that inflates it. Put a couple through that. Most electric motors do not like .30-06 hardball rounds through the housing.

Forum List

Back