Supreme Court: Coach Can Pray on the Sidelines. Ruling 6-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I don't know... if so... so what?
If that actually offends someone then the problem is with them, not everyone else.
I get annoyed when I see people with gay pride shit plastered everywhere... ALSO at public events. Yet... I would never say their right to wear it, place it on their vehicles, store windows etc. should be banned.
That is cause I realize people think differently than me, it is called tolerance.
If you are an example of TOLERANCE

😹

There was a time when only Congress was allowed to make laws at all. In fact, the reason your beloved Roe was repealed is that the Court has no authority to craft law.

And you oppose all of that why?

So now a coach can exercise his right to pray freely, and this angers you.
NOT IN SCHOOL
IN FRONT OF TEENS

This right here shows how messed up and distracted we are over nonsense. A coach kneels BY HIMSELF and does a little prayer and the "case" against him goes to the Supreme Court? WTF??? :confused-84:
He wasn’t BY HIMSELF

Otherwise NO ONE would have known

There was a time when only Congress was allowed to make laws at all. In fact, the reason your beloved Roe was repealed is that the Court has no authority to craft law.

And you oppose all of that why?

So now a coach can exercise his right to pray freely, and this angers you.
Public or private school?

This right here shows how messed up and distracted we are over nonsense. A coach kneels BY HIMSELF and does a little prayer and the "case" against him goes to the Supreme Court? WTF??? :confused-84:
true----his behavior is kinda off key----but WHO CARES

Maybe I don't know... if so... so what?
If that actually offends someone then the problem is with them, not everyone else.
I get annoyed when I see people with gay pride shit plastered everywhere... ALSO at public events. Yet... I would never say their right to wear it, place it on their vehicles, store windows etc. should be banned.
That is cause I realize people think differently than me, it is called tolerance.
Good point

What if they asked you to bow your head to celebrate gay pride

Would you be annoyed?

It's not a win for religious freedom. It is a win for religiosity and indoctrination. Religious freedom is the opposite of what is happening. Coaches have a dominating stature among young impressionable minds. Are all these children even Christians ? If the one Jewish boy or the one Muslim boy decides he can't join the Christians in doing this. Even the impression that he is outside of the loop can have detrimental effects on the individual. I'm not quoting any already written script I'm just thinking off the top of my head and what is reasonable. This is not. Undue influence is at play here. The Constitution says no one religion can be put above the others. Christianity is bad enough, I hope his coach isn't using the name Jesus Christ when he's leading these boys, if you just talked about god that wouldn't be quite as offensive. But to say the name Jesus is unacceptable to children of other faiths or atheist or agnostics. The list goes on and on. This wasn't right for a reason, the only thing that's changed is the people who are supreme Court justices. The people who lied to get on the supreme Court who were sponsored by a lying president. Wonder why it's causing such trouble. The Constitution is based on truth not lies.
How do you know the conservative Justices lied in their confirmation hearings?
Are you a biologist?

Trump never claimed to be Catholic.

Biden uses church as a political prop while being the most corrupt politician in the nation.

A political prop Biden has used his entire life.

Trump used the Bible as a political prop yet can’t name a single verse

A win for religious freedom.

Hard to believe that a school would fire one of their coaches, a good, popular coach with tenure simply for praying on the sidelines? If anything, you'd think reasonable people would simply ask him after the game to just not do that anymore, if you cared at all. But then again, who would believe a school would ever file sex harassment charges against 8th grade children for mispronouncing a pronoun??? :cuckoo:

Good point

What if they asked you to bow your head to celebrate gay pride

Would you be annoyed?
That doesn't happen... but they certainly would say "clap your hands for...."
Same difference. I wouldn't clap. And I don't bow my head.
It isn't a big deal. Certainly not something to take all the way to the supreme court FFS

Hard to believe that a school would fire one of their coaches, a good, popular coach with tenure simply for praying on the sidelines? If anything, you'd think reasonable people would simply ask him after the game to just not do that anymore, if you cared at all. But then again, who would believe a school would ever file sex harassment charges against 8th grade children for mispronouncing a pronoun??? :cuckoo:
He was fired after he was warned not to hold his 50 yard line ceremonies and he did it anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back