Supreme Court Nominees....liberals please weigh in especially.

Would you favor holding NO confirmation hearings for Trump nominees?

• Yes-For the Supreme Court

• Yes-For the Cabinet

• Yes-For "downstream" positions

• No-For the Supreme Court

• No-For the Cabinet

• No-For the "downstream positions"

Results are only viewable after voting.

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
Just a quick question for liberals. But all feel free to vote and weigh in.

I doubt it will happen but lets say the Democrats get control of the Senate this Fall and take take actual control in early 2019.

Would you favor them doing what McConnell and company did to Merrick Garland (sp?) during the last few months of the Obama administration and not holding confirmation hearings?

Would you favor them doing it for the rest of the first term...until 2020? What if Trump wins re-election...would you favor shutting it down until 2024?

What about all of the other confirmations for the Cabinet and the like?

Please vote and weigh in.

First of all, the math says that the chances of Democrats taking a majority in the Senate this fall is, shall we say, slight. There are many more Democrats seeking re-election than Republicans.

But if the Democrats do take over the Senate next January, Trump's nominees will generally be DOA in the Senate for the duration of his term. Whether they simply drag their feet or hold hearings and votes, then vote them down, the result will be the same.

It would be ugly.

And ironically, it would motivate Republicans for 2020 like nothing else. Bring it on.

A bettery thread title would have been
"Just how much of a partisan hack are you?"

First of all, the math says that the chances of Democrats taking a majority in the Senate this fall is, shall we say, slight. There are many more Democrats seeking re-election than Republicans.

But if the Democrats do take over the Senate next January, Trump's nominees will generally be DOA in the Senate for the duration of his term. Whether they simply drag their feet or hold hearings and votes, then vote them down, the result will be the same.

It would be ugly.

And ironically, it would motivate Republicans for 2020 like nothing else. Bring it on.

Agree.

I understand partisanship...the "not holding hearings" needs to stop. Regardless of the stakes.

I doubt it will happen but lets say the Democrats get control of the Senate this Fall and take take actual control in early 2019.

Would you favor them doing what McConnell and company did to Merrick Garland (sp?) during the last few months of the Obama administration and not holding confirmation hearings?

Would you favor them doing it for the rest of the first term...until 2020? What if Trump wins re-election...would you favor shutting it down until 2024?

Your poll question was too ambiguous.

OH, and the question is moot because thanks to DINGY Harry the nuclear option ends the discussion.

But feel lucky the Republicans will put someone in there that follows the law rather than rewrites the law the way you like it.

Depends on what kind of ideological man they shove down America's throat to replace Kennedy.

I think they will if they win the Senate, however I think they should deal with each one on a personal level.

Liberal's need to regroup beginning at the State level. If states are allowed once again to outlaw abortion it will be time to target Red State Governments who do.

What ever happened to that infamous Blue Wave?

Whatever Dims can do to resist they will do.

They don't care who wins elections. To them, democracy is pure evil unless they win elections.

What ever happened to that infamous Blue Wave?

LMAO the GOP has already committed to confirming a nominee BEFORE the elections, Dem's will have no say in who is confirmed and are powerless to do anything about it.

Depends on what kind of ideological man they shove down America's throat to replace Kennedy.

I think they will if they win the Senate, however I think they should deal with each one on a personal level.

Liberal's need to regroup beginning at the State level. If states are allowed once again to outlaw abortion it will be time to target Red State Governments who do.
Outlawing abortion isn't an option.
Making us pay for it, or paying for birth control, is also not an option.

LMAO the GOP has already committed to confirming a nominee BEFORE the elections, Dem's will have no say in who is confirmed and are powerless to do anything about it.

Strange how they—the Democrats are more powerful than the Gods in every other instance but are powerless here.

Turnabout is fair play.

Who democrats take back the Senate in 2019, they keep impeaching people until Hillary is President

Turnabout is fair play.
Finally....

How long would you be comfortable with this obstruction.?

It would be ugly.

Agree.

I understand partisanship...the "not holding hearings" needs to stop. Regardless of the stakes.
Wish I could change my vote, you are right. They should at least hold hearings.

Who democrats take back the Senate in 2019, they keep impeaching people until Hillary is President

D%20Defense%2099020180626010626.jpg

It would be ugly.

Agree.

Wish I could change my vote, you are right. They should at least hold hearings.

The paradigm is that someone needs to write down the rules…just not for the Senate, just not for the House, just not for the executive….and put an end to this type of legally being able to refuse to do your constitutional duty. We can disagree (and do) on a lot of things. But I think we can all agree that you shouldn’t be able to refuse to do your job. What if a terrorist steered a plane into the Supreme Court and killed all 9 justices and the Senate was controlled by a different political party than the President? Do we simply not have a supreme court until both entities are controlled by the same Party? It’s a crazy way to do business.

Forum List

Back