Supreme Court Overturns Conviction of Black Man because of All White Jury

If anyone has ever heard of a white person having an all white jury let me know

Every time I've gone for jury duty everyone in the room was white. I'm sure minorities were summoned, but none showed up.

I call bullflop!

Call any damned thing you want, I've reported for jury duty at the county level 3 times and once at the Justice of the Peace level and everyone in the jury pool looked white.

Every time I've gone for jury duty everyone in the room was white. I'm sure minorities were summoned, but none showed up.

I call bullflop!

Call any damned thing you want, I've reported for jury duty at the county level 3 times and once at the Justice of the Peace level and everyone in the jury pool looked white.

Do u live in an all white district ?

SO much for being JUDGED by the content of your character............
After seeing notes that singled out the black jurors for exclusion for jury duty, Thomas argued that there was no reason to go back over the death penalty case!

However, CC is wrong in calling Judge Thomas an uncle Tom. Uncle Tom would go out of his way to help. Who is Thomas helping?

I think Clarence Thomas is right. When you serve on a jury, the color of your skin is not the issue, the facts of the case are the issue.

Except the prosecutors eliminated the black jurors and made up bogus reasons for doing it . Guess the color of their skin was an issue then.
And that changes the truth of my statement how, exactly?
The prosecutors made race an issue. They have notes documenting that they made it an issue!

Look, if the prosecutors have an air tight case, why eliminate jurors based on the color of their skin?

It is sad that the jewish women on the Supreme Court hate white women and abhor justice.

Timothy Tyrone Foster, 29, was sentenced to death in Floyd County in May 1987. Mr. Foster confessed that on the night of Aug. 27, 1986, he broke into the home of Queen Madge White, 79. Her jaw was broken, she had gashes on the top of her head and she had been sexually assaulted and strangled.

Mr. Foster had a juvenile record including armed robbery. In July 1991, his case was sent back to the trial court on the issue of mental retardation.

FOSTER v. THE STATE.

MARSHALL, Chief Justice.

Murder, etc. Floyd Superior Court. Before Judge Frazier, Senior Judge.
This is a death-penalty case. Queen Madge White, a 79-year-old widow, lived by herself in Rome, Georgia. Early in the evening of August 27, 1986, a friend took White to choir practice, and brought her home at 8:30 p.m. White talked to her sister by telephone at 9:00 p.m. and everything was normal. However, when the sister stopped by early the next morning, she discovered that White's house had been broken into and ransacked.

The sister called the police, who found White's body lying on the floor in her bedroom covered to her chin by a blanket. Her face was coated with talcum powder. Her jaw was broken. She had a severe gash on the top of her head. She had been sexually molested with a salad-dressing bottle, and strangled to death. A number of her possessions were missing from her home.

The appellant, Timothy Tyrone Foster, was arrested for White's murder a month later when he threatened his live-in companion and she responded by turning him in. The victim's possessions were recovered from their home and from Foster's two sisters. Foster was interrogated and confessed. A jury convicted him of malice murder and burglary, and sentenced him to death.

Timothy Tyrone Foster | Murderpedia, the encyclopedia of murderers

I call bullflop!

Do u live in an all white district ?

Nope, that's why I said there were probably minorities summoned. Although I'd say my county probably has fewer minorities than most. Many rural counties in TX are like that.

The Donald's ad people should really consider using this case in campaign ads similar to the successful Willie Horton ad, on how bad the current Supreme Court is and how important it is to appoint judges who respect the Constitution and do not legislate from the bench.

It is sad that the jewish women on the Supreme Court hate white women and abhor justice.

Timothy Tyrone Foster, 29, was sentenced to death in Floyd County in May 1987. Mr. Foster confessed that on the night of Aug. 27, 1986, he broke into the home of Queen Madge White, 79. Her jaw was broken, she had gashes on the top of her head and she had been sexually assaulted and strangled.

Mr. Foster had a juvenile record including armed robbery. In July 1991, his case was sent back to the trial court on the issue of mental retardation.

FOSTER v. THE STATE.

MARSHALL, Chief Justice.

This is a death-penalty case. Queen Madge White, a 79-year-old widow, lived by herself in Rome, Georgia. Early in the evening of August 27, 1986, a friend took White to choir practice, and brought her home at 8:30 p.m. White talked to her sister by telephone at 9:00 p.m. and everything was normal. However, when the sister stopped by early the next morning, she discovered that White's house had been broken into and ransacked.

The sister called the police, who found White's body lying on the floor in her bedroom covered to her chin by a blanket. Her face was coated with talcum powder. Her jaw was broken. She had a severe gash on the top of her head. She had been sexually molested with a salad-dressing bottle, and strangled to death. A number of her possessions were missing from her home.

The appellant, Timothy Tyrone Foster, was arrested for White's murder a month later when he threatened his live-in companion and she responded by turning him in. The victim's possessions were recovered from their home and from Foster's two sisters. Foster was interrogated and confessed. A jury convicted him of malice murder and burglary, and sentenced him to death.

Is the question "Is foster innocent or guilty?"
Or
Is the question "Was there a record of racial discrimination in the selection process of jurors?"

Its the second question. You have to give Foster a new trial. He is not freed, he was tried outside the normal conduct of the law.

FOSTER v. THE STATE.

MARSHALL, Chief Justice.

Is the question "Is foster innocent or guilty?"
Or
Is the question "Was there a record of racial discrimination in the selection process of jurors?"

Its the second question. You have to give Foster a new trial. He is not freed, he was tried outside the normal conduct of the law.

It's a big case because prosecutors have been using their challenges to manipulate the race of juries since forever. Now they can't .

Why is it ok for ClosedCaption to be a racist? He called Justice Thomas an "Uncle Tom" which is a very racist thing to say. I think ClosedCaption owes every black person on this forum an apology.

Interesting. Timmy and ClosedC seem to believe that skin color is a determining factor in how someone reasons as a juror. "A black Juror would probably have a different background and experience than a white juror." That means, as jurors, there's some magic difference in how they hear testimony and determine if the defendant is guilty or innocent because of their experience? "If skin color wasn't an issue than why did the the prosecutor work so hard to avoid blacks. LOL" No. The notion that black people and white people are somehow differently made so that after hearing evidence, skin color rather than their minds, will determine how they interpret the evidence they hear, is not funny at all. That prosecutors have to play the skin color game is a sad reflection of the vastness of racism in our society as displayed by the likes of Timmy and Closed.

Do you think all juries are same ? That they all will come out wh the same verdict ?

The point of the story is that the guy was denied a fair trial . The state cut black jurors with the same background as white ones ( one excuse was that a juror was divorced ) .

The guy might be found guilty again. That's not the point . The point is that he was treated unfairly by prosecutors .
So the black divorced person was excused only because he was black? Hard to buy. Like I said before, it's people like you who keep the race divide alive.

I think Clarence Thomas is right. When you serve on a jury, the color of your skin is not the issue, the facts of the case are the issue.

Except the prosecutors eliminated the black jurors and made up bogus reasons for doing it . Guess the color of their skin was an issue then.
The prosecutors made race an issue. They have notes documenting that they made it an issue!

Look, if the prosecutors have an air tight case, why eliminate jurors based on the color of their skin?
I've answered that already.

What the hell does it matter? My gawd, people are so stupid...
Look at that racist POS OP. Calling Thomas a racial insult all because he didn't jump on any racial bandwagon. PATHETIC
"equality" LMFAO buncha fuckin jokes :thup:

Wow, so me AND the entire Supreme Court "jumped on the racial bandwagon"? Nice way to ignore the whole death sentence thing. More Whine ma'am?

Oh? So you have access to the transcript of the voir dire?
If so, please post.

The jury decides the factsq And a lot of that is based on the background and experiences. A black Juror would probably have a different background and experience than a white juror.
Holy shit....Are you fucking stupid......

Oh? So you have access to the transcript of the voir dire?
If so, please post.

Aww, are you disagreeing with the Supreme Court?

Interesting. Timmy and ClosedC seem to believe that skin color is a determining factor in how someone reasons as a juror. "A black Juror would probably have a different background and experience than a white juror." That means, as jurors, there's some magic difference in how they hear testimony and determine if the defendant is guilty or innocent because of their experience? "If skin color wasn't an issue than why did the the prosecutor work so hard to avoid blacks. LOL" No. The notion that black people and white people are somehow differently made so that after hearing evidence, skin color rather than their minds, will determine how they interpret the evidence they hear, is not funny at all. That prosecutors have to play the skin color game is a sad reflection of the vastness of racism in our society as displayed by the likes of Timmy and Closed.

Do you think all juries are same ? That they all will come out wh the same verdict ?

The point of the story is that the guy was denied a fair trial . The state cut black jurors with the same background as white ones ( one excuse was that a juror was divorced ) .

The guy might be found guilty again. That's not the point . The point is that he was treated unfairly by prosecutors .
So the black divorced person was excused only because he was black? Hard to buy. Like I said before, it's people like you who keep the race divide alive.

So you're saying the Supreme Court didn't have all the facts. That's cool.

In case you missed it, SCOTUS throws out death sentence for black man from all-white jury.

Clarence Thomas was the only dissenter. Going full Uncle Tom on everybodies ass

And conservatives want to put more like Thomas on the Supreme Court.

The reprehensible right, indeed.

Forum List

Back