Supreme Court rules against Warhol art.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
I'm not sure why this is just now in the Supreme Court but again, I agree with the court. The photographer has a right to get paid for her work. Nothing wrong with someone else using it but the photographer needs paid.

Supreme Court Rules Andy Warhol’s Image of Prince Breaches Copyright Laws

It's also interesting that Kagen has seemed to have been quite upset over being the minority in this case. I was never a huge Warhol fan but that really has little to do with my position.

Elena Kagan Takes Shot at Sonia Sotomayor in Unusual SCOTUS Opinion Note: ‘I’ll Take My Chances on Readers’ Good Judgment’

I'm not sure why this is just now in the Supreme Court but again, I agree with the court. The photographer has a right to get paid for her work. Nothing wrong with someone else using it but the photographer needs paid.

Supreme Court Rules Andy Warhol’s Image of Prince Breaches Copyright Laws

It's also interesting that Kagen has seemed to have been quite upset over being the minority in this case. I was never a huge Warhol fan but that really has little to do with my position.

Elena Kagan Takes Shot at Sonia Sotomayor in Unusual SCOTUS Opinion Note: ‘I’ll Take My Chances on Readers’ Good Judgment’

I agree. I'm on a few AI art groups on Facebook and whenever I talk about the fact that AI programs use people's photos without permission that they find on the internet, I get massively attacked.

Forum List

Back