Supreme Court Strikes Down Law Turning Pro-Life Pregnancy Centers Into ‘Abortion Referral Agencies’

If one baby makes it past the abortion mills they are pissed. They want to repopulate us with Mexican kids coming across the border.

Good ruling. Hard to believe 4 justices think it’s not against the first amendment to force people to say something

So is it wrong for States to tell clinics what clinics have to tell women?
Says the US Constitution, Dufus.

I agree with the U.S. Constitution too.

I look forward to your support in striking down these laws:

A State-by-State List of the Lies Abortion Doctors Are Forced to Tell Women

When she worked at an abortion clinic in South Dakota, Dr. Diane Horvath-Cosper was legally required to tell prospective patients that there was a chance that abortion would increase their risk of breast cancer and suicide.Immediately afterwards, she'd tell them that neither of those statements had any actual basis in medical science. "What I would say was, 'The state requires me to give you this information. We have excellent medical evidence to say that it's actually not true, but I'm required to tell you this,'" she recalls.

Twenty-eight states require abortion clinics to carry written informed consent brochures containing information about alternatives to abortion, the risks associated with abortion, and fetal development stages—all information selected, again, by legislators. In 11 states, the physician is legally obligated to give the brochure to her patients; in 17, she only needs to offer it to them.

Dr. Horvath-Cosper also worked in a clinic in Minnesota, a state with both an informed consent requirement and a mandatory 24-hour waiting period. "I had to call each patient and read her a script that included all the information that the state wanted us to include about the risks of abortion, about the other options that are available to people," she says. This extra requirement for abortions is superfluous; discussing risks and benefits is standard for all medical procedures.

Good ruling. Hard to believe 4 justices think it’s not against the first amendment to force people to say something

Exactly. What the OP missed is it cuts both ways. It also means gag rules in anti abortion states preventing clinics and doctors from reccomending abortions are also struck down.

Bet he didn't give that a seconds thought before making the post.

Exactly. What the OP missed is it cuts both ways. It also means gag rules in anti abortion states preventing clinics and doctors from reccomending abortions are also struck down.

Bet he didn't give that a seconds thought before making the post.

Even more so- the laws which anti-choice states impose upon doctors and clinics that force speech upon them.

I don't see how those laws can stand now that the Supreme Court has said that state's cannot force speech on clinics.

Forum List

Back