Supreme Court Upholds Part of Arizona Law

Obama wins another immigration battle. Woo hoo!!!!!

So you are for illegal immigration. What an ass.

No one I know is for illegal immigration. I've lost jobs to illegal immigrants. Conservatives who are cheap keep hiring them over qualified Americans like me.

I am for sanity and rational policy. The Dream Act. and Obama has deported more illegals criminals and others, than any other President.
Y
so stfu

You obviously are completely against the law, or you wouldn't be celebrating You are in the camp with the illegals.
And if you've lost jobs to illegals you really should be furious that the court struck down the section that made it illegal for illegals to work in the state.
Instead there you are celebrating.

No one I know is for illegal immigration. I've lost jobs to illegal immigrants. Conservatives who are cheap keep hiring them over qualified Americans like me.

I am for sanity and rational policy. The Dream Act. and Obama has deported more illegals criminals and others, than any other President.

so stfu

You obviously are completely against the law, or you wouldn't be celebrating You are in the camp with the illegals.
And if you've lost jobs to illegals you really should be furious that the court struck down the section that made it illegal for illegals to work in the state.

A conservative court struck the law down.

75% of the law's provisions that were up for debate were struck down. That's not a victory for AZ, so it's a win for Obama. Also, the Supreme Court also said the key provision they left in place can still be challenged in lower courts, and eventually it will probably make its way back to them, I'm sure. The injunctions from the lower courts until then will keep this law dead in the water.

So yeah, spin it all you want, but Obama won pretty big in this one, certainly more than he likely will on the ACA.

The key provision was upheld, so you can't call it a "pretty big win" win for Obama.

By the way, why do you continue to post a lie about about Abraham Lincoln?

that main provision will be abused by immigrantion nazis, so it will eventually be struck down. :clap2:

Well liar, until that happens the key part stands.

so stfu

Not the key issue however.

75% of the law's provisions that were up for debate were struck down. That's not a victory for AZ, so it's a win for Obama. Also, the Supreme Court also said the key provision they left in place can still be challenged in lower courts, and eventually it will probably make its way back to them, I'm sure. The injunctions from the lower courts until then will keep this law dead in the water.

So yeah, spin it all you want, but Obama won pretty big in this one, certainly more than he likely will on the ACA.

The key provision was upheld, so you can't call it a "pretty big win" win for Obama.

By the way, why do you continue to post a lie about about Abraham Lincoln?

that main provision will be abused by immigrantion nazis, so it will eventually be struck down. :clap2:
I don't feel sorry for you if you've lost jobs to illegals.

Breaking news now. Arizona law provision constitutional, two others out the window.

Police can check immigration status if somebody stopped for other issue.

Other whacky Tea Party type laws are out. States Rights cuckoo crap is out

Supreme Court Upholds Key Part of Arizona Immigration Law - WSJ.com

The Supreme Court upheld a key part of Arizona's tough immigration law but struck down others as intrusions on federal sovereignty, in a ruling that gave both sides something to cheer in advance of November elections where immigration is a major issue.

The court backed a section of the Arizona state law that calls for police to check the immigration status of people they stop.

Funny, that is the part of the law that Obama objected to.

yeah, and the key thing is it was ruled Constitutional in principle, but with caveat...

Arizona and other states will surely overstep. then when the Court revisits, Obama will have been proven correct

All law enforcement agencies have that inherent power that if someone is detained legally s/he can be asked for papers.

The far right lost on this one. Good.

The law now has NO balls to it. And since the SCOTUS also said it's open to more law suits and injunctions, it won't see the light of day, probably ever. It's a loss, spin it how you choose to, but it's a loss for the Tea Party, Jan Brewer and Joe Arpaio.

And the Lincoln quote is from a lost memo from Lincoln to Bill S. Preston, Esq. And Ted "Theodore" Logan.

Y
so stfu

I am against unConstitutional crap.

I for for immigration reform. Most every one is. How we get there is the issue. Some of us want to respect the Constitution as we do it. And we want reason and rationality to prevail.

Dream Act!!!

Breaking news now. Arizona law provision constitutional, two others out the window.

Police can check immigration status if somebody stopped for other issue.

Other whacky Tea Party type laws are out. States Rights cuckoo crap is out

yeah, and the key thing is it was ruled Constitutional in principle, but with caveat...

Arizona and other states will surely overstep. then when the Court revisits, Obama will have been proven correct

Well we'll just have to see how it plays out, but until then the provision stands.

Y
so stfu

I for for immigration reform. Most every one is. How we get there is the issue. Some of us want to respect the Constitution as we do it. And we want reason and rationality to prevail.

Dream Act!!!
No you're not. You're like all liberals that always have a reason to be against the enforcement of immigration laws.

Last edited:
Both parties are for cheap immigration, one to get voters and the other to get cheap workers.

AZ overstepped its boundaries and was slapped into place. AZ won nothing in that if one is detained legally, one's background is open to investigation.

BHO and MR are turning the illegal immigration issue into a probable reform effort that will work.

Yup. Only repugs own businesses.

Guess the Dems got what they wanted......an issue they can capitalize on that never gets solved.

Dream Act!!!
No you're not. You're like all liberals that always have a reason to be against the enforcement of immigration laws.

I guess you dislike reality as much as you dislike America. :(

Well we'll just have to see how it plays out, but until then the provision stands.

It does, and anyone that is paying attention sees the writing on the wall. Tea Party Lunatics and other right wing idiots are already demanding the states do what the Court warned may upset things.

:clap2:

:thewave:

Stopping someone to verify your immigration status was upheld.
The very heart of the bill, that the left was so butt hurt about and the main reason they were protesting. :)

If the people don't like the federal government not enforcing its own laws, get another president. Sounds good to me.

Dream Act!!!

Which ones?

Forum List

Back