Supreme Court Upholds Part of Arizona Law

Stopping someone to verify your immigration status was upheld.
The very heart of the bill, that the left was so butt hurt about and the main reason they were protesting. :)

Actually that part of it wasn't.

A LEO can check the immigration status of someone stopped for another reason, like a busted tail light. But they can't stop someone in the street just to check their status.

Both parties are for cheap immigration, one to get voters and the other to get cheap workers.

AZ overstepped its boundaries and was slapped into place. AZ won nothing in that if one is detained legally, one's background is open to investigation.

BHO and MR are turning the illegal immigration issue into a probable reform effort that will work.

Yup. Only repugs own businesses.

Guess the Dems got what they wanted......an issue they can capitalize on that never gets solved.

Stop being difficult. We Republicans are almost corrupt as the Dems.

Romney's immigration reform program will solve most of this.

They can ask immigration status but can't arrest them?

That's really going to come down to how it's enforced. Theoretically, there's nothing wrong with arresting a person who fails to demonstrate their legal status. However, in practice there are probably going to be plenty of people who don't have something on them at the time, like a birth certificate or passport, who will be subsequently detained. I think the constitutionality of enforcement will hinge on how long such people are detained to further investigate their legal status.

Both parties are for cheap immigration, one to get voters and the other to get cheap workers.

AZ overstepped its boundaries and was slapped into place. AZ won nothing in that if one is detained legally, one's background is open to investigation.

BHO and MR are turning the illegal immigration issue into a probable reform effort that will work.

Guess the Dems got what they wanted......an issue they can capitalize on that never gets solved.

What immigration reform program is that?

The one his staff is working on right now. Do you know the general LDS stand concerning immigration and illegals? Romney has been raised his entire life in a culture that has embraced immigration as a great thing, an American and Mormon narrative.

You are going to be amazed at just how good the program is going to be, and that MR won't take any flack from the nativists to the far right. He is fully capable of being the FDR of the center right.

The one his staff is working on right now. Do you know the general LDS stand concerning immigration and illegals? Romney has been raised his entire life in a culture that has embraced immigration as a great thing, an American and Mormon narrative.

You are going to be amazed at just how good the program is going to be, and that MR won't take any flack from the nativists to the far right. He is fully capable of being the FDR of the center right.
I doubt I'll be amazed. This is the second time he's run for president, he should already have a policy instead of having to have his staff come up with one.

I doubt I'll be amazed. This is the second time he's run for president, he should already have a policy instead of having to have his staff come up with one.

:lol: Romney should more compassionate, but he's not because he will make a deal with Satan himself to become the First Mormon President

Exactly.

Also, how can he come up with a pro-immigration policy after having to run SO FAR FUCKING RIGHT on it during this year's primaries?

Oh wait. I know. Because he's Flipp Romney.

You don't want to be amazed, but I think you will be.

The only solid policy he ever had on immigration is that as Governor it shouldn't be known that illegal immigrants did his gardening.

I did some consulting work fora few of his neighbors - gardens and water features/ponds. I only wish I could have gotten an account with the elite further up the hill. Romney didn't hie firms that employed legal aliens and Americans. Like most conservatives he went with the cheapest the market had to offer -- illegals

CNN is calling this a win.

The SCOTUS overturned 3 provisions they said were already federal law.

The non-discrimination aspect was upheld, which is the heart of the lawsuit.

3 provisions already federal law? The overweening question here is, if three provisions are already federal law, why is AZ forced to write state law in order to enforce them? The federal failure to enforce its own laws constitutes an abdication of duty that needs to be addressed.
By the federal government since it is their irresponsibility not the states.

Guy's, without Comprehensive Border Security, there is no Policy, only more Chaos.

Obama has done a better job of deportation.

The border security is still not as good as it should be: strong enough to turn the illegal flood to a trickle.

Heavily enforced sanctions of businesses who willfully hire illegals is necessary.

Guy's, without Comprehensive Border Security, there is no Policy, only more Chaos.
What exactly do you see as comprehensive border security?

Secure Borders. Finish the Fences. Patrol. Air Patrol. Relocate some Military Bases close to or on the Border. Incorporate National Guard Training Facilities there. What ever it takes. Enough is enough.

Obama has done a better job of deportation.

The border security is still not as good as it should be: strong enough to turn the illegal flood to a trickle.

Heavily enforced sanctions of businesses who willfully hire illegals is necessary.

It is the economy that is most responsible for fewer coming here, so indirectly, yes, Obama is responsible for the slow down.

Forum List

Back