Supreme Court VRA Coup

SporkOfTriumph

Kitchen Utensil of Glory
Jul 1, 2013
For generations, Americans depended on the Voting Rights Act (VRA) to protect their right to vote against racist state or local officials attempting to block it. But the Conservative Five Justices on the Supreme Court have ruled to strike down key versions of VRA, thus opening the flood gates for Southern states to begin instituting a Jim Crow 2.0 system whereby minority voters face a gauntlet just to vote and may still be denied. I thought in this country people were equally entitled to vote, and that a person shouldn't be attacked and his rights undermined just because of the color of his skin. That is unacceptable and goes against the most basic standards of law that other legal scholars tell me. They tell me it's a complete fiction; total nonsense made up out of where just guarantee Republican election victory in 2014 by disenfranchising the Democratic minority base. Another words, a coup from the bench. What do you think about this?

For generations, Americans depended on the Voting Rights Act (VRA) to protect their right to vote against racist state or local officials attempting to block it. But the Conservative Five Justices on the Supreme Court have ruled to strike down key versions of VRA, thus opening the flood gates for Southern states to begin instituting a Jim Crow 2.0 system whereby minority voters face a gauntlet just to vote and may still be denied. I thought in this country people were equally entitled to vote, and that a person shouldn't be attacked and his rights undermined just because of the color of his skin. That is unacceptable and goes against the most basic standards of law that other legal scholars tell me. They tell me it's a complete fiction; total nonsense made up out of where just guarantee Republican election victory in 2014 by disenfranchising the Democratic minority base. Another words, a coup from the bench. What do you think about this?

I think it's a done deal and your attempt to claim political bias has sorta been shot all to hell by the other rulings that have been handed down recently.

When you have some "Jim Crow 2.0" laws that are instituted, you'll have a issue.

Right now what you have is nothing but a left wing talking point.

Forum List

Back