Surprise... California voter records show 144% over those legal to vote

Not yet they can't. We have to wait for the Supreme Court decision on that one.

Yes they can. Read the NVRA.

Neil Gorsuch's First Voting Rights Case

The plaintiffs will lose. It's allowed if you send the residency confirmation postcard. (Ohio did) Also, list maintenance functions of this type have not been suspended pending the case.

Until somebody overrules the courts decision, anybody can take the issue up and have it stopped in their state, so it's not worth the time and money until the SC hears and decides on the case.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you that this is what all states should do.

And yet Judicial Watch is suing CA just like they sued Ohio.

I'm planning an alternate residency confirmation mailing this winter. It's the only way to get most inactive voters off your rolls.

I think what we did here in Ohio is the best way. They sent out postcards to people who were totally inactive for two years. If they didn't get the reply, they gave them four more years of inactivity until they removed them from the rolls.

Various groups including the ACLU had a court stop it, and we were forced to put all those removed names back on the voting rolls.

The plaintiffs will lose. It's allowed if you send the residency confirmation postcard. (Ohio did) Also, list maintenance functions of this type have not been suspended pending the case.

Until somebody overrules the courts decision, anybody can take the issue up and have it stopped in their state, so it's not worth the time and money until the SC hears and decides on the case.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you that this is what all states should do.

And yet Judicial Watch is suing CA just like they sued Ohio.

I'm planning an alternate residency confirmation mailing this winter. It's the only way to get most inactive voters off your rolls.

I think what we did here in Ohio is the best way. They sent out postcards to people who were totally inactive for two years. If they didn't get the reply, they gave them four more years of inactivity until they removed them from the rolls.

Various groups including the ACLU had a court stop it, and we were forced to put all those removed names back on the voting rolls.

I will be doing mine based on the NVRA and CA Election Code. I'll send out postcards to inactive voters who haven't voted or updated their records in two Federal elections.

Forum List

Back