Surprise! Cruz votes with Democrats after trying to block spending plan

When did integrity mean promising people something you can't deliver, and blaming others when it becomes apparant you lied about the promise? I call that fraud.

Oh, you mean like the promises that were made like this:

In the primary justification for the stimulus package, the Obama administration and Democratic proponents presented a graph in January 2009 showing the projected unemployment rate with and without the ARRA. The graph showed that if ARRA was not enacted the unemployment rate would exceed 9%; but if ARRA was enacted it would never exceed 8%. After ARRA became law, the actual unemployment rate exceeded 8% in February 2009, exceeded 9% in May 2009, and exceeded 10% in October 2009. The actual unemployment rate was 9.2% in June 2011 when it was projected to be below 7% with the ARRA.​

:clap2:

Fraud.

oh, bullshit. That's beneath you. Economic predictions are always wrong. Lying about what you can achieve politically is different. Jesus.

When you use it to pass a crapload of government pork, then those predicitons become something you own.

Oh, you mean like the promises that were made like this:

In the primary justification for the stimulus package, the Obama administration and Democratic proponents presented a graph in January 2009 showing the projected unemployment rate with and without the ARRA. The graph showed that if ARRA was not enacted the unemployment rate would exceed 9%; but if ARRA was enacted it would never exceed 8%. After ARRA became law, the actual unemployment rate exceeded 8% in February 2009, exceeded 9% in May 2009, and exceeded 10% in October 2009. The actual unemployment rate was 9.2% in June 2011 when it was projected to be below 7% with the ARRA.​

:clap2:

Fraud.

oh, bullshit. That's beneath you. Economic predictions are always wrong. Lying about what you can achieve politically is different. Jesus.

When you use it to pass a crapload of government pork, then those predicitons become something you own.

Wait for it.....

Wait.....

:eusa_shhh:
The "It was Bush's Fault" excuse should appear at any monment.

Respectfully, Jake, you are making a fool of yourself. Cruz' protest/plan is to vote no in the cloture vote for the bill, not vote no in the vote to bring the bill to debate, nor vote no in the vote for bill that includes the defending of Obama care. The cloture vote has not happened yet. But here you are either clueless, or claiming that you can see into the future and he has changed his vote for cloture.

That's what I was wondering.
Many are having a fit that Cruz as well as all of the Senators voted on cloture Wednesday in order to debate for 30 hours on the defunding of the Health Care Bill.

The Senate continues today (Thursday) on the debate on the Continuing Resolution which will temporarily fund the government beyond the September 30 deadline, which is when the fiscal year ends. The Senate is debating the House measure which funds the federal government at current sequester levels of $986.3 billion through December 15 and defunds the Affordable Care Act (ACA).

Then they will vote on Friday for cloture. This is the one that Senator Cruz and Republicans will vote no or yes on. Sen. Cruz will vote no on this one.

Under Senate rules, the next cloture vote is set occur no later than an hour after the Senate comes in on Friday morning. The timing of this vote can happen sooner if there’s unanimous consent to do so. IF cloture is invoked (requires 60 votes), there would be another 30 hours of post-cloture debate which could push into Saturday if all time is used. When all the time expires or is yielded back, the Senate will vote on any points of order that are raised, vote on Sen. Reid’s substitute amendment followed by a vote on final passage of the CR, as amended.

I've truly been shocked at how many actually don't understand how their government works or even know the simplest of procedures to move a bill forward.

Most people that hear bad news and / or accusations about people from the media believe it as gospel. I'm not surprised most folks don't know the mechanics of pushing a bill through congress. Nor am I surprised most folks will blindly follow the media and leaders off a cliff. It's the clan mentality, folks want to be a part of a group, not many are willing to be "outside" the group. This grouping/clan mentality was and may still be a genetic trait for the survival of the species. See schooling of fish, and packs of wolves for other examples of grouping being a genetic and learned trait.

Last edited:
The Cons in the House are now in the minority because they gave their power away to the Teaparty. Democrats have had to fight shady obstruction schemes since Obama took the presidency. He's overcome this; however, you don't seem to understand much other than balancing yourself on the fence taking potshots at everyone so that you can seem right all the time.

McFly is an archaic term, sort of like most of your idiotic posts here.

Please. :cuckoo:

What is wrong with you? What has turned you into this evil person?

Try rereading your response to mine, McFly. It's pretty much all that is here anymore, personal attacks and insults. Used to be conversation but now, nothing much more than this.

I like Marty McFly. The phrase is intended to point out when someone is being stubborn headed and prideful and not understanding the consequences of said action.

... point taken :)

Last edited:
You right wing dipshits just don't get it, if you guys want no compromise why vote yes to have debate on it? Dumbass.

You right wing dipshits just don't get it, if you guys want no compromise why vote yes to have debate on it? Dumbass.

It's part of the procedure to pass the bill you Jack Ass. Fitting symbol of the Democratic Party.

How do you pass the bill into law as prescribed by the House without bringing it to the floor...............

aka This version is the way Cruz wants it, without Amendments.

Reid will force the Amendment process where he will push his Amendment through to add Obamacare to the menu. After more debate against the Amendment, he will force the amendment to a vote, whereby the Senators like cruz will attempt to FORCE CLOTURE on the Amendment to force a 60 vote threshold to vote on the amendment. In this way they can block Reid as he wants a straight up vote on the issue. If the GOP Rhino's would stand up and stop their BS, there is a way to make it difficult for Reid to get the Straight up vote on his amendment by Procedure.

Thus leaving the Congressional bill on the table with the defunding of Obamacare on the table for the final vote.

Thus Forcing the Dems to vote NO on the final version. As this procedure continues to unfold we move closer to the deadline. Forcing the House to push through another bill as a replacement. Which is already written, but not disclosed. Which will include cuts in other areas.

And it again makes the clock tick to the deadline, giving the Dems little time to react or delay cuts they will again refuse................

Where are the proposed cuts in spending from the Dems to lower the deficit..................

They want an OPEN ENDED BUDGET to SPEND AS THEY PLEASE which is exactly why Obama and the Dems haven't passed a Budget even when they had the Super Majority. They don't want to cut anything, except the military. They are by nature Tax and Spend Liberals who want NO BUDGETARY CONSTRAINTS.

To spend as they please as they drive us off an ECONOMIC CLIFF with REDUCED REVENUES FROM THEIR ANTI BUSINESS BELIEFS AND LAWS.

If I were in charge of the House today. I'd immediately bring to vote as Amended by Reid, and shoot it down.

This will occur as they will pass the Amendment to include funding for Obamacare.

Then I would REFUSE TO PROPOSE A NEW BILL, and STATE CLEARLY.

WE WANT A BUDGET BILL PROPOSAL WITH CUTS FROM THE PRESIDENT THROUGH THE NEXT FISCAL YEAR. Something that hasn't been done since Obama has been in office.

A clear Budget, without any open ended Spending. Freezing current spending levels with no more entitlement spending allowed. Cuts to the Fed by a 100 Billion a year as a thresh hold.

NO MORE GOP PROPOSALS or OPTIONS. Put the WHOLE DAMN THING ON THE DEMS, as they simply complain about GOP bills as they offer NO BILLS THEMSELVES.

If they refuse. Shut the DAMN THING DOWN.

BTW. It never shuts down. It just means the spending Gap from hell is not funded. We still get Tax Revenues every month to PAY BILLS, and there are laws on the books to ensure critical areas are FUNDED.

The BS on TV and these threads. We are all going to die, bills have to be paid, No Gov't at all is UTTER BS.

We will still have over 200 Billion, actually nearing 270 Billion a month to pay debts and programs. I'd have to check the Revenues per month to see.

So the Gov't DOESN'T SHUT DOWN. Now for the rest of the story and why we need to FIRE ALL OF THESE IGNORANT BASTARDS IN GOV'T. The INTEREST ON THE DEBT PER MONTH IS AROUND 50 BILLION A MONTH.

That is roughly 25% of total revenues a month. Yeah, that's right, a quarter of our tax revenues goes to paying interest on the debt as we borrow 40% to pay the monthly bills via credit card.

US Federal Budget Revenue Estimate vs. Actual for FY2012 - Charts

200 Billion a month in Revenues using 2012 data.

Roughly 90 Billion a month GAP in revenue versus debt.

Of which 50 Billion a month on Interest payments.

So the So CALLED SHUT DOWN is really a Budget Gap of 90 Billion a month using Treasury data.

Riddle me this...............................

If the Treasury Dept. data is saying 290 Billion a month in outlays counting Interest payments. Then why is it that the bill allocates 987 Billion to fund through December...................................

It should be only 580 Billion. Why is that....................................

I know why, but reserve my response to see if any posters know why. Thus the riddle.

Another point this morning. Why only the temp fix..................

Why did they pick to only pay until December instead of for a year.........................

Hmmmmmmmmmmm............

Let's look into the Crooks and Liars playbook to see how this plays out. The next budget battle will be for a year in this staged act so the Gov't will be funded until after the elections. Right out of their BS playbook.

So they don't let the public see the next battle until after the vote.

Typical politics from those who don't want their asses handed to them by having a budget battle during elections.

Same speeches as always, saying we are tired of temporary measures as both sides blame each other for not having the guts to fund the Gov't for a year.

That's our gift from the gov't for Christmas as they play the Christmas Break into how they are having to stay on in Washington because of the Ceiling again because they are nobel and all that standard BS.

This will occur in December. Right our of the STAGE PLAY GOING ON NOW AS ALWAYS.

Presidential Debate Prep: Understanding Obamacare's $716 Billion in Cuts to Medicare | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News Blog from The Heritage Foundation

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Obamacare cuts 716 Billion in Medicare over 10 years.............Robbing Peter to pay Paul. But that's OK, it's a NEW REVENUE to pay for the ACA and a SAVINGS TO BOOT Anybody remember that shit.................................................................

Holy shit batman. Obamacare cuts will be 59.6 BILLION A MONTH...............................

Federal Debt a Month............90 Billion......................

No Obamacare and maintain the STOLEN FUNDS CUTS................Monthly debt down to 30 BILLION...

Flat Tax at 15%. Increase of 250 Billion a year proved on a previous thread 20 Billion a month increased revenues...........................monthly debt to 10 BILLION................

Freeze Future spending for the Rest..............................

SURPLUS REVENUE

With money now available to pay down the debt and end the 50 BILLION A MONTH INTEREST PAYMENTS. NO MORE DEBT CEILING DEBATES.

BUT WE CAN'T PAY THE DEBT PEOPLE......................

It's impossble...................

No way.........................

UTTER BS.....................

Last edited:
I'll continue.............whether you like it or not, ignore it or not......................

50 Billion a year to foreign countries that we have to borrow to give..............

4 BILLION A MONTH IN SAVINGS.

Studies: Iraq a $12 billion-a-month war - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - Conflict in Iraq | NBC News

Get out of Iraq. 12 BILLION A MONTH...............

Coburn Releases Annual Report Highlighting Some of the Most Wasteful Government Spending in 2012 - Press Releases - Tom Coburn, M.D., United States Senator from Oklahoma

End Wastebook spending.............

1.5 BILLION A MONTH......................

Farm Program Pays $1.3 Billion to People Who Don't Farm

Let's pay farmers not to farm

1.4 Billion roughly a month.............

GET THE POINT..............

Studies: Iraq a $12 billion-a-month war - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - Conflict in Iraq | NBC News

We are out of Iraq...

That source is from 2008 btw

We are out of Iraq...

That source is from 2008 btw

Yep, I need more coffee this morning. I stand corrected, but you probably get my point.

Estimated War-Related Costs, Iraq and Afghanistan | Infoplease.com

Correction noted.............. 8.7 Billion a month by 2012 data.

Reduce my original estimate by a little over 3 Billion a month...............

You get my point, and thanks for the correction.

US Federal Budget Revenue Estimate vs. Actual for FY2012 - Charts

200 Billion a month in Revenues using 2012 data.

Roughly 90 Billion a month GAP in revenue versus debt.

Of which 50 Billion a month on Interest payments.

So the So CALLED SHUT DOWN is really a Budget Gap of 90 Billion a month using Treasury data.

Riddle me this...............................

If the Treasury Dept. data is saying 290 Billion a month in outlays counting Interest payments. Then why is it that the bill allocates 987 Billion to fund through December...................................

It should be only 580 Billion. Why is that....................................

I know why, but reserve my response to see if any posters know why. Thus the riddle.
To restock the federal pensions they have been raiding to keep from having to make more cuts or borrow past the limit?

Respectfully, sir, you cannot handle the truth. Cruz's plan if flawed. I listened to him yesterday onrush. He criticized his fellow GOP senators for doing what they are doing. He was true to his principles, he should be voting to not bring it to debate, to not close cloture, to not give an inch.

You fools have ruined a Republican Party. It will take a generation to repair the damage.

Go back and figure out what is going on before you lecture others and expose your lack of understanding.

It's not the tea party or conservatism that has destroyed the Republican Party.

The blame for the demise of the party can be laid directly at the feet of the likes of McCain and Graham and others who truly believe they are Senators from Rome.

Above the fray. To be idolized. To live the dream life of wine and roses inside the beltway. Making back room deals.

Organizing the Gang of Eight who ruthlessy ruled the Senate for years leaving other representatives of the people out in the cold.

I could go on. The list is endless.

What the Republican Party is experiencing now is what we had up here in the 90's where the Progressive Conservatives didn't even care about winning the country as a whole, but only cared about winning their own elections so that they could return to the high life and glamour of Ottawa and 24 Sussex.

We finally flushed them. :eusa_angel:

Wandered in the wilderness for many a year, but now we have the majority and despite all the dire prediction of what would happen with the new conservative party the country is running wonderfully.

I know the mantra well on how "the evil conservatives will be Nazis" routine. It's all bullshit and fear mongering.

The RINO's all need to be thrown out just like we threw out our Progressive Conservatives because all they represent is the old way of doing business.

Inside the beltway politicians instead of being public servants.

yep. we may envy you with "white" envy. That was a good job your conservatives did.

Even the Republicans agree with me. He's a nut

Republican senator joins with Democrats to protest Cruz tactics - First Read

Republicans joined with Democrats late Thursday in a rare expression of angst at Sen. Ted Cruz for delaying a vote on legislation to keep the government funded past Monday.

I can't find the word nut kidrocks. Maybe you can point out to me where Senator Corker called Cruz a nut.

And after days of behind-the-scenes grumbling, Republican frustration toward their conservative colleagues went public. Republican Sen. Bob Corker, Tenn., joined with Democrats to criticize the delay as needless.

Corker said GOP leaders in the House had told him “they would like to get the piece of legislation over there from the Senate as quickly as possible so they can respond.”

Corker went so far as to suggest that Cruz – who received bountiful media coverage for his 21-hour speech against Obamacare – was only delaying the vote because he had already advised outside conservative groups that the key vote would come Friday, and he wished to put on a “show” for them.

“It's not the Republican side that's asking to stall -- we only have two Republican senators who are asking to push this off,” Corker said

Even the Republicans agree with me. He's a nut

Republicans joined with Democrats late Thursday in a rare expression of angst at Sen. Ted Cruz for delaying a vote on legislation to keep the government funded past Monday.

I can't find the word nut kidrocks. Maybe you can point out to me where Senator Corker called Cruz a nut.

And after days of behind-the-scenes grumbling, Republican frustration toward their conservative colleagues went public. Republican Sen. Bob Corker, Tenn., joined with Democrats to criticize the delay as needless.

Corker said GOP leaders in the House had told him “they would like to get the piece of legislation over there from the Senate as quickly as possible so they can respond.”

Corker went so far as to suggest that Cruz – who received bountiful media coverage for his 21-hour speech against Obamacare – was only delaying the vote because he had already advised outside conservative groups that the key vote would come Friday, and he wished to put on a “show” for them.

“It's not the Republican side that's asking to stall -- we only have two Republican senators who are asking to push this off,” Corker said

Read between the lines sister. Get real.

Last edited:
Respectfully, sir, you cannot handle the truth. Cruz's plan if flawed. I listened to him yesterday onrush. He criticized his fellow GOP senators for doing what they are doing. He was true to his principles, he should be voting to not bring it to debate, to not close cloture, to not give an inch.

You fools have ruined a Republican Party. It will take a generation to repair the damage.

Go back and figure out what is going on before you lecture others and expose your lack of understanding.

It's not the tea party or conservatism that has destroyed the Republican Party.

The blame for the demise of the party can be laid directly at the feet of the likes of McCain and Graham and others who truly believe they are Senators from Rome.

Above the fray. To be idolized. To live the dream life of wine and roses inside the beltway. Making back room deals.

Organizing the Gang of Eight who ruthlessy ruled the Senate for years leaving other representatives of the people out in the cold.

I could go on. The list is endless.

What the Republican Party is experiencing now is what we had up here in the 90's where the Progressive Conservatives didn't even care about winning the country as a whole, but only cared about winning their own elections so that they could return to the high life and glamour of Ottawa and 24 Sussex.

We finally flushed them. :eusa_angel:

Wandered in the wilderness for many a year, but now we have the majority and despite all the dire prediction of what would happen with the new conservative party the country is running wonderfully.

I know the mantra well on how "the evil conservatives will be Nazis" routine. It's all bullshit and fear mongering.

The RINO's all need to be thrown out just like we threw out our Progressive Conservatives because all they represent is the old way of doing business.

Inside the beltway politicians instead of being public servants.

yep. we may envy you with "white" envy. That was a good job your conservatives did.

It wasn't without heartache. Many progressive conservatives that were left behind were good and decent souls who had just drifted over the years to a position of middle of the road, standing for nothing, and too easily swayed by their friends in the Liberal Party.

And that scenario does happen in Ottawa, in Washington, in London and many other "inside the beltway" locations for governments world wide because politicians become centered around their workplace and their workplace friends (and that's what it truly is), instead of being centered on being a public servant loyal to their constituents.

But we had reached a point with the Progressive Conservatives that they were so concerned about keeping their own seats and returning to Ottawa that they were trading off federal parliamentary seats with the liberals.

They actually made deals that they would not run a Progressive Conservative against a Liberal in a riding, if the Liberals would not run against a Progressive Conservative in another riding.

It was really that vile. One day I'll have to put up a thread in the Canada forum to explain the how and why of it all.

I'll tell you though. The fight was worth it.

:eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back