Surprise! Cruz votes with Democrats after trying to block spending plan

im enjoying the spin here. On the right Cruz is a master genius and on the left he folded and voted yes anyways.

The reality is in the middle. He folded slightly while still giving himself enough wiggle room to say he didnt vote to fund obamacare.

So he is trying to cover his bases in case X happens he can come out on top.

Good grief. Another lib that doesn't know how your government works. It's a vote on a motion to freaking proceed.

The first vote we are going to take on this is a vote on what is called cloture on the motion to proceed.

Very few people not on this floor have any idea what that means and even, I suspect, a fair number of people on this floor are not quite sure what that means.

That will simply be a vote whether to take up this bill and to begin debating this bill.

I expect that vote to pass overwhelmingly, if not unanimously. Everyone agrees we ought to take this up, we ought to start this conversation.

TRANSCRIPT: Sen. Ted Cruz's filibuster against Obamacare | The Washington Post

Proceed? Yes, proceed to it's demise. No matter how you wing-nuts slice it... Obamacare survives! Period!

The reason we "spin it into a win" is because bed wetters like you insist he "made a fool of himself".

When a republicrat draws vitriol from a bed wetter, he's doing something right.
Snap out of your RW stupor Pete.

It wasn't Democrats that hammered Cruz...it was REPUBLICANS!!

Chris Wallace: GOP Sent Fox Opposition Research on Ted Cruz | Mediaite

Of course we know that the RINO's are out for him. This dirty backstabbing by sending Wallace garbage is just the latest in the RINO war on Cruz.

Sheesh.

QFT... McCain was routing for Obama care again today.

You don't seem to understand whatsoever that the Senate and the Senate floor belong to the American people.

Cruz has a right to represent his constituents, live up to his campaign promise and speak on behalf of his constituents against Obamacare.

Pray tell, who do you think owns the Senate? You obviously don't think Cruz had the right to make his case.

So let us in on who really owns the Senate if not the American people.

I'm sorry, but I don't pay Cruz's salary so that he can filibuster for almost 24 hours so that he can then vote "yes" on the very bill he was filibustering, just days before we have a partial govt. shutdown and 3 weeks before we have a debt default!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't you Tea Baggers get it?????????????????

this isn't a damn game!!!

You have absolutely no f*cking clue as to what is happening here do you? You and the rest of the lefts ignorance is what is keeping us in this place.

Cruz did what he accused his fellow GOP senators, on Rush, were going to do.

What a hypocrite.

You have absolutely no f*cking clue as to what is happening here do you? You and the rest of the lefts ignorance is what is keeping us in this place.

Oh, I see exactly what's happening here.

My eyes and ears are wide open.

Mr. Cruz just started his Presidential campaign, free of charge, by wasting almost 24 hours of the Peoples' time.

worse, he is likely to prevent a CR that funds or even partially funds ObamaCare, and he is likely to prevent an increase in the debt ceiling without irresponsible budget cuts.

he is a legislative terrorist.

Mr. Cruz just started his Presidential campaign, free of charge, by wasting almost 24 hours of the Peoples' time.

worse, he is likely to prevent a CR that funds or even partially funds ObamaCare, and he is likely to prevent an increase in the debt ceiling without irresponsible budget cuts.

^ that

Wow, that was pathetic. Pretty much proved you have no idea what you're talking about.

Snap out of your RW stupor Pete.

It wasn't Democrats that hammered Cruz...it was REPUBLICANS!!

Chris Wallace: GOP Sent Fox Opposition Research on Ted Cruz | Mediaite

Of course we know that the RINO's are out for him. This dirty backstabbing by sending Wallace garbage is just the latest in the RINO war on Cruz.

Sheesh.

McCain represents the conservatives on this one. It's about time they disassociate from the teaparty. Wth, are you people men or mice lol? You believe you're letting the TP take the heat while pushing conservative agenda but you are in reality allowing them to make conservatives look weak.

Maybe this is what we need to finally get all cons back in the minority where they belong. Take your civil war and go. This is fool hearty.

We have the winner for dumbest post of the thread.

Doing the job he said he would do to his consitutients is not legislative terrorism. In fact there is NO SUCH THING as legislative terrorism, its a made up progressive boogey man, like assault weapon.

Sheesh.

McCain represents the conservatives on this one. It's about time they disassociate from the teaparty. Wth, are you people men or mice lol? You believe you're letting the TP take the heat while pushing conservative agenda but you are in reality allowing them to make conservatives look weak.

Maybe this is what we need to finally get all cons back in the minority where they belong. Take your civil war and go. This is fool hearty.

Uhmm hello, McFly.... Cons are in the minority. What planet do you live on?

You have pegged Cruz just right: fool.

I was talking to you fool.

You support an elitist hypocrite, who criticized everyone else for what they were going to do, and then he did it himself.

He is another Joe McCarthy.

Respectfully, Jake, you are making a fool of yourself. Cruz' protest/plan is to vote no in the cloture vote for the bill, not vote no in the vote to bring the bill to debate, nor vote no in the vote for bill that includes the defending of Obama care. The cloture vote has not happened yet. But here you are either clueless, or claiming that you can see into the future and he has changed his vote for cloture.

Respectfully, sir, you cannot handle the truth. Cruz's plan if flawed. I listened to him yesterday onrush. He criticized his fellow GOP senators for doing what they are doing. He was true to his principles, he should be voting to not bring it to debate, to not close cloture, to not give an inch.

You fools have ruined a Republican Party. It will take a generation to repair the damage.

Go back and figure out what is going on before you lecture others and expose your lack of understanding.

You have pegged Cruz just right: fool.

You support an elitist hypocrite, who criticized everyone else for what they were going to do, and then he did it himself.

He is another Joe McCarthy.

Seriously Jake I thought you understood what this vote was about. It is to move the debate forward.

Tell me you knew that before you started your smarmy line of attack?

And by the way, despite his killer resume he's not an elitist. This latest line of bullshit is based on one former roomate's comments.

Tell you what. Why don't you give me a list of all your former college friends and former roomates and I'll interview them.

I can guarantee you I can find one person or two that thought you were a jerk or a prick or an asshole.

Now I'm not calling you those names.

I'm trying to point out that 20 or 30 or 40 years later one can always without fail find someone in anyone's past who disliked them and would be willing to trash them out.

Respectfully, sir, you cannot handle the truth. Cruz's plan if flawed. I listened to him yesterday onrush. He criticized his fellow GOP senators for doing what they are doing. He was true to his principles, he should be voting to not bring it to debate, to not close cloture, to not give an inch.

You fools have ruined a Republican Party. It will take a generation to repair the damage.

Go back and figure out what is going on before you lecture others and expose your lack of understanding.

Every senator voted to bring the budget bill to debate. Every single one. You sir, are mental midget.

Uhmm hello, McFly.... Cons are in the minority. What planet do you live on?

The Cons in the House are now in the minority because they gave their power away to the Teaparty. Democrats have had to fight shady obstruction schemes since Obama took the presidency. He's overcome this; however, you don't seem to understand much other than balancing yourself on the fence taking potshots at everyone so that you can seem right all the time.

McFly is an archaic term, sort of like most of your idiotic posts here.

Please. :cuckoo:

This Ted Cruz guy is seriously batshit crazy. Why don't he just outright tell the troops "fuck yall and yall IOU paychecks, defunding Obamacare is more important than troops getting paid." It will all back fire.

Forum List

Back