Surprise! Cruz votes with Democrats after trying to block spending plan

im enjoying the spin here. On the right Cruz is a master genius and on the left he folded and voted yes anyways.

The reality is in the middle. He folded slightly while still giving himself enough wiggle room to say he didnt vote to fund obamacare.

So he is trying to cover his bases in case X happens he can come out on top.

im enjoying the spin here. On the right Cruz is a master genius and on the left he folded and voted yes anyways.

The reality is in the middle. He folded slightly while still giving himself enough wiggle room to say he didnt vote to fund obamacare.

I don't even know the details but I'm going to go with this one as being the most right. It rings more true than "He folded" vs "He's a gawd!"

Obamacare survives!

Surprise! Cruz votes with Democrats after bid to block spending plan - CNN.com

Washington (CNN) -- He spent more than 21 straight hours railing against any government funding for Obamacare. Then Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas joined the other 99 senators from both parties in voting Wednesday to move ahead on a spending plan expected to do just that.

The rare 100-0 vote on a procedural step means the spending measure needed to avoid a partial government shutdown next week now can be amended by Senate Democrats to restore funding for President Barack Obama's signature health care reforms that had been eliminated last week by House Republicans.

You are that stupid.

I used to think you were not that stupid.

I don't even know the details but I'm going to go with this one as being the most right. It rings more true than "He folded" vs "He's a gawd!"

well if i am right Cruz is thinking this: He can't outright vote no. He will lose. Sure he will keep his promise, but it would end up being meaningless. So he votes yes to amend aspects of Obamacare. This way he can still claim he can stop obamacare, but not look like a total ass if he just voted no. So he puts on a show for 21 hours about " stuff" and then votes to amend, which most likely was his plan for awhile now.
So now people that support him can say he fought the good fight, and never backed down. While in reality this was all planned out ahead of time.

Im not saying he is wrong in how he planned things. Everyone does it honestly.

meanwhile you have tools claiming this man is awesome for doing something very basic. Then you have tools saying he folded and his word is shit.

Nope.

congrats

You know, there are large rooms where people of like minds meet and agree on something called...

STRATEGY.

Has it occurred to any of you bed wetters that the republicrats have intentionally appeared "fractured"? All of your media stories have ignored EVERYTHING about obozocare, and focused on the "republicrat civil war". Has it occurred to you assholes that the republicrats know they can't stop anything at this point and are going to let this obortion come to full term?

Then you bed wetters will be insisting the reason it's failing miserably is because of "tea party anarchist sabotage"?

The 2014 elections really can't come fast enough.

I can't believe he had you fooled for a second.

I can't believe the RWers of USMB are such blatant JACKASSES.

Cruz basically made the biggest fool of himself in the last day than any time in history.

How this can be spun into a "win" in the minds of far RW radicals is just stunning.

WoW!!

Cruz basically made the biggest fool of himself in the last day than any time in history.

How this can be spun into a "win" in the minds of far RW radicals is just stunning.

WoW!!

How people like you manage to take a piss without republican money... oh never mind. Sorry to bring up where your food comes from you ungrateful coward.

Cruz has spent all this time bashing Obama Care, to turn around and vote for it.

How is that a win in your book?

What are you...EFFING retarded!?!?

Cruz has spent all this time bashing Obama Care, to turn around and vote for it.

He voted for a version of the bill that does not fund Obama Care. What are you stupid?

He voted for a version of the bill that does not fund Obama Care. What are you stupid?
OK, you're right.

I guess that means he wins then.

:rolleyes:

We'll see what happens... the senate leader may remove it... the vote for the version without it has to pass.. then to the house to vote for that version.

I would prefer if the house just shuts the government down, or if the Senate republicans would stand together with a pair to stand up against our Emperor. But it does not appear the rhinos have the backbone for that. This or they prefer the government to continue to grow and grow and grow and redistribute money to lazy people like you.

I can't believe he had you fooled for a second.

You nailed me...I was trying to be nice for a change...

WoW!!

The reason we "spin it into a win" is because bed wetters like you insist he "made a fool of himself".

When a republicrat draws vitriol from a bed wetter, he's doing something right.

Obamacare survives!

Washington (CNN) -- He spent more than 21 straight hours railing against any government funding for Obamacare. Then Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas joined the other 99 senators from both parties in voting Wednesday to move ahead on a spending plan expected to do just that.

The rare 100-0 vote on a procedural step means the spending measure needed to avoid a partial government shutdown next week now can be amended by Senate Democrats to restore funding for President Barack Obama's signature health care reforms that had been eliminated last week by House Republicans.

Its a vote to allow amendments dumbass, on the original plan from the house. If the senate returns the Obamabust funding, then he will assuredly vote against it.

You progressive idiots have to lie ALL THE DAMN TIME.

Thats because very few people a) read, b) will educate themselves on the senate rules....c) and cruz is like any politician, hes looking to drum up support ahead of 2016, this always meant to be, d) IF Reid wanted to, becasue this is a budget bill, he could invoke the reconciliation rule, which closes debate on the BILL itself, anyway, automatically after 20 hours of debate avoiding a cloture vote, so this was all preordained, there-by the bill is going to come up for an up or down vote no matter what, based on a 51 vote threshold. e) of course if the bill is changed, then the house gets another hack at it......

Obamacare survives!

All of the Republicans and Democrats voted to NOT shut down the government. The spending bill Cruz voted to go forward with did not have any Obamacare funding in it. So, as usual, CNN got it wrong and you fell for it.

Forum List

Back