Trump's Project 2025, the Republican plan to govern America, laid bare!

That didn't happen.
What didn't happen? Do a search for threads I started. It's in 2016 and has the word Hillary in the title. I said you guys would overturn Roe and you guys said "you're just fear mongering".

You probably don't even know it but I do. Republicans/Supreme Courts ultimate goal is to ban abortion on a federal level. But they can't do it right away. They have to use a few previous cases as precedent to make their case. So they take on lower court cases, and use them as precedent to.....

Already, because of trigger laws put in place before the ruling, abortion is now outlawed in many states automatically or through state action following the decision. In addition, Justice Clarence Thomas wrote that certain other landmark rulings should be reconsidered, including established rights to contraception access, same-sex relationships, and same-sex marriage.

The only alternative to abortion is childbirth, which has a 14 times higher risk of death than that abortion. So, in denying a person access to a wanted abortion, states are forcing people to assume significant medical risk against their will. A recent study out of Colorado ominously predicts a significant rise in the maternal mortality rate, especially among Black women who already experience an unacceptably high rate of death in childbearing.

Trump's Project 2025 is a fascinating document. I will speculate that never in the history of our country has a political party published a complete, thorough playbook of their vision to seize and control our government. I will not say that I've read the complete tome, but I have read the preamble and enough of it's policy statements and methods to realize it's sinister motives. Trump denies any involvement, but you would have to have been on Mars for the last 9 years to believe that.

It reminds one of Hitler's missive, "Mein Kampf," though Project 2025 is much more comprehensive and detailed with its goals.

From foreign relations to the economy, education, government employees, abortion, the general welfare, regulations and much more, if this thing takes effect, we are doomed as a nation.

Along with Trump's stated plan on day one, his re institution of Schedule F, eliminating government civil service workers and replacing them with political appointees, his election to the presidency will doom the nation to a monarchy. His next project will probably be to amend the Constitution to cement his position as leader for the rest of his life.

He has already told his Christian cult members that they won't have to vote again after 2024. Do you think he was just whistling Dixie when he said that? If so, think again.

Fucking liar.

It spells out the Republican agenda that was previously unspoken
Turn the Federal Government into a partisan agent
Put DOJ reporting to President
Ban medical abortion nationwide
Stop investment in alternative fuels
Stop schools from assisting gays/trans

The Supreme Court's 2022 decision to overturn Roe v. Wade ended the constitutional right to abortion in the United States, which has led to an ongoing debate about the legality of abortion. The 1973 Roe v. Wade ruling decriminalized abortion nationwide and protected the right to access abortion legally. The debate that followed the decision includes questions about who should decide the legality of abortion, the role of religious and moral views in politics, and the methods the Supreme Court should use in constitutional adjudication.

Trust me, the Supreme Court is ready to rule that abortion is unconstitutional.

It spells out the Republican agenda that was previously unspoken
Turn the Federal Government into a partisan agent
Put DOJ reporting to President
Ban medical abortion nationwide
Stop investment in alternative fuels
Stop schools from assisting gays/trans
Post the exact excerpts and explain how they are overturning or taking control of government or you're just parroting dishonest Democrat propaganda.

Post the exact excerpts and explain how they are overturning or taking control of government or you're just parroting dishonest Democrat propaganda.

Project 2025 proposes that the entire federal bureaucracy, including independent agencies such as the Department of Justice, be placed under direct presidential control - a controversial idea known as "unitary executive theory".

In practice, that would streamline decision-making, allowing the president to directly implement policies in a number of areas.

The proposals also call for eliminating job protections for thousands of government employees, who could then be replaced by political appointees.

The document labels the FBI a "bloated, arrogant, increasingly lawless organization". It calls for drastic overhauls of this and several other federal agencies, as well as the complete elimination of the Department of Education.

Project 2025 proposes that the entire federal bureaucracy, including independent agencies such as the Department of Justice, be placed under direct presidential control - a controversial idea known as "unitary executive theory".

In practice, that would streamline decision-making, allowing the president to directly implement policies in a number of areas.

The proposals also call for eliminating job protections for thousands of government employees, who could then be replaced by political appointees.

The document labels the FBI a "bloated, arrogant, increasingly lawless organization". It calls for drastic overhauls of this and several other federal agencies, as well as the complete elimination of the Department of Education.
Post the relevant paragraphs in full context please of Project 2025 that supports your propaganda please. Or else you're still parroting the dishonest Democrat propaganda that wants people to believe Project 2025 is somehow evil.

I don't know what Old Flame thinks about that but I know for a fact the Constitution gives the federal government zero authority over abortion.

I've read the Constitution, cover to cover, several times since I was in grade school, and the word "abortion" does not appear in it a single time!

But you can't read a day of USMB posts without seeing at least one lying statement about how unconstitutional abortion bans are.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....................

I don't know what Old Flame thinks about that but I know for a fact the Constitution gives the federal government zero authority over abortion.
I think that will be the Supreme's justification. It's unconstitutional because you are depriving an American of life, liberty and the persuit of happiness.

You see, they can spin it so anything they don't like is unconstitutional and anything they like is. For example, it's clearly unconstitutional to deny gays the right to marry. But there are right wing Supreme's who's goals are to overturn gay marriage.

Abortion and family​

Project 2025 does not call outright for a nationwide abortion ban.
However, it proposes withdrawing the abortion pill mifepristone from the market, and using existing but little-enforced laws to stop the drug being sent through the post.
The document suggests that the department of Health and Human Services should "maintain a biblically based, social science-reinforced definition of marriage and family".

And who in government is going to implement that? No one, period.

Republicans are still trying to ban the abortion pill, prosecute people who help a woman travel out of state for an abortion

I think that will be the Supreme's justification. It's unconstitutional because you are depriving an American of life, liberty and the persuit of happiness.

You see, they can spin it so anything they don't like is unconstitutional and anything they like is. For example, it's clearly unconstitutional to deny gays the right to marry. But there are right wing Supreme's who's goals are to overturn gay marriage.
There are people on both sides of the aisle that hold one or two unAmerican views that they have the moral authority to not only judge but control other people's choices on things.

But there is a practical aspect too and a moral, just society has to consider it.

Gay marriage is not a traditional, historical, Biblical, or other religious definition of marriage that has ALWAYS defined marriage as a legal union between a man and woman. It was not until gay people started demanding not only equal rights but the same definitions, terminology, etc. as everybody else that we started running into problems. They were not satisfied with a same sex union with the same necessary benefits as marriage but defined differently. They wanted the WORD! And thereby changed it into something it has never been and was never intended to be and weakened the protections it once afforded to both adults and children.

As for abortion the issue is not whether a woman has the right to choose for her own body but whether she has a moral and/or legal responsibility for a human life developing in her womb. In that case it is not just her life that is important to those who believe ALL life is to be protected.

Are children to be protected and defended by a moral society until they are of an age they can protect and defend themselves? Those who believe that will push back hard on those who think they have the right to do life changing and irreversible surgery on children or pump them full of dangerous blockers and hormones, most especially when they do it without knowledge and/or consent of the parents. Some even think children should be take away from parents who won't agree to transgender their kids.

No simple answers to these things when people are so firm in their beliefs on both sides. But a moral society will work out what that society can accept as just, moral, ethical, reasonable, profitable etc.

Dictators demand their their opinion is the only one that counts.

Forum List

Back