Surprise! Cruz votes with Democrats after trying to block spending plan

McCain represents the conservatives on this one. It's about time they disassociate from the teaparty. Wth, are you people men or mice lol? You believe you're letting the TP take the heat while pushing conservative agenda but you are in reality allowing them to make conservatives look weak.

Maybe this is what we need to finally get all cons back in the minority where they belong. Take your civil war and go. This is fool hearty.

Uhmm hello, McFly.... Cons are in the minority. What planet do you live on?

The Cons in the House are now in the minority because they gave their power away to the Teaparty. Democrats have had to fight shady obstruction schemes since Obama took the presidency. He's overcome this; however, you don't seem to understand much other than balancing yourself on the fence taking potshots at everyone so that you can seem right all the time.

McFly is an archaic term, sort of like most of your idiotic posts here.

Please. :cuckoo:

What is wrong with you? What has turned you into this evil person?

The Cons in the House are now in the minority because they gave their power away to the Teaparty. Democrats have had to fight shady obstruction schemes since Obama took the presidency. He's overcome this; however, you don't seem to understand much other than balancing yourself on the fence taking potshots at everyone so that you can seem right all the time.

Arguing with you batshit crazies is no use, you asswipes will keep praising Cruz for pulling this shit, cheer more when the govt gets shut down, then whine when people go to the polls and vote out the Tea Bastards and claim that everybody who voted them out are in an entitlement culture, no, you Tea Bastard gods just fucked up.

Respectfully, sir, you cannot handle the truth. Cruz's plan if flawed. I listened to him yesterday onrush. He criticized his fellow GOP senators for doing what they are doing. He was true to his principles, he should be voting to not bring it to debate, to not close cloture, to not give an inch.

You fools have ruined a Republican Party. It will take a generation to repair the damage.

Go back and figure out what is going on before you lecture others and expose your lack of understanding.

It's not the tea party or conservatism that has destroyed the Republican Party.

The blame for the demise of the party can be laid directly at the feet of the likes of McCain and Graham and others who truly believe they are Senators from Rome.

Above the fray. To be idolized. To live the dream life of wine and roses inside the beltway. Making back room deals.

Organizing the Gang of Eight who ruthlessy ruled the Senate for years leaving other representatives of the people out in the cold.

I could go on. The list is endless.

What the Republican Party is experiencing now is what we had up here in the 90's where the Progressive Conservatives didn't even care about winning the country as a whole, but only cared about winning their own elections so that they could return to the high life and glamour of Ottawa and 24 Sussex.

We finally flushed them. :eusa_angel:

Wandered in the wilderness for many a year, but now we have the majority and despite all the dire prediction of what would happen with the new conservative party the country is running wonderfully.

I know the mantra well on how "the evil conservatives will be Nazis" routine. It's all bullshit and fear mongering.

The RINO's all need to be thrown out just like we threw out our Progressive Conservatives because all they represent is the old way of doing business.

Inside the beltway politicians instead of being public servants.

Last edited:
Respectfully, sir, you cannot handle the truth. Cruz's plan if flawed. I listened to him yesterday onrush. He criticized his fellow GOP senators for doing what they are doing. He was true to his principles, he should be voting to not bring it to debate, to not close cloture, to not give an inch.

You fools have ruined a Republican Party. It will take a generation to repair the damage.

Go back and figure out what is going on before you lecture others and expose your lack of understanding.

The blame for the demise of the party can be laid directly at the feet of the likes of McCain and Graham and others who truly believe they are Senators from Rome.

Above the fray. To be idolized. To live the dream life of wine and roses inside the beltway. Making back room deals.

Organizing the Gang of Eight who ruthless ruled the Senate for years leaving other representatives of the people out in the cold.

What the Republican Party is experiencing now is what we had up here in the 90's where the Progressive Conservatives didn't even care about winning the country as a whole, but only cared about winning their own elections so that they could return to the high life and glamour of Ottawa and 24 Sussex.

Wandered in the wilderness for many a year, but now we have the majority and despite all the dire prediction of what would happen with the new conservative party the country is running wonderfully.

I know the mantra well on how "the evil conservatives will be Nazis" routine. It's all bullshit and fear mongering.

The RINO's all need to be thrown out just like we threw out our Progressive Conservatives because all they represent is the old way of doing business.

Typical blame everything on the RINOS far right bullshit^^^

I was talking to you fool.

You support an elitist hypocrite, who criticized everyone else for what they were going to do, and then he did it himself.

He is another Joe McCarthy.

Respectfully, Jake, you are making a fool of yourself. Cruz' protest/plan is to vote no in the cloture vote for the bill, not vote no in the vote to bring the bill to debate, nor vote no in the vote for bill that includes the defending of Obama care. The cloture vote has not happened yet. But here you are either clueless, or claiming that you can see into the future and he has changed his vote for cloture.

That's what I was wondering.
Many are having a fit that Cruz as well as all of the Senators voted on cloture Wednesday in order to debate for 30 hours on the defunding of the Health Care Bill.

The Senate continues today (Thursday) on the debate on the Continuing Resolution which will temporarily fund the government beyond the September 30 deadline, which is when the fiscal year ends. The Senate is debating the House measure which funds the federal government at current sequester levels of $986.3 billion through December 15 and defunds the Affordable Care Act (ACA).

Then they will vote on Friday for cloture. This is the one that Senator Cruz and Republicans will vote no or yes on. Sen. Cruz will vote no on this one.

Under Senate rules, the next cloture vote is set occur no later than an hour after the Senate comes in on Friday morning. The timing of this vote can happen sooner if there’s unanimous consent to do so. IF cloture is invoked (requires 60 votes), there would be another 30 hours of post-cloture debate which could push into Saturday if all time is used. When all the time expires or is yielded back, the Senate will vote on any points of order that are raised, vote on Sen. Reid’s substitute amendment followed by a vote on final passage of the CR, as amended.

Last edited:
This Ted Cruz guy is seriously batshit crazy. Why don't he just outright tell the troops "fuck yall and yall IOU paychecks, defunding Obamacare is more important than troops getting paid." It will all back fire.

:lol:

The honorable Senator Cruz took to the floor of the Senate and fulfilled a campaign promise that he made to his constituents.

To attempt to derail Obamacare by moving heaven and earth.

He is a public servant who actually came thru for the people who sent him to Washington.

Fuck you that you don't like his position. People voted for him and he represented them on the floor a couple of nights ago.

Organizing the Gang of Eight who ruthless ruled the Senate for years leaving other representatives of the people out in the cold.

Typical blame everything on the RINOS far right bullshit^^^

Ah a truly ignorant poster. History is your friend.

How did the Tea Party cause the Republicans to lose everything in 2006?

Please. I can't wait for your response.

How did the House gain so many seats in 2010 in such a truly monumental kick ass win?

I look forward to your reply.

You support an elitist hypocrite, who criticized everyone else for what they were going to do, and then he did it himself.

He is another Joe McCarthy.

Respectfully, Jake, you are making a fool of yourself. Cruz' protest/plan is to vote no in the cloture vote for the bill, not vote no in the vote to bring the bill to debate, nor vote no in the vote for bill that includes the defending of Obama care. The cloture vote has not happened yet. But here you are either clueless, or claiming that you can see into the future and he has changed his vote for cloture.

That's what I was wondering.
Many are having a fit that Cruz as well as all of the Senators voted on cloture Wednesday in order to debate for 30 hours on the defunding of the Health Care Bill.

The Senate continues today (Thursday) on the debate on the Continuing Resolution which will temporarily fund the government beyond the September 30 deadline, which is when the fiscal year ends. The Senate is debating the House measure which funds the federal government at current sequester levels of $986.3 billion through December 15 and defunds the Affordable Care Act (ACA).

Then they will vote on Friday for cloture. This is the one that Senator Cruz and Republicans will vote no or yes on. Sen. Cruz will vote no on this one.

Under Senate rules, the next cloture vote is set occur no later than an hour after the Senate comes in on Friday morning. The timing of this vote can happen sooner if there’s unanimous consent to do so. IF cloture is invoked (requires 60 votes), there would be another 30 hours of post-cloture debate which could push into Saturday if all time is used. When all the time expires or is yielded back, the Senate will vote on any points of order that are raised, vote on Sen. Reid’s substitute amendment followed by a vote on final passage of the CR, as amended.

I've truly been shocked at how many actually don't understand how their government works or even know the simplest of procedures to move a bill forward.

Why? Do you understand what he was doing on that floor for 21 hours at all?

Or why he voted yes now?

Okay...what vote was he "filibustering" exactly? Or more precise...what was the purpose of his talkathon other then listening to the same talking points we've all heard a 1,000 times already?

Remember that old fashioned thing called a "campaign promise"? That little thingamajig you make during a campaign?

Well Cruz had promised his constituents he would do everything in his power to attack and delay and attempt to derail Obamacare.

Now although you might not like his position, I for one admire any public servant and please note I am using public servant, on either side of the aisle who is willing to live up to his or her campaign promise to his or her voters.

It's altogether a rare moment in time in politics these days.
It is called a display of integrity.

The left won't get it.

Obamacare survives!

Surprise! Cruz votes with Democrats after bid to block spending plan - CNN.com

Washington (CNN) -- He spent more than 21 straight hours railing against any government funding for Obamacare. Then Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas joined the other 99 senators from both parties in voting Wednesday to move ahead on a spending plan expected to do just that.

The rare 100-0 vote on a procedural step means the spending measure needed to avoid a partial government shutdown next week now can be amended by Senate Democrats to restore funding for President Barack Obama's signature health care reforms that had been eliminated last week by House Republicans.

Its a vote to allow amendments dumbass, on the original plan from the house. If the senate returns the Obamabust funding, then he will assuredly vote against it.

You progressive idiots have to lie ALL THE DAMN TIME.

Yet liberals can't argue on merit, so they used slander and libel as their main weapons!

After a 20+ hour filabuster, I think voting not to bring ANYTHING to debate would be hypocritical.

Anyway, as long as Cruz has pissed off McCain, in my book he's accomplished something: The Republican Party needed to nail-down the coffin lid on that walking corpse after the 2008 election.

Try rereading your response to mine, McFly. It's pretty much all that is here anymore, personal attacks and insults. Used to be conversation but now, nothing much more than this.

Okay...what vote was he "filibustering" exactly? Or more precise...what was the purpose of his talkathon other then listening to the same talking points we've all heard a 1,000 times already?

Remember that old fashioned thing called a "campaign promise"? That little thingamajig you make during a campaign?

Well Cruz had promised his constituents he would do everything in his power to attack and delay and attempt to derail Obamacare.

Now although you might not like his position, I for one admire any public servant and please note I am using public servant, on either side of the aisle who is willing to live up to his or her campaign promise to his or her voters.

The left won't get it.

When did integrity mean promising people something you can't deliver, and blaming others when it becomes apparant you lied about the promise? I call that fraud.

The left won't get it.

When did integrity mean promising people something you can't deliver, and blaming others when it becomes apparant you lied about the promise? I call that fraud.

Where is the not delivering? He said he would fight against it, I dont see any evidence of him guaranteeing he would overturn it. And before you go there agreeing on allowing amendments and debate to the bill is not acceptance of the bill.

The left won't get it.

Where is the not delivering? He said he would fight against it, I dont see any evidence of him guaranteeing he would overturn it. And before you go there agreeing on allowing amendments and debate to the bill is not acceptance of the bill.

He promised people there was a chance to defund obamacare and urged them to call their gop reps. There was never a chance, and he knew it. He's a fraud, and he's getting called out by his own party. He sold you guys a load of bullcrap. And you bought it.

The left won't get it.

Oh, you mean like the promises that were made like this:

In the primary justification for the stimulus package, the Obama administration and Democratic proponents presented a graph in January 2009 showing the projected unemployment rate with and without the ARRA. The graph showed that if ARRA was not enacted the unemployment rate would exceed 9%; but if ARRA was enacted it would never exceed 8%. After ARRA became law, the actual unemployment rate exceeded 8% in February 2009, exceeded 9% in May 2009, and exceeded 10% in October 2009. The actual unemployment rate was 9.2% in June 2011 when it was projected to be below 7% with the ARRA.​

:clap2:

Fraud.

The left won't get it.

In the primary justification for the stimulus package, the Obama administration and Democratic proponents presented a graph in January 2009 showing the projected unemployment rate with and without the ARRA. The graph showed that if ARRA was not enacted the unemployment rate would exceed 9%; but if ARRA was enacted it would never exceed 8%. After ARRA became law, the actual unemployment rate exceeded 8% in February 2009, exceeded 9% in May 2009, and exceeded 10% in October 2009. The actual unemployment rate was 9.2% in June 2011 when it was projected to be below 7% with the ARRA.​

Fraud.

oh, bullshit. That's beneath you. Economic predictions are always wrong. Lying about what you can achieve politically is different. Jesus.

Fraud.

oh, bullshit. That's beneath you. Economic predictions are always wrong. Lying about what you can achieve politically is different. Jesus.

Gee, who would have expected you to give Obama's failed promises a pass.

:lol:

Forum List

Back