Surprise Factory Downturn Holds Back U.S. Growth: Economy

Oh please cut the partisan bullshit.
The days of manpower heavy manufacturing are OVER.
Highly skilled need only apply.

Stop voting for the party that thwarts the working class at every turn, why would you oppose this legislation?
Newsflash. Prosperity does not come from acts of government. Prosperity occurs when the private sector flourishes.
You did not respond to my post.
You simply fired back with a liberal talking point.
Rubbish.

Horse shit, private sector is flourishing just working people are being left behind and government can set rules and regulations that can help change that.

True. So what's your point?

Clinton dishonestly explained in a campaign rally for Barack Obama that it takes at least 8 years to 6 - 8 years to recovery from a downturn from an economic mess. So therefore, no one should really blame Obama for this anemic recovery we are having.

What Bill Clinton -- and this supposes economist -- doesn't seem to understand that it really doesn't take 8 - 10 years for an economy to recovery from a recession. Well, I suppose it does if we are using the Great Depression as our guide of how to cure an economic crisis, and not the Depression of 1920.

The Phil Gramm (R) derivative debacle was a world hit of $563 Trillion, $20 Trillion in the U.S.

Most middle class lost all or part of their IRA's.

How much were the wall street/bank bailouts? $50 Trillion?

The Housing crash, and we're not done yet.

Robo signing credit cards which continues today.

So what makes you think that it won't be 8-10 years.

I said it doesn't take recessions this long to self correct. It will now that the Government has done everything predictable in response to this economy crisis.

You can either learn from the Great Depression, or repeat it. All that is missing is amending the constitution so Obama can serve a third term.

Stop voting for the party that thwarts the working class at every turn, why would you oppose this legislation?
Newsflash. Prosperity does not come from acts of government. Prosperity occurs when the private sector flourishes.
Rubbish.

Horse shit, private sector is flourishing just working people are being left behind and government can set rules and regulations that can help change that.

Then the private sector isn't flushing.

Rubbish.

Private sector flourishes when given taxpayer subsidies.

IN the context of the claim you just made, define "subsidy"
Give factual examples with data.

Rubbish.

Define "working people"..
What are these so called working people falling behind?
And don't come back with some crap about comparative wages.

Rubbish.

Simple. Anytime the/a Government gives you a discount on taxes or offers a monetary/monetary worth incentive it's a subsidy.

-Your personal deduction is a subsidy.

-Offering a business incentives. Walmart is a great example. Free land, free building, no business taxes for seven years, keeping sales taxes collected for seven years.

Clinton dishonestly explained in a campaign rally for Barack Obama that it takes at least 8 years to 6 - 8 years to recovery from a downturn from an economic mess. So therefore, no one should really blame Obama for this anemic recovery we are having.

What Bill Clinton -- and this supposes economist -- doesn't seem to understand that it really doesn't take 8 - 10 years for an economy to recovery from a recession. Well, I suppose it does if we are using the Great Depression as our guide of how to cure an economic crisis, and not the Depression of 1920.

The Phil Gramm (R) derivative debacle was a world hit of $563 Trillion, $20 Trillion in the U.S.

I said it doesn't take recessions this long to self correct. It will now that the Government has done everything predictable in response to this economy crisis.

You can either learn from the Great Depression, or repeat it. All that is missing is amending the constitution so Obama can serve a third term.

It does when the recession is caused by gross fiscal irresponsibility by the Republicans.

Obama for a third term would be a great idea! Majority Democrat in Congress would be good!

It does when the recession is caused by gross fiscal irresponsibility by the Republicans.

History disagrees with you. Should be pretty easy to understand this, since the length of economic recessions is easy to find.

Obama for a third term would be a great idea! Majority Democrat in Congress would be good!

It would be great for the rich as well. Now the party on Wall Street will never end. I support.

Rubbish.

Big business can make a lot of money and still screw over the little guy, greed kind of plays out that way, we have multi billion dollar corporations cutting pay and benefits for its workforce and outsourcing work overseas as profits have been going up.

Rubbish.

Define "working people"..
What are these so called working people falling behind?
And don't come back with some crap about comparative wages.

Dont ask me a question and then tell me how to answer it, do some research google is your friend.

Big business can make a lot of money and still screw over the little guy, greed kind of plays out that way, we have multi billion dollar corporations cutting pay and benefits for its workforce and outsourcing work overseas as profits have been going up.

Corporations can make $1 million keeping jobs at home, while making $11 million building factories overseas. If corporations are as greedy as you suggest, then there is no reason they couldn't make $12 million to keep jobs home, while making jobs abroad.

There is a reason why these corporations don't keep these jobs in America. I'll let you in on what the reason is: It's because these jobs at home are losing money.

Corporations can make $1 million keeping jobs at home, while making $11 million building factories overseas. If corporations are as greedy as you suggest, then there is no reason they couldn't make $12 million to keep jobs home, while making jobs abroad.

There is a reason why these corporations don't keep these jobs in America. I'll let you in on what the reason is: It's because these jobs at home are losing money.

Bull, many very profitable companies have sent U.S. jobs overseas to squeeze out even more profit by being able to pay pennies on the dollar for cheap labor.

Simple. Anytime the/a Government gives you a discount on taxes or offers a monetary/monetary worth incentive it's a subsidy.

-Your personal deduction is a subsidy.

-Offering a business incentives. Walmart is a great example. Free land, free building, no business taxes for seven years, keeping sales taxes collected for seven years.

And?...
Look, you are mixing issues.
States and local government offer tax incentives to business in turn for the business to agree to locate in a certain place. That brings JOBS.
If one state turns its back, the business will simply go elsewhere.
You fling this word "subsidy" around. Tell ya what. You get no mileage from it
Here we are referring to taxes on individuals and you at a loss, decide to bring in tax incentives on business. Sheesh.
The deductions are not a "subsidy"..That would presuppose the notion that all income belongs to the government and the 'subsidy' is what they let us keep.
I have come to the conclusion that you are pissed off at some one. Or a group of people which whom you feel uncomfortable. Unable or unwilling to blame the very people in government who made the tax code, you lash out at those who use the tax code as it was intended.
That's irrational.
I don't do discussions with irrational people. Good bye.

Bull, many very profitable companies have sent U.S. jobs overseas to squeeze out even more profit by being able to pay pennies on the dollar for cheap labor.

Do you have data to support that claim?
Because I will tell you that manufacturing capacity is at historical levels.
US manufacturing is producing more goods than ever. The stats don;t show that because the new technologies permit goods to be created with far fewer people required to do the work. This is the natural progression of things. Technology and modern methods have replaced the old smokestack style manufacturing processes.
The so called 'cheap labor' overseas is US based companies investment in these countries.
Sure the labor is cheaper. It has to be. Can you imagine the cost of a pair of shoes if it were made by workers costing over $30 per hour in wages and benefits? The company would never be able to sell the products.

There's no sense trying to convince this guy of the facts. He longs for the 'good old days' where restrictive tariffs squelched global competition and labor unions could shut down any factory in the nation.
Those days are over.

Do you have data to support that claim?
Because I will tell you that manufacturing capacity is at historical levels.
US manufacturing is producing more goods than ever. The stats don;t show that because the new technologies permit goods to be created with far fewer people required to do the work. This is the natural progression of things. Technology and modern methods have replaced the old smokestack style manufacturing processes.
The so called 'cheap labor' overseas is US based companies investment in these countries.
Sure the labor is cheaper. It has to be. Can you imagine the cost of a pair of shoes if it were made by workers costing over $30 per hour in wages and benefits? The company would never be able to sell the products.

Manufacturing jobs are not the only type of jobs being referred to, when you call customer service or tech support for many multi billion dollar companies you are speaking to people in foreign lands working for very low wages.

There's no sense trying to convince this guy of the facts. He longs for the 'good old days' where restrictive tariffs squelched global competition and labor unions could shut down any factory in the nation.
Those days are over.

And so is the American middle class.

You're the one who suggested that these companies were greedy. If they were truly as greedy as you are saying, they would keep these jobs in America if it turn out a profit.

The only reason why this is not happening is because these jobs turn a loss.

Sooner or later, you'll have to use logic.

Last edited:

You're the one who suggested that these companies were greedy. If they were truly as greedy as you are saying, they would keep these jobs in America if it turn out a profit.

I see basic math eludes you also, paying third world people 25 cents an hour cost less than paying Americans 15 dollars an hour, so when you pay 25 cents an hour you keep more of the profits even if you were already making profit paying workers 15 dollars an hour.

I see basic math eludes you also, paying third world people 25 cents an hour cost less than paying Americans 15 dollars an hour, so when you pay 25 cents an hour you keep more of the profits even if you were already making profit paying workers 15 dollars an hour.

Your idea of what basic math is doesn't tell me anything. It just tells me that you have no idea of how business works.

Revenue - Operating Expenses - Taxes = Profit

The fact that third world employees work for less is irrelevant. The overall idea of making a profit is to figure out what makes money and what doesn't. Profits are what is left over after all expenses are paid. If it is too expensive to operate a business in America, then it is not worth keeping the business in America.

Forum List

Back