Surprise Factory Downturn Holds Back U.S. Growth: Economy

You're the one who suggested that these companies were greedy. If they were truly as greedy as you are saying, they would keep these jobs in America if it turn out a profit.

The only reason why this is not happening is because these jobs turn a loss.

Sooner or later, you'll have to use logic.

I see basic math eludes you also, paying third world people 25 cents an hour cost less than paying Americans 15 dollars an hour, so when you pay 25 cents an hour you keep more of the profits even if you were already making profit paying workers 15 dollars an hour.

Your idea of what basic math is doesn't tell me anything. It just tells me that you have no idea of how business works.

Revenue - Operating Expenses - Taxes = Profit

The fact that third world employees work for less is irrelevant. The overall idea of making a profit is to figure out what makes money and what doesn't. Profits are what is left over after all expenses are paid. If it is too expensive to operate a business in America, then it is not worth keeping the business in America.

Companies make plenty of profit in the U.S. but in this day and age of greed they can make a little bit more by using offshore low wage workers in third world nations.

I see basic math eludes you also, paying third world people 25 cents an hour cost less than paying Americans 15 dollars an hour, so when you pay 25 cents an hour you keep more of the profits even if you were already making profit paying workers 15 dollars an hour.

Your idea of what basic math is doesn't tell me anything. It just tells me that you have no idea of how business works.

The fact that third world employees work for less is irrelevant. The overall idea of making a profit is to figure out what makes money and what doesn't. Profits are what is left over after all expenses are paid. If it is too expensive to operate a business in America, then it is not worth keeping the business in America.

Companies make plenty of profit in the U.S. but in this day and age of greed they can make a little bit more by using offshore low wage workers in third world nations.

Then why would companies need to close down businesses in America, and re-open those businesses else where if they are making plenty of profits in the U.S. Are you suggesting that businesses operate to run at a loss?

Then why would companies need to close down businesses in America, and re-open those businesses else where if they are making plenty of profits in the U.S. Are you suggesting that businesses operate to run at a loss?

They make MORE money overseas because of the cheap labor but plenty of them outsourced while already making a profit.

Obamanomics? LOL Haven't been able to pass ANYTHING since 2/2010, including any real jobs bills- and thanks for the never before heard of debt ceiling crises, and the subsequent SEQUESTER (Boehner "I got 98% of what I wanted").

You dupes know the Bushies ruined the whole world, right? We're just doing better than anyone else, but we could have led the world out of this by now. But you just HAD to feq with the magic negro in every possible way...racist, party first a-holes...

Last edited:

They make MORE money overseas because of the cheap labor but plenty of them outsourced while already making a profit.

Then why are the jobs outsourced if they are already making a profit? If there a profit to be made, then there is no need to close down an operation domestically. Do you understand what outsourced means?

You did not answer the OP's question.
Answer the question FIRST.
Do you think companies should operate at a loss?

Corporations can make $1 million keeping jobs at home, while making $11 million building factories overseas. If corporations are as greedy as you suggest, then there is no reason they couldn't make $12 million to keep jobs home, while making jobs abroad.

There is a reason why these corporations don't keep these jobs in America. I'll let you in on what the reason is: It's because these jobs at home are losing money.

There's no sense trying to convince this guy of the facts. He longs for the 'good old days' where restrictive tariffs squelched global competition and labor unions could shut down any factory in the nation.
Those days are over.

And so is the American middle class.
More lib talking points.
Obama disagrees with you.

I said it doesn't take recessions this long to self correct. It will now that the Government has done everything predictable in response to this economy crisis.

You can either learn from the Great Depression, or repeat it. All that is missing is amending the constitution so Obama can serve a third term.

It does when the recession is caused by gross fiscal irresponsibility by the Republicans.

History disagrees with you. Should be pretty easy to understand this, since the length of economic recessions is easy to find.

Obama for a third term would be a great idea! Majority Democrat in Congress would be good!

It would be great for the rich as well. Now the party on Wall Street will never end. I support.

History has no comps. The 2007-2008 financial crisis is topping $700 Trillion and continuing to grow.

Then why are the jobs outsourced if they are already making a profit? If there a profit to be made, then there is no need to close down an operation domestically. Do you understand what outsourced means?

Because of greed, they want more.

You did not answer the OP's question.
Answer the question FIRST.
Do you think companies should operate at a loss?

English seems to elude some here, it has been stated they are making a profit but want more, a very simple concept really, amazing how it is so hard for some to grasp.

There's no sense trying to convince this guy of the facts. He longs for the 'good old days' where restrictive tariffs squelched global competition and labor unions could shut down any factory in the nation.
Those days are over.

And so is the American middle class.
More lib talking points.
Obama disagrees with you.

Obama is a corporatist light, and this talking point hits the nail on the head.

If you held stock in one of these companies, you'd be singing a different tune.

It does when the recession is caused by gross fiscal irresponsibility by the Republicans.

History disagrees with you. Should be pretty easy to understand this, since the length of economic recessions is easy to find.

Obama for a third term would be a great idea! Majority Democrat in Congress would be good!

It would be great for the rich as well. Now the party on Wall Street will never end. I support.

History has no comps. The 2007-2008 financial crisis is topping $700 Trillion and continuing to grow.

700 trillion? Where do you get these numbers?
The total net worth of the United States is just over $15 trillion.
If you are going to make shit up, at least attempt to appear believable.

Nope, I realize in the long run a well paid U.S. workforce is best for the nation, once the base weakens soon the roof caves in.

Nope, I realize in the long run a well paid U.S. workforce is best for the nation, once the base weakens soon the roof caves in.

No shit. Your problem is you have no limit on the concept of "well paid".
Fact. If wages are artificially increased, eventually consumer prices will reflect the increases in cost to produce or perform. The end result is prices rise relative to the additional costs applied to labor. One of two things occurs. The cost of labor is reduced or the prices of goods and services is increased. In the end, we all end up back where we started.

Fact. If wages are artificially increased, eventually consumer prices will reflect the increases in cost to produce or perform. The end result is prices rise relative to the additional costs applied to labor. One of two things occurs. The cost of labor is reduced or the prices of goods and services is increased. In the end, we all end up back where we started.

You have no idea of my concept of well paid, and what well paid would vary from region to region.

You have no idea of my concept of well paid, and what well paid would vary from region to region.
Okj..Fire away. What is your opinion of 'well paid'....
Be careful. Use examples of wage levels as you see them relative to level of skill and/or education.
DO NOT use the Penn State 'living wage' calculator.
The values are vastly inflated. For example the PSU living wage calculator indicates the living wage for a family of four in Los Angeles County is $34+ per hour.
DO you really think an unskilled fast food worker should make $34 per hour just because?

Okj..Fire away. What is your opinion of 'well paid'....
Be careful. Use examples of wage levels as you see them relative to level of skill and/or education.
DO NOT use the Penn State 'living wage' calculator.
The values are vastly inflated. For example the PSU living wage calculator indicates the living wage for a family of four in Los Angeles County is $34+ per hour.
DO you really think an unskilled fast food worker should make $34 per hour just because?

34 dollars per hour counting in benefits isn't all that much these days.

Manufacturing in this country peaked in 1979.

Yeah and?
Actually there is just as much manufacturing in this country if not more than ever. It's just done be fewer people. That's due to technology.
Manufacturing, or what people refer to as 'factory work' no longer exists.
Manufacturing is a high tech business. It is almost impossible for someone who does not at least have a background in computers( most companies require at least a tech school degree) to be hired in a manufacturing environment.

As shipping costs increase, low tech manufacturing is coming back. In the last 1.5yrs my global behemoth employer repatriated about a $100kk in LOW TECH manufacturing into the NAFTA zone, with about a third of that coming back home to the USA. Asian parasite nations are losing their luster; one driver is low quality, but Pacrimmers are so cheap a 5% fail rate still works when freight is cheap.

Unfortunately, wages are not coming back.

Dozens of employees complain to me. I support their complaints face to face (not to the corporate behemoth) and occasionally suggest forming a union, but they don't have the guts; jobs like this are few and far between. Obviously the corporation has no clue of my real thinking on the labor issue, but at my age and in my financial position, fuck them. They wouldn't have hired me if they hadn't been desperate for a high volume/high velocity leader - someone men (and women) will follow instead of a kid with a stat book (who almost buried this operation before they accepted the contract I laid on the table).

It really makes me sad what the filthy god damned nutball scum of the earth have done to American Labor with a lot of help from fake-liberal fake-meritocrat government worshipers who wouldn't know a production schedule if it was crammed down their throats. Before Reagan/Clinton depravities against labor the US fielded the finest workforce on earth. Now here I am today sort of going along with degrading American labor because corporate America met my price and because line employees are too afraid for their jobs to fight in their own interest.

Last edited:
Clinton dishonestly explained in a campaign rally for Barack Obama that it takes at least 8 years to 6 - 8 years to recovery from a downturn from an economic mess. So therefore, no one should really blame Obama for this anemic recovery we are having.

What Bill Clinton -- and this supposes economist -- doesn't seem to understand that it really doesn't take 8 - 10 years for an economy to recovery from a recession. Well, I suppose it does if we are using the Great Depression as our guide of how to cure an economic crisis, and not the Depression of 1920.

The Phil Gramm (R) derivative debacle was a world hit of $563 Trillion, $20 Trillion in the U.S.

Most middle class lost all or part of their IRA's.

How much were the wall street/bank bailouts? $50 Trillion?

The Housing crash, and we're not done yet.

Robo signing credit cards which continues today.

So what makes you think that it won't be 8-10 years.

I said it doesn't take recessions this long to self correct. It will now that the Government has done everything predictable in response to this economy crisis.

You can either learn from the Great Depression, or repeat it. All that is missing is amending the constitution so Obama can serve a third term.

Bernanke did not want The Great Depression 2.0. Hence, $2 trillion in QE.

This was a balance sheet recession caused by excessive building fueled by excessive debt. According to Rogoff and Reinhardt, who have studied similar balance sheet recessions around the world, it takes 4-10 years and 6 years on average from the peak for the excesses to be wiped out. This recession has played out pretty much as the two articulated in their book, This Time is Different.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back