SURPRISE! Totalitarian Liberals Want to Make it MANDATORY TO VOTE

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
CHIOCE is only good to a so called: progressive/lib/socialdemocrat when it comes to the killing of the unborn. other than that you WILL do as they say OR ELSE. Progressive stands for FASCIST

snip:
November 3, 2015 by Aleister

Democrats-Fascim.jpg

If progressives get their way, you will be forced to participate in the American election process and you will like it.

Choosing to stay home on election day will no longer be an option. For people who claim to believe in choice, the left sure loves force.

Just yesterday, this was published at the liberal outlet The Atlantic:

A Feasible Roadmap to Compulsory Voting

Not enough people vote. It’s a perennial source of concern in American politics. There’s no shortage of reforms designed to address the problem, but one idea that seems particularly promising, at least in theory, is compulsory voting. It would produce much higher turnout for the obvious reason that it requires people to vote. It’s long been dismissed, though, as an impossible pipe dream, unlikely to ever happen in the United States. But if reformers were to start at the municipal level, they could set into motion forces that might lead to its nationwide adoption.

Start with some statistics: In years with presidential elections, voter turnout peaks at just above 60 percent. In off-year elections, turnout dips to 40 percent or less. In November 2014, only 36 percent of eligible voters went to the polls—the lowest share in more than 70 years. Participation this paltry calls into question the political system’s legitimacy. It also hints that election outcomes might be quite different if more people bothered to show up.

Gee. Where did they get that idea?

CNN reported in March of this year:

Obama: Maybe it’s time for mandatory voting

all of it here:
SURPRISE! Totalitarian Liberals Want to Make it MANDATORY TO VOTE - Progressives Today

CHIOCE is only good to a so called: progressive/lib/socialdemocrat when it comes to the killing of the unborn. other than that you WILL do as they say OR ELSE. Progressive stands for FASCIST

it is not "totalitarian", nutty steffie....

there are many countries where people are fined if they don't vote.

i know you hate the idea that you're part of a teeny tiny wackjob minority.

you should probably get over it and go back to collecting your government checks.

I'd be in favor of a literacy test, PROOF of citizenship and VOTER ID....but only after we deport all the illegals, the syrians and somalian "refugees".

Staying home on Election Day is the American way of voting for "None of the Above".

If you force Americans to vote, Snoopy is going to win by a landslide via write-in vote.

you should probably get over it and go back to collecting your government checks.
Just because someone else does it doesn't make it something else..

I find a system that would force people under penalty of law to leave their homes and choose between a giant douche and a turd sandwich to continue ruining their country and stuffing the pockets of their own special interests incredibly totalitarian, but hey, that's just me.

Maybe if people were given choices worth their time we'd have higher turn out.

When you vote, you show support for that person. If you don't support someone you don't show your support for them...

Just because someone else does it doesn't make it something else..

except it isn't totalitarian. totalitarian would be if they make you vote a certain way.

I find a system that would force people under penalty of law to leave their homes and choose between a giant douche and a turd sandwich to continue ruining their country and stuffing the pockets of their own special interests incredibly totalitarian, but hey, that's just me.

you can "find" it anything you want. if you don't want to vote, take the $25 fine and stand on principle.

My guess is once they get voting mandatory they will drop the voting age down to 11.

except it isn't totalitarian. totalitarian would be if they make you vote a certain way.
Wrong. Ordering people to participate in an event they don't want to is totalitarian. And you may not like any of the options.

you can "find" it anything you want. if you don't want to vote, take the $25 fine and stand on principle.
Standing on principle would be to tell the government to go fuck themselves.

How about we do that with no fine since this is, after all, the Land of the "Free" or do you have a problem with people being pro choice?

Forum List

Back