SURPRISE! Totalitarian Liberals Want to Make it MANDATORY TO VOTE

CHIOCE is only good to a so called: progressive/lib/socialdemocrat when it comes to the killing of the unborn. other than that you WILL do as they say OR ELSE. Progressive stands for FASCIST

it is not "totalitarian", nutty steffie....

there are many countries where people are fined if they don't vote.

i know you hate the idea that you're part of a teeny tiny wackjob minority.

you should probably get over it and go back to collecting your government checks.
Just because someone else does it doesn't make it something else..

except it isn't totalitarian. totalitarian would be if they make you vote a certain way.
That post explains a lot..

Mandatory voting goes against liberty, but I've heard worse ideas. In this case, based upon how stupid Americans are, I wouldn't make it so.

CHIOCE is only good to a so called: progressive/lib/socialdemocrat when it comes to the killing of the unborn. other than that you WILL do as they say OR ELSE. Progressive stands for FASCIST

I find a system that would force people under penalty of law to leave their homes and choose between a giant douche and a turd sandwich to continue ruining their country and stuffing the pockets of their own special interests incredibly totalitarian, but hey, that's just me.

Maybe if people were given choices worth their time we'd have higher turn out.

you can "find" it anything you want. if you don't want to vote, take the $25 fine and stand on principle.
CONFORM!
haha

you should probably get over it and go back to collecting your government checks.
Just because someone else does it doesn't make it something else..

except it isn't totalitarian. totalitarian would be if they make you vote a certain way.
That post explains a lot..

what? that i know what totalitarianism is?

you can't just throw around words... they have meaning. and not liking something doesn't make it naziism, totalitarianism, slavery or any of the other words the right likes to toss around with impunity.

sometimes it is far more appropriate to say "i don't agree".

without going all loony like the wacky o/p

I find a system that would force people under penalty of law to leave their homes and choose between a giant douche and a turd sandwich to continue ruining their country and stuffing the pockets of their own special interests incredibly totalitarian, but hey, that's just me.

you can "find" it anything you want. if you don't want to vote, take the $25 fine and stand on principle.

How about we do that with no fine since this is, after all, the Land of the "Free" or do you have a problem with people being pro choice?
There would have to be a stick, if there's a carrot. How about you vote and we knock $50 off your federal tax bill?

Dipshit OP writer has the uniform wrong. It was the Soviet Union and the Warsaw Pact which had compulsory voting, not Nazi Germany.

Just another historically ignorant dumb fuck who thinks Nazis are left wing.

22 countries where voting is mandatory

The depiction was of a fascist, not an attempt at a historical analog to another nation that has compulsory voting (like say North Korea).

My guess is once they get voting mandatory they will drop the voting age down to 11.

that would be next. can you Imagine having an 11 year old or even a 16 year old voting for your life's decisions?

CONFORM!
haha

or pay the $25

i figure most of the people whining are right-wingers who know they lose every time there's a high voter turnout.

because, you know, assuring that people vote is "totalitarianism", but telling me what i can and can't do with my body isn't???

butt backwards. seriously.

How about we do that with no fine since this is, after all, the Land of the "Free" or do you have a problem with people being pro choice?
There would have to be a stick, if there's a carrot. How about you vote and we knock $50 off your federal tax bill?
How about, "If you vote, your guy might win"?

I know. Crazy talk.

Can't cram a shitty notion like ObumblerCare down the throat of the People before the idea has first been floated.

I guess the problem her is that when Progressives [sic] first muse about their idiotic pipe dreams, there is a chance that it too might get crammed down our throats. Of course it will be in the form of a budget reconciliation and will not be a punitive tax (or a tax at all) because that would an improper thing in terms of the Constitution, except that it will likely come with IRS enforcement if it ever gets legislated.

We should pay people $20 to not vote. Most Democrats aren't smart enough to not take $20 now and give up thousands later in handouts. You're in it for yourself and you want it now, even $20

because, you know, assuring that people vote is "totalitarianism", but telling me what i can and can't do with my body isn't???

Forcing people to vote under penalty of law is totalitarianism. What's butt backwards is someone with the education you claim to have being too dimwitted to understand that.

In any case, squabbling about this is a waste of time since it will never happen as a such a mandate would be unconstitutional.

The constitutional right to free worship means that you can worship however you want, or not at all.

The constitutional right to free speech means that you can speak however you want, or not at all.

The constitutional right to bear arms means that you can keep arms, or not at all.

How does the constitutional right to vote suddenly become different?

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

CONFORM!
haha

or pay the $25

i figure most of the people whining are right-wingers who know they lose every time there's a high voter turnout.

What's funny is that you call yourself "liberal." It's like the "Ministry of Love" in 1984

My guess is once they get voting mandatory they will drop the voting age down to 11.

that would be next. can you Imagine having an 11 year old or even a 16 year old voting for your life's decisions?
The actual voting age should be 30, that's when you have an adult, usually. You guys are exceptions of course, since you never fucking grow up...

Forum List

Back