SURPRISE! Totalitarian Liberals Want to Make it MANDATORY TO VOTE

or pay the $25

Which really creates a crazy dilemma for liberals. You oppose voter ID laws because poor people might not be able to afford a $25 ID card, or have transportation to the DMV. But you want to make voting mandatory. And when poor people don't have transportation to a polling site, they'll get slapped with a $25 fine they can't afford.

Which would be easily fixed by internet voting.

Which you can do from home, an internet kiosk or library.

yeah.great idea...if you're anti american....anybody anywhere can just walk in and vote...no problem..LMFAO..why don't we allow the rest of the world to vote in our elections, too? That way we would be sure not to "offend" anyone...

CHIOCE is only good to a so called: progressive/lib/socialdemocrat when it comes to the killing of the unborn. other than that you WILL do as they say OR ELSE. Progressive stands for FASCIST

snip:
November 3, 2015 by Aleister

Democrats-Fascim.jpg

If progressives get their way, you will be forced to participate in the American election process and you will like it.

Choosing to stay home on election day will no longer be an option. For people who claim to believe in choice, the left sure loves force.

Just yesterday, this was published at the liberal outlet The Atlantic:

A Feasible Roadmap to Compulsory Voting

Not enough people vote. It’s a perennial source of concern in American politics. There’s no shortage of reforms designed to address the problem, but one idea that seems particularly promising, at least in theory, is compulsory voting. It would produce much higher turnout for the obvious reason that it requires people to vote. It’s long been dismissed, though, as an impossible pipe dream, unlikely to ever happen in the United States. But if reformers were to start at the municipal level, they could set into motion forces that might lead to its nationwide adoption.

Start with some statistics: In years with presidential elections, voter turnout peaks at just above 60 percent. In off-year elections, turnout dips to 40 percent or less. In November 2014, only 36 percent of eligible voters went to the polls—the lowest share in more than 70 years. Participation this paltry calls into question the political system’s legitimacy. It also hints that election outcomes might be quite different if more people bothered to show up.

Gee. Where did they get that idea?

CNN reported in March of this year:

Obama: Maybe it’s time for mandatory voting

all of it here:
SURPRISE! Totalitarian Liberals Want to Make it MANDATORY TO VOTE - Progressives Today

Is this another call for another Operation America springy thingy?

Have you heard about hacking? The internet is not safe. It is not secure. Nothing on the internet is guaranteed.

I work in IT. I spend 13.5 years at the NYSE. We tracked billions of trades which were far more complex than the data you find in voting.

The type of voting protocols we have NOW are far more subject to abuse. Especially mail ins..

Yet? Conservatives seem to love voting by mail.
Of course they do, that's how old whites vote, and they vote mostly GOP. That kind of voter fraud they love.

I'd be in favor of a literacy test, PROOF of citizenship and VOTER ID....but only after we deport all the illegals, the syrians and somalian "refugees".

And none of that is in the Constitution.

What is in the Constitution? Is the right to vote.

mandatory voting isn't in the constitution either..but that's what we're talking about here, son...Why do you ALWAYS try to change the subject? You're merely another hyperpartisan agitator with no solid positions other than supporting anything that agitates the opposition.

You nailed that.

I'd be in favor of a literacy test, PROOF of citizenship and VOTER ID....but only after we deport all the illegals, the syrians and somalian "refugees".

mandatory voting isn't in the constitution either..but that's what we're talking about here, son...Why do you ALWAYS try to change the subject? You're merely another hyperpartisan agitator with no solid positions other than supporting anything that agitates the opposition.

Meh.

We are a nation of immigrants and YOU want to deport new immigrants.

It isn't me that is the "hyper agitator" here, pal.

Hyperbole, demagoguing, non-sequiturs and outright bullshit is all you got.

If you fail to vote you will be deemed to have voted for the majority party in your district, the left would wet themselves over that one.

Non voters should be assumed to be libertarians and anarchists and their vote should go to the Libertarian Party

Meh.

We are a nation of immigrants and YOU want to deport new immigrants.

It isn't me that is the "hyper agitator" here, pal.

Hyperbole, demagoguing, non-sequiturs and outright bullshit is all you got.

Suddenly you object to that?

Nobody is going to be forced to vote.

Nobody was going to be forced to purchase health insurance either...

and then the heritage foundation said it was a good idea and indicative of "personal responsibility".

until a democrat passed it, of course.

Wait, now you're advocating personal responsibility? Then I guess you'd be ok with fining people who don't pull their own weight?

i'm sorry, you seem unable to follow the discussion.

he made a comment... i pointed out why it was FOS.

try again.

If you fail to vote you will be deemed to have voted for the majority party in your district, the left would wet themselves over that one.

Non voters should be assumed to be libertarians and anarchists and their vote should go to the Libertarian Party
What's the difference between a Democrat and a Libratarian?

A Democrat spends all of his waking hours causing problems.......a Libratarian spends all of his solving nothing.

I work in IT. I spend 13.5 years at the NYSE. We tracked billions of trades which were far more complex than the data you find in voting.

The type of voting protocols we have NOW are far more subject to abuse. Especially mail ins..

If you work in IT, then you should know how wide open cyber space is. China is hacking our government systems at will. High School kids are hacking ISIS. Our own government is stealing our dick-picks. Facebook has massive digital dossiers on people who have never in their entire lives had a facebook account. Internet voting is the single worse idea I've heard since accidentally going on a date with the librarian chick from Tomcats.

Have you heard about hacking? The internet is not safe. It is not secure. Nothing on the internet is guaranteed.

....and now you contend that no "progressives" vote by mail and it's strictly a "conservative" practice?
comical...man, you'll just say ANYthing, won't you?

What's butt backwards is someone with the education you claim to have being too dimwitted to understand that.
Jillian has a BFS degree in ambulance chasing. She must not have much of a case load because she is on here everyday screeching about hildabeast.

Nobody is going to be forced to vote.

Nobody was going to be forced to purchase health insurance either...

and then the heritage foundation said it was a good idea and indicative of "personal responsibility".

until a democrat passed it, of course.

Wait, now you're advocating personal responsibility? Then I guess you'd be ok with fining people who don't pull their own weight?

i'm sorry, you seem unable to follow the discussion.

he made a comment... i pointed out why it was FOS.

try again.

Oh, so you didn't reference personal responsibility? Got it.

:lol:

If you work in IT, then you should know how wide open cyber space is. China is hacking our government systems at will. High School kids are hacking ISIS. Our own government is stealing our dick-picks. Facebook has massive digital dossiers on people who have never in their entire lives had a facebook account. Internet voting is the single worse idea I've heard since accidentally going on a date with the librarian chick from Tomcats.

Hacking what systems, at will?

CHIOCE is only good to a so called: progressive/lib/socialdemocrat when it comes to the killing of the unborn. other than that you WILL do as they say OR ELSE. Progressive stands for FASCIST

snip:
November 3, 2015 by Aleister

Democrats-Fascim.jpg

If progressives get their way, you will be forced to participate in the American election process and you will like it.

Choosing to stay home on election day will no longer be an option. For people who claim to believe in choice, the left sure loves force.

Just yesterday, this was published at the liberal outlet The Atlantic:

A Feasible Roadmap to Compulsory Voting

Not enough people vote. It’s a perennial source of concern in American politics. There’s no shortage of reforms designed to address the problem, but one idea that seems particularly promising, at least in theory, is compulsory voting. It would produce much higher turnout for the obvious reason that it requires people to vote. It’s long been dismissed, though, as an impossible pipe dream, unlikely to ever happen in the United States. But if reformers were to start at the municipal level, they could set into motion forces that might lead to its nationwide adoption.

Start with some statistics: In years with presidential elections, voter turnout peaks at just above 60 percent. In off-year elections, turnout dips to 40 percent or less. In November 2014, only 36 percent of eligible voters went to the polls—the lowest share in more than 70 years. Participation this paltry calls into question the political system’s legitimacy. It also hints that election outcomes might be quite different if more people bothered to show up.

Gee. Where did they get that idea?

CNN reported in March of this year:

Obama: Maybe it’s time for mandatory voting

all of it here:
SURPRISE! Totalitarian Liberals Want to Make it MANDATORY TO VOTE - Progressives Today

Yup.

Just like these totalitarian countries.

22 countries where voting is mandatory

Which of them do you hate the most, Step?

You're not capable of writing a post without being an ass, are you?

Jillian has a BFS degree in ambulance chasing. She must not have much of a case load because she is on here everyday screeching about hildabeast.

Actually, that could easily be a matter of good time management. Just sayin....

Forum List

Back