Suspended HS students take stand against censorship of Confederate Flag

Nocturnus-Libertus-Tweet-Photo-640x480.png
Highest level of class that can be expected... Yawn. You think that's bad? You should see what the dog did to my favorite flip flops! But dogs gonna dog, and... Well . You know the rest.

Can anyone explain where the nobility is in the confederate flag? What is the heritage they celebrate? Slavery? Racism? Fear and suspicion? White supremacy?

It seems to represent the worst in human nature and none of the best.
If you don't know then NO explaining will ever make you see why. Try being born a southerner and you would understand and if you were born a southerner and you still don't understand I really feel sorry for you.

Can anyone explain where the nobility is in the confederate flag? What is the heritage they celebrate? Slavery? Racism? Fear and suspicion? White supremacy?

If you don't know then NO explaining will ever make you see why. Try being born a southerner and you would understand and if you were born a southerner and you still don't understand I really feel sorry for you.
So the answer is you can't find the nobility in that flag either. If you could, the answer would be right there at the front of your mind.

So wasn't it like 4 years of history? Bad history at that. Seems silly to me. Why not focus on pre or post those years?

So the answer is you can't find the nobility in that flag either. If you could, the answer would be right there at the front of your mind.
My answer is what I said. No need to repeat it. It also happens to be the truth.

So wasn't it like 4 years of history? Bad history at that. Seems silly to me. Why not focus on pre or post those years?
The south has a LONG history the CONFEDERACY was 4 years. That is the ignorance I was talking about....Confederacy and The South are 2 completely different things. 1 was a country 1 is an area of the US. Jeez.

My answer is what I said. No need to repeat it. It also happens to be the truth.

The south has a LONG history the CONFEDERACY was 4 years. That is the ignorance I was talking about....Confederacy and The South are 2 completely different things. 1 was a country 1 is an area of the US. Jeez.

So why use the flag? Seems like a symbol of losing. I'd want to block that history out.

For those asking....the history that resonates with some Southerners (some...a few...not most) is the plight of the poor Southern man being used by the rich man to die for him on behalf of a falsehood. 97% of Southerners didn't own slaves. The rich owned the newspapers and basically brainwashed the poor Southerners to think the North was invading to kill their family and take their land. Sherman total war theory and acts didn't help either.

The war was about slavery. But most Southern troops didn't know that. Like even today's soldier...they were lied to and sent to die in a rich man's war.

THAT IS what that flag stands for for some. In a nutshell. It's a symbol of rebellion against the rich man and the establishment.

Believe it or not. But that's true for many supporters.

So why use the flag? Seems like a symbol of losing. I'd want to block that history out.
Symbol of rebellion against tyrannical government force.

Why not use US flag? The country did just that.

As a southerner we were fighting against the tyrannical government of the US. However right or wrong you may think that is or was. Hell even foreigners use the Confederate flag as a symbol of resistance and rebellion.

As a southerner we were fighting against the tyrannical government of the US. However right or wrong you may think that is or was. Hell even foreigners use the Confederate flag as a symbol of resistance and rebellion.

It is harder to dislike when you try to explain it. Many symbols get changed for the worse when that was not their original intention.

Idiots always want to "block" history. It's because they're too stupid to learn from it, and they don't like what they do learn because it shows them to be morons.

Idiots always want to "block" history. It's because they're too stupid to learn from it, and they don't like what they do learn because it shows them to be morons.
So where is the nobility in the confederate flag? What makes it such an important symbol? We know the history of the Confederate cause, so why would anyone embrace that cause today?

Drake said the school banned the flag inside the school after fights broke out in the early 2000s.

“It was a year’s worth of fights that occurred from 2001 to 2002. The fights were racially charged and racially motivated, and the Confederate flag was used as a symbol of intimidation in that specific case,” Drake explained.

But Drake said smaller fights continued for years.

Sounds like a justifiable reason to me

Forum List

Back