Suspended HS students take stand against censorship of Confederate Flag

I c
Sounds like a justifiable reason to me
Its a lie also. I have been through christiansburgh its WHITE like extremely white. But no one will question this lie so it stands.

Prove it

"Suspended HS students take stand against censorship of Confederate Flag"

Wrong.

The students take a stand only to exhibit their ignorance of the law, as does the OP.

Schools prohibiting the wearing of shirts with a 'confederate' flag does not constitute 'censorship,' nor does it violate the First Amendment.

In Hazelwood School District v. Kuhlmeier the Supreme Court held that the “[f]irst Amendment rights of students in the public schools are not automatically coextensive with the rights of adults in other settings, and must be applied in light of the special characteristics of the school environment. A school need not tolerate student speech that is inconsistent with its basic educational mission, even though the government could not censor similar speech outside the school.”

Clearly a flag used for decades to advocate for racism, hate, ignorance, and violence is “inconsistent with [a school's] basic educational mission,” which is to disseminate the values and mores of a free and democratic society, values and mores undoubtedly in conflict with what the flag represents.

And that the students might subjectively perceive the flag to not be racist, or a 'symbol of history' is irrelevant, where schools are authorized to make that final determination, and prohibit the speech in accordance with the Constitution.

You deflect and offer ham handed rationalizations but no real answers. Where is the nobility in that flag? What rights did the Confederacy hold so sacred that they rebelled against the nation? Why embrace that flag today?
States rights for one. Ever try learning some history on your own? If you are TRULY interested find out....plenty of books/websites etc to inform you. But I suspect and I am 99% always right that you are merely trying to puff your chest and point out anything you can find fits your agenda to whine about the flag and its history.
It's time for you to puff out your chest and show us all why you embrace that flag and what is noble about it.
One Libtard,Two Libtards,Three Libtards what do they all have in common!? Just the fact that NONE of them have any idea of what the fuck they are talking about,their hatred for white people,their hatred for the south and its history,culture,pride etc.
Here's you big chance to make the killer argument. But you chose to deflect, project, rationalize and equivocate. Your credibility is eroding right before our eyes.
I choose to ignore MORONS. Thanks for understanding.
Well, I guess we just can't get too far along now. You can't figure out an answer to a simple question and then you start calling names as if you were a twelve year old. It's too bad. You could have reversed my impression and made a reputation for yourself as a formidable debater. Some folks just aren't worth it, and you certainly proved that in spades.

Can anyone explain where the nobility is in the confederate flag? What is the heritage they celebrate? Slavery? Racism? Fear and suspicion? White supremacy?

It seems to represent the worst in human nature and none of the best.
If you don't know then NO explaining will ever make you see why. Try being born a southerner and you would understand and if you were born a southerner and you still don't understand I really feel sorry for you.
So the answer is you can't find the nobility in that flag either. If you could, the answer would be right there at the front of your mind.
My answer is what I said. No need to repeat it. It also happens to be the truth.
Can anyone explain where the nobility is in the confederate flag? What is the heritage they celebrate? Slavery? Racism? Fear and suspicion? White supremacy?

If you don't know then NO explaining will ever make you see why. Try being born a southerner and you would understand and if you were born a southerner and you still don't understand I really feel sorry for you.

So wasn't it like 4 years of history? Bad history at that. Seems silly to me. Why not focus on pre or post those years?
The south has a LONG history the CONFEDERACY was 4 years. That is the ignorance I was talking about....Confederacy and The South are 2 completely different things. 1 was a country 1 is an area of the US. Jeez.

So why use the flag? Seems like a symbol of losing. I'd want to block that history out.
Which history, the one you were taught or the correct history? Because the correct history isn't flattering to the North. I'm guessing you're one of the innumerable idiots who thinks the North was against slavery and racism and that they launched a defensive war.

So the answer is you can't find the nobility in that flag either. If you could, the answer would be right there at the front of your mind.
My answer is what I said. No need to repeat it. It also happens to be the truth.

So wasn't it like 4 years of history? Bad history at that. Seems silly to me. Why not focus on pre or post those years?
The south has a LONG history the CONFEDERACY was 4 years. That is the ignorance I was talking about....Confederacy and The South are 2 completely different things. 1 was a country 1 is an area of the US. Jeez.

So why use the flag? Seems like a symbol of losing. I'd want to block that history out.
Which history, the one you were taught or the correct history? Because the correct history isn't flattering to the North. I'm guessing you're one of the innumerable idiots who thinks the North was against slavery and racism and that they launched a defensive war.
What are you saying? The North started a war when they bombarded Fort Sumter?

To me, these school authority people need to learn how to pick their battles. If they think that wearing certain things to school is the worst thing that can ever take place, they shouldn't even be working such jobs.

God bless you and the kids always!!!

Holly

So you would be fine if a kid came to school wearing a swastika?

Typical fundy christer
That is a part of the free speech duno. That is why you can even get away with trying to be degrading towards other people. You're such a hypocrite.

The North started the war when they sent 75,000 troops on an invasion course into a state that had nothing to do with Fort Sumter, dummy.

The North started the war when they sent 75,000 troops on an invasion course into a state that had nothing to do with Fort Sumter, dummy.
Who fired on Sumter? That was federal property you know.

No. It wasn't. I'm not going to even attempt to educate your ignorant ass.

No. It wasn't. I'm not going to even attempt to educate your ignorant ass.
You have no answer. South Carolina fired on federal property and eventually got their ass kicked. Tell me what you got that says otherwise.

The Battle Flag has nothing to do with slavery. The flag of the confederacy of different. The Battle Flag they fly today is in remberance of their forefathers. Leave them to their heritage and quit dividing this country with your hatred.

Translation - "I can't support a single stupid thing I've said, so I'm taking my ball and going home"
I ignore morons its a personal choice. Why converse with the willingly stupid and willfully ignorant? Makes no sense. :) Take it how you want I truly do not care what your opinion is.

Translation - "I can't support a single stupid thing I've said, so I'm taking my ball and going home"
I ignore morons its a personal choice. Why converse with the willingly stupid and willfully ignorant? Makes no sense. :) Take it how you want I truly do not care what your opinion is.

Now you understand how the entire board feels about you

Now you understand how the entire board feels about you
Sure do get pissy about what I post though :) Even moving stuff that doesn't need moved..talk about taking my ball and going home syndrome :)

Forum List

Back