Suspended HS students take stand against censorship of Confederate Flag

Can anyone explain where the nobility is in the confederate flag? What is the heritage they celebrate? Slavery? Racism? Fear and suspicion? White supremacy?

It seems to represent the worst in human nature and none of the best.
If you don't know then NO explaining will ever make you see why. Try being born a southerner and you would understand and if you were born a southerner and you still don't understand I really feel sorry for you.
So the answer is you can't find the nobility in that flag either. If you could, the answer would be right there at the front of your mind.
My answer is what I said. No need to repeat it. It also happens to be the truth.
Can anyone explain where the nobility is in the confederate flag? What is the heritage they celebrate? Slavery? Racism? Fear and suspicion? White supremacy?

It seems to represent the worst in human nature and none of the best.
If you don't know then NO explaining will ever make you see why. Try being born a southerner and you would understand and if you were born a southerner and you still don't understand I really feel sorry for you.

So wasn't it like 4 years of history? Bad history at that. Seems silly to me. Why not focus on pre or post those years?
The south has a LONG history the CONFEDERACY was 4 years. That is the ignorance I was talking about....Confederacy and The South are 2 completely different things. 1 was a country 1 is an area of the US. Jeez.

So why use the flag? Seems like a symbol of losing. I'd want to block that history out.
Idiots always want to "block" history. It's because they're too stupid to learn from it, and they don't like what they do learn because it shows them to be morons.
No one is blocking you from buying a con-federate flag crying towel.

Drake said the school banned the flag inside the school after fights broke out in the early 2000s.

“It was a year’s worth of fights that occurred from 2001 to 2002. The fights were racially charged and racially motivated, and the Confederate flag was used as a symbol of intimidation in that specific case,” Drake explained.

But Drake said smaller fights continued for years.

Sounds like a justifiable reason to me
Its a lie also. I have been through christiansburgh its WHITE like extremely white. But no one will question this lie so it stands.
So where is the nobility in the confederate flag? What makes it such an important symbol? We know the history of the Confederate cause, so why would anyone embrace that cause today?

Ignorance
Coming from a retard from Vegas...classic!

The kid should have just wore a white shirt as that is the only flag of the Confederacy that matters. lol

The kid should have just wore a white shirt as that is the only flag of the Confederacy that matters. lol
Is that the ONLY reply they teach haters of the CSA? I swear its the only pic,meme or reply I see. That or absolute hatred for southerners or their view that we are all hillbillies....complete and utter ignorance.....I used to try and correct people but some hell most are warm and comfy in that ignorance....As I said before there is a difference between Confederate States of America and Southern history..they ONLY intersect for 4 years.

Drake said the school banned the flag inside the school after fights broke out in the early 2000s.

“It was a year’s worth of fights that occurred from 2001 to 2002. The fights were racially charged and racially motivated, and the Confederate flag was used as a symbol of intimidation in that specific case,” Drake explained.

Its a lie also. I have been through christiansburgh its WHITE like extremely white. But no one will question this lie so it stands.
So where is the nobility in the confederate flag? What makes it such an important symbol? We know the history of the Confederate cause, so why would anyone embrace that cause today?

Ignorance
You deflect and offer ham handed rationalizations but no real answers. Where is the nobility in that flag? What rights did the Confederacy hold so sacred that they rebelled against the nation? Why embrace that flag today?

Ignorance
You deflect and offer ham handed rationalizations but no real answers. Where is the nobility in that flag? What rights did the Confederacy hold so sacred that they rebelled against the nation? Why embrace that flag today?
States rights for one. Ever try learning some history on your own? If you are TRULY interested find out....plenty of books/websites etc to inform you. But I suspect and I am 99% always right that you are merely trying to puff your chest and point out anything you can find fits your agenda to whine about the flag and its history.

Is that the ONLY reply they teach haters of the CSA? I swear its the only pic,meme or reply I see. That or absolute hatred for southerners or their view that we are all hillbillies....complete and utter ignorance.....I used to try and correct people but some hell most are warm and comfy in that ignorance....As I said before there is a difference between Confederate States of America and Southern history..they ONLY intersect for 4 years.

How very brave of you to rail against a position that I do not hold.

Last edited:

Ignorance
States rights for one. Ever try learning some history on your own? If you are TRULY interested find out....plenty of books/websites etc to inform you. But I suspect and I am 99% always right that you are merely trying to puff your chest and point out anything you can find fits your agenda to whine about the flag and its history.
States rights? What states rights were being protected by the confederacy specifically?

Ignorance
States rights? What states rights were being protected by the confederacy specifically?
Go play in traffic. Christ you are more annoying than a yapping chihuahua.

Ignorance
I see. The question cannot be answered honestly. It's tough because we all know the answer and the old equivocation of "state's rights" is a losing one.

The state's right the confederacy sought to preserve was the state's right to permit citizens to hold human beings in perpetual slavery. Subsequent generations of Southerners used that feeble "state's rights" argument to deny citizens of their state's the right to vote, own property, engage in commerce and attend school.

So again I ask, where's the nobility in the confederate flag?

Prove it

"Suspended HS students take stand against censorship of Confederate Flag"

Wrong.

The students take a stand only to exhibit their ignorance of the law, as does the OP.

Schools prohibiting the wearing of shirts with a 'confederate' flag does not constitute 'censorship,' nor does it violate the First Amendment.

In Hazelwood School District v. Kuhlmeier the Supreme Court held that the “[f]irst Amendment rights of students in the public schools are not automatically coextensive with the rights of adults in other settings, and must be applied in light of the special characteristics of the school environment. A school need not tolerate student speech that is inconsistent with its basic educational mission, even though the government could not censor similar speech outside the school.”

Clearly a flag used for decades to advocate for racism, hate, ignorance, and violence is “inconsistent with [a school's] basic educational mission,” which is to disseminate the values and mores of a free and democratic society, values and mores undoubtedly in conflict with what the flag represents.

And that the students might subjectively perceive the flag to not be racist, or a 'symbol of history' is irrelevant, where schools are authorized to make that final determination, and prohibit the speech in accordance with the Constitution.

Ignorance
Nocturnus-Libertus-Tweet-Photo-640x480.png
Highest level of class that can be expected... Yawn. You think that's bad? You should see what the dog did to my favorite flip flops! But dogs gonna dog, and... Well . You know the rest.
I would expect any student doing that in school to be suspended also.
Touché'.

Ignorance
It's time for you to puff out your chest and show us all why you embrace that flag and what is noble about it.

I see. The question cannot be answered honestly. It's tough because we all know the answer and the old equivocation of "state's rights" is a losing one.

The state's right the confederacy sought to preserve was the state's right to permit citizens to hold human beings in perpetual slavery. Subsequent generations of Southerners used that feeble "state's rights" argument to deny citizens of their state's the right to vote, own property, engage in commerce and attend school.

It can be. I have no interest in talking to someone who already has their mind made up and is only trolling the thread. Very simple. I only discuss things with people who actually give a shit not the likes of you.

Prove it

Wrong.

The students take a stand only to exhibit their ignorance of the law, as does the OP.

Schools prohibiting the wearing of shirts with a 'confederate' flag does not constitute 'censorship,' nor does it violate the First Amendment.

In Hazelwood School District v. Kuhlmeier the Supreme Court held that the “[f]irst Amendment rights of students in the public schools are not automatically coextensive with the rights of adults in other settings, and must be applied in light of the special characteristics of the school environment. A school need not tolerate student speech that is inconsistent with its basic educational mission, even though the government could not censor similar speech outside the school.”

Clearly a flag used for decades to advocate for racism, hate, ignorance, and violence is “inconsistent with [a school's] basic educational mission,” which is to disseminate the values and mores of a free and democratic society, values and mores undoubtedly in conflict with what the flag represents.

And that the students might subjectively perceive the flag to not be racist, or a 'symbol of history' is irrelevant, where schools are authorized to make that final determination, and prohibit the speech in accordance with the Constitution.

Ignorance
It's time for you to puff out your chest and show us all why you embrace that flag and what is noble about it.
One Libtard,Two Libtards,Three Libtards what do they all have in common!? Just the fact that NONE of them have any idea of what the fuck they are talking about,their hatred for white people,their hatred for the south and its history,culture,pride etc.

It can be. I have no interest in talking to someone who already has their mind made up and is only trolling the thread. Very simple. I only discuss things with people who actually give a shit not the likes of you.
Are you projecting? Or are you unable to make a cogent argument?

Prove it

Wrong.

Ignorance
One Libtard,Two Libtards,Three Libtards what do they all have in common!? Just the fact that NONE of them have any idea of what the fuck they are talking about,their hatred for white people,their hatred for the south and its history,culture,pride etc.
Here's you big chance to make the killer argument. But you chose to deflect, project, rationalize and equivocate. Your credibility is eroding right before our eyes.

Are you saying today's Southerner's are those who fought and LOST the Civil War?

I c

Prove it

Wrong.

Here's you big chance to make the killer argument. But you chose to deflect, project, rationalize and equivocate. Your credibility is eroding right before our eyes.
I choose to ignore MORONS. Thanks for understanding.

Forum List

Back