🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

SWAT team throws stun grenade:lands in baby crib

Now why did a simple drug bust become a SWAT TEAM MISSION?

I really want some answers here because this is beyond strange but falling right into the over the top bullshit we are witnessing on a day to day militarization of our police forces. You know the guys that are sworn to protect us.

I really want some answers here because this is beyond strange but falling right into the over the top bullshit we are witnessing on a day to day militarization of our police forces. You know the guys that are sworn to protect us.

It became a SWAT mission because the suspect had already been convicted on firearms charges (according to the article)...making him a high risk arrest. Now, what those charges were, I don't know.

What if those charges were for an armed robbery? What if he had previously been arrested for resisting arrest or assault on an officer?

The person they were looking for was/ is a drug dealer and a low life criminal. He illegally makes a living and supports meth addicts who are equally as dangerous to the public. I personally think it would be incompetence if the cops were not cautious in their attempt to arrest this thug who put children in harms way.

As for a police state and the militarization of the police...remember this?

Cops are dealing with criminals with an increasing arsenal, protection and know how. Why wouldn't they prepare themselves and use extreme caution when dealing with any criminal?

Should we live in a nation where we let criminals roam free because it is too dangerous to arrest them?

Last edited by a moderator:
What was your point then?

I see you truly are that pathetic.

Carry on. I choose not to play with dishonest idiots who think disagreeing that cops should err on the side of caution equates to shooting everyone in site on routine calls.

Pathetic...absolutely pathetic.

I'm old. I go way back to Black Panther days. Do you know why the BP formed? Because the cops at the time became the army. They ruled. And people suffered.

I believe we are beginning to witness this again.

I don't think so...but I can appreciate why you believe that.

BTW...I do owe you an apology for saying you wouldn't give a shit if it were a black baby. That was an unfounded criticism and nonsense. Sorry.

(Excerpt)

The ACLU is generally considered a left-leaning organization; many members hail from the liberal side of the political spectrum. The fact that their champions in the Obama administration have continued the alarming trend of police militarization may get a pass from its supporters, but the ACLU has finally woken-up to the quiet Rambofication of our nation’s police departments . . .

On March 6th, ACLU affiliates in 23 states filed over 255 public records requests with law enforcement agencies and National Guard offices to determine the extent to which federal funding and support has fueled the militarization of state and local police departments. Stay tuned as this project develops.

The website lists ten chilling examples of police militarization gone wild:

> Police mistakenly shooting and killing a sleeping nine-year-old girl after they became confused by their flash bang grenade.

> A South Carolina county sheriff’s department whose equipment includes an armored personnel carrier complete with a belt-fed .50 machine gun

>Two SWAT teams who shut down a Colorado neighborhood for four hours searching for a man suspected of stealing a bicycle from Wally World.

> Police in Arkansas who planned to patrol streets wearing full SWAT gear carrying AR-15 rifles.

> New York Police admitted to using “counter-terrorist” methods to remove Occupy Wall Street Protesters

Obviously, the list of police abuses goes far beyond this. And no matter what you think of the ACLU’s defense of seemingly indefensible behavior, credit where credit’s due: the organization is like a dog with a bone. They will uncover previously hidden information about police militarization. Question is: what happens next?

ACLU Investigates Police Militarization | The Truth About Guns

(Close)

The force behind the wholly unnecessary and clearly intimidating militarization of our state and local police agencies is the billions of dollars in federal money channeled for this highly suspicious purpose. Why do civilian police agencies need clearly redundant weaponry -- such as the .50 machine guns and armored vehicles given to them by the federal government? And why the increasingly familiar military-style combat clothing and tactical gear, including special boots, special gloves, knee and elbow guards, special leg holsters -- and balaclava face masks? What the hell is that about? I was in the Marine Corps and we didn't have that kind of gear!

Evidently the federal government isn't satisfied with the National Guard for emergencies that call for such equipment. They aren't content with the available SWAT teams. Instead they seem determined to transform all police, at all levels, into one great big omnipotent SWAT team. And for what purpose? Obviously to protect and serve -- the One Percent and their puppet government officials.

America's civilian police have been turned into an army in service to the ruling class. And the real purpose of these unnecessary door-busting raids is both practice and an indoctrination exercise to condition the public to accepting such outlandish police state activity.

Those who remain oblivious to the unmistakable implications of this threat to their birthright liberties are urged to give some thought to why our pimp of a President has made it "legal" for him, or anyone he appoints, to quietly and secretly arrest any American citizen and detain him or her indefinitely without explanation. So we are looking at the suspension of Habeas Corpus and federalized militarization of state and local police, two steps in a very menacing direction.

Those who have been sleeping through this insidious metamorphosis of the American culture are urged to please wake up!

Just a point of clarification: "left-leaning" and "from the liberal side" are two different things. Acting against abuse by the State is in the realm of the latter.

The dismissals of Habeus Corpus as have occurred multiple times is neither left nor right but Authoritarian, which is in direct opposition to "Liberal".

Just to pre-empt the next wag already feverishly thrashing out a post to try to pin the tale on a donkey or an elephant. Otherwise, worthy thoughts.

Are you really that pathetic? Where did I say that or even give that impression? Nonsense hyperbole by you in no way proves your point.

Carry on. I choose not to play with dishonest idiots who think disagreeing that cops should err on the side of caution equates to shooting everyone in site on routine calls.

I guess that means I pegged it, and you are upset because it looks so stupid when I spell it out.

You, on the other hand, jump to defending the cop because he is the government, and the government is never wrong.

I have to observe, QW throws this same line ^^ at me indiscriminately -- which must make reading my posts in this thread extremely awkward. Not to mention those in the older thread I linked.

:rolleyes:

File under: Department of Thinking Things Through Before Posting...

Are you denying that he is unconditionally defending the cops in this thread?

It became a SWAT mission because the suspect had already been convicted on firearms charges (according to the article)...making him a high risk arrest. Now, what those charges were, I don't know.

What if those charges were for an armed robbery? What if he had previously been arrested for resisting arrest or assault on an officer?

The person they were looking for was/ is a drug dealer and a low life criminal. He illegally makes a living and supports meth addicts who are equally as dangerous to the public. I personally think it would be incompetence if the cops were not cautious in their attempt to arrest this thug who put children in harms way.

Cops are dealing with criminals with an increasing arsenal, protection and know how. Why wouldn't they prepare themselves and use extreme caution when dealing with any criminal?

Should we live in a nation where we let criminals roam free because it is too dangerous to arrest them?

Yet they found no firearms, or drugs, in the house.

It is all good though, they got to blow up a baby.

I guess that means I pegged it, and you are upset because it looks so stupid when I spell it out.

No, it means exactly what it says...you are pathetic.

You know this because you have all the facts, right? After all, cops never lie about whether or not they have a green light, or anything else.

Yeah...you have all the facts too...knowing that the cops lied and all. :doubt:

You think cops can do no right and you fear a police state. I don't agree we are in a police state and I will give the police the benefit of the doubt over a criminal drug dealer any day. I happen to believe in law and order...what about you?

Actually, I don't have any of the facts. I don't even know if the story is true, especially given the source. If there was a link I might figure out that the cop is telling the truth, or I might find out he is lying.

You, on the other hand, jump to defending the cop because he is the government, and the government is never wrong.

That said, anytime you throw a grenade simply because you can't see you are wrong.

Are you referring to the one where the cop had the green light? Considering the source?
I will give you a hint, I know who the kid is and his family. I still think he made a mistake. Witnesses also back up the cop had a green light.

The cops should not have thrown a grenade but I blame the parents and the drug dealer. I am so sick of people going after the cops but never mentioning the dumb fucks who caused it to happen. The parents knew they were dealing meth. They shouldn't have been there. They did this to their child.
I feel bad for the child not the stupid loser parents.

I have to observe, QW throws this same line ^^ at me indiscriminately -- which must make reading my posts in this thread extremely awkward. Not to mention those in the older thread I linked.

It's not a comment about him; it's a comment about you. I am noting that you toss the same line at me without due diligence, and this thread proves that wrong, so that makes your extrapolations in general highly questionable. It's too bad you've set it up that way since in this topic I'm more sympathetic to your position than his.

Boiled down to bare bones, it means you don't make your case when you shoot off such fireworks of hyperbolic stretch. You cheapen your own argument.

I've been making the same observation the whole time I've been here. It's just that this time I'm observing somebody else being the target. But it's the same fallacy.

You think cops can do no right and you fear a police state. I don't agree we are in a police state and I will give the police the benefit of the doubt over a criminal drug dealer any day. I happen to believe in law and order...what about you?

Actually, I don't have any of the facts. I don't even know if the story is true, especially given the source. If there was a link I might figure out that the cop is telling the truth, or I might find out he is lying.

That said, anytime you throw a grenade simply because you can't see you are wrong.

Are you referring to the one where the cop had the green light? Considering the source?
I will give you a hint, I know who the kid is and his family. I still think he made a mistake. Witnesses also back up the cop had a green light.

The cops should not have thrown a grenade but I blame the parents and the drug dealer. I am so sick of people going after the cops but never mentioning the dumb fucks who caused it to happen. The parents knew they were dealing meth. They shouldn't have been there. They did this to their child.

I'm telling you right now person posting that thinks they are a liberal. Abbie and Jerry are spinning in their mother fucking graves.

You are the reason I left the Democrats. You don't understand what you should be about at all.

It's parents fault. It's the babys fault. Un mother freaking real.

And I still don't see a link, and thus have none of the facts.

It's not a comment about him; it's a comment about you. I am noting that you toss the same line at me without due diligence, and this thread proves that wrong, so that makes your extrapolations in general highly questionable. It's too bad you've set it up that way since in this topic I'm more sympathetic to your position than his.

Boiled down to bare bones, it means you don't make your case when you shoot off such fireworks of hyperbolic stretch. You cheapen your own argument.

I've been making the same observation the whole time I've been here. It's just that this time I'm observing somebody else being the target. But it's the same fallacy.

What's your point? That I am right?

[...]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsOWSDtxERU

If the example you've referenced were a common event there might be some justification for militarizing the police. But it isn't common. In fact it is uniquely exceptional. So the bottom line is the police are not expected to deal effectively with something like that -- or even attempt to.

If I were one of those LAPD cops, once I saw what was happening I would be safely perched on one knee behind the engine block and front wheels of my patrol vehicle and using my radio to tell the dispatcher there are two heavily armored bank robbers with machine guns leaving the scene and SWAT is needed here. If those two guys were harming some innocent I might be inclined to risk my safety. But since they had simply robbed a bank -- I am not inclined to unnecessarily risk my safety getting into a shoot-out with overwhelmingly superior adversaries on behalf of some bankers or their insurance company. A bank with that much cash on hand should have more protection on hand than one guard with a holstered .38 revolver.

Of course not. But that is not the case in the vast majority of examples. And the exceptionally rare example cited above is not sufficient cause to militarize the Nation's civilian police agencies.

And I still don't see a link, and thus have none of the facts.

You are a moron.

"The frantic deputy told a witness at the accident he had been going 60 mph to a domestic violence call. He even had a green light, saw the kid and tried to steer out of the way."
http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/washington-hits-teen-bicyclist-60-mph-article-1.1805264

Do you want to make excuses for the loser parents and drug addicts while you are at it?

I'm telling you right now person posting that thinks they are a liberal. Abbie and Jerry are spinning in their mother fucking graves.

You are the reason I left the Democrats. You don't understand what you should be about at all.

It's parents fault. It's the babys fault. Un mother freaking real.

It's the baby's fault? Learn how to read.
You put your child in a drug house, something is going to happen. Cons always preach about taking personal responsibility.... Until they have to take personal responsibility.
I would live in a shelter before I put my son in a meth house. End of story. Loser parents and drug addicts need to take responsibility for their actions.
If a cop shoots some loser meth head here, which they like to do, I could care less. The loser usually attacked them or pulled a gun on them. I don't even like cops, but I am sick of low life drug addicts.

Holy toledo this is outrageous.

article-2643344-1E52023300000578-751_306x495.jpg

Baby after. I am just disgusted and appalled over this.

article-2643344-1E52023800000578-215_306x495.jpg

Sounds like a job for self-appointed-savior-of-all-things-baby Nancy Grace to me.

That video shows the stupidity of taking a pistol to a machine gun fight. Those cops and/or a citizen in the area could've taken out the perps with a deer rifle in two shots.

It's the baby's fault? Learn how to read.

You put your child in a drug house, something is going to happen. Cons always preach about taking personal responsibility.... Until they have to take personal responsibility.
I would live in a shelter before I put my son in a meth house. End of story. Loser parents and drug addicts need to take responsibility for their actions.

If a cop shoots some loser meth head here, which they like to do, I could care less. The loser usually attacked them or pulled a gun on them. I don't even like cops, but I am sick of low life drug addicts.
We don't know the full circumstances in this situation. All we have are news reports which rely on information obtained from the police -- who are obliged to convey the impression they were dealing with a dangerous drug cartel leader when it could be this guy is some low-rent ex-con hustler trying to make a few bucks dealing some weed or a few dimes of meth. One story I've read is the baby belonged to a visiting relative of the wife who knew nothing about any drug-dealing. These are not upper middle class people so we can't model their circumstances on that standard. Some of them are twenty bucks away from being homeless.

If such circumstances were not so very common we might have cause to believe what the cops are saying. But the fact is these wholly unnecessary, overly aggressive break-ins are happening at an alarming rate. 44,000 last year. That's about an average of 120 a day, every day, all over the Nation.

Here are the facts:

SWAT Fever: It's Epidemic (Sorry About The Dogs) - Raw Fisher

More Militarized Than the Military | The Agitator

No-knock "drug war" warrant = dead dogs, ruined home - Gordon Wagner - Open Salon

Cato Map on SWAT Raids
Botched Paramilitary Police Raids | Cato Institute

Last edited:
OP wouldn't give a shit if it were a black baby. The police had a warrant for a piece of shit criminal. It is the criminal's fault. Not the polices.

What the hell is this shit that I wouldn't care if it was a black baby? I'm increasingly worried about the militarization of the police. On many levels.

Now to "its the criminals fault". What a pant load. A SWAT team is assembled over some drugs purchased in the afternoon from one individual? How over the top is that? Let alone the SWAT team going hell bent for leather to arrest one individual in a house full of people in the middle of the night?

That is excessive force by any stretch of the imagination.

It is the natural progression of a country that is unwilling to rein in military weapons for civilians.

Thank the NRA and the Republicans.

Forum List

Back