🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Swedish Spring: Citizens demand national conversation on migrant crimes after top cop goes public

When you think about what he said, then what is in italics changes nothing.

He said "ban Muslims and all things Islamic". Think about that. He is calling for banning an entire religion in the United States. He's not talking about banning travelers. He's talking about banning Muslims and "all things Islamic" in this country. When you consider that Tilly, does the "until" make any difference?

There is something else to consider. Reciprocity.

There are a number of countries that do NOT have religious freedom - Myanmar and Russia for example. Not just Muslim countries though ME countries are among the worst. Worldwide there has been a disturbing decrease in religious freedom and tolerance.

Many people, including Muslims, are trying to leave because of persecution, or extreme religiousity. We have international students, including one Iranian (Muslim) man who is trying to get a green card and another who is an Iranian Kurd. They don't wish to return to Iran because they don't "get along with" the Mullahs. And they are Muslim.

Another thing to consider is what would be the effect of such a vast ban - would it change anything in those countries? I think probably not. You don't change cultures overnight, and when you back them into corners nationalism raises it's head and cooperation disappears along with any leverage you might have. Look at Saudi Arabia - the most conservative religious state in the world, especially in regards to women. Yet, slowly, they are changing and allowing women a few more rights. Did we enforce a travel ban? Sanctions? A country like Saudi Arabia is caught between competing powers - clerics, rulers, and the culture of the population. Any social changes require a degree of coordination between the rulers and the clerics - if they push too hard, the clerics clamp down. But slowly women are gaining a few rights. I have no doubt there are plenty of behind the scenes carrot and stick discussions between western governments and Saudi rulers to help encourage change as well as the difference social media and world wide internet make in a culture. Saudi has a long ways to go, obviously - but do you think a ban on "Muslims and all things Islamic" would make a difference or would anger them, and close the door to change?

If you're going to criticize others for being "dishonest", I suggest you look at your own house first. Look at how you accuse others of taking positions they do not take (like about rape) or how you support posters who do that sort of thing relentlessly with your "agreement". Clean your own house first.
Yes the word UNTIL makes a huge difference. I'm astonished it took yet again another yard and a half of your nonsnense for you to convince yourself that it is just fine to ignore specific words and two thirds of a post in order to justify your dishonesty. Wait....did I say astonished? Lol.

What difference does it make?

The poster is calling for a ban on all Muslims and all things Islamic in the United States. Do you support it?

Thank you, at least, for making me realize attempting to address your posts with any degree of thought or seriousness is a complete waste of time.

NOT THIS POSTER ISN'T CALLING FOR IT STOP MAKING UP BS LIES UNLESS YOU ARE MEANING THE WRITER ON THE SITE WHERE THE ARTICLE COMES FROM GAWD HELP YOU...

Mindwars, if you had followed the conversation instead of just jumping into the dogpile, you would realize which poster I was referring to, and it is not you nor the writer of the article. It was theHawk, in post#6 who made that comment.

OK you could be right on that idea " following"..... ooooopsie ((( hugs))))

:smiliehug:

How did you miss the part that followed what you bolded? Here, I've italicised it for you:

"Western countries need to ban Muslims and all things Islamic, until every Muslim country in the Middle East allows Christians, Jews, Hindu, Buddhists, and other non-Muslims all the rights of their own citizens and freedom to worship."

We should be pushing for reciprocity. Nothing wrong with that idea. You really should try to be less dishonest and stop cherry picking a fraction of someone's post whilst ignoring the rest.

He said "ban Muslims and all things Islamic". Think about that. He is calling for banning an entire religion in the United States. He's not talking about banning travelers. He's talking about banning Muslims and "all things Islamic" in this country. When you consider that Tilly, does the "until" make any difference?

There are a number of countries that do NOT have religious freedom - Myanmar and Russia for example. Not just Muslim countries though ME countries are among the worst. Worldwide there has been a disturbing decrease in religious freedom and tolerance.

Many people, including Muslims, are trying to leave because of persecution, or extreme religiousity. We have international students, including one Iranian (Muslim) man who is trying to get a green card and another who is an Iranian Kurd. They don't wish to return to Iran because they don't "get along with" the Mullahs. And they are Muslim.

Another thing to consider is what would be the effect of such a vast ban - would it change anything in those countries? I think probably not. You don't change cultures overnight, and when you back them into corners nationalism raises it's head and cooperation disappears along with any leverage you might have. Look at Saudi Arabia - the most conservative religious state in the world, especially in regards to women. Yet, slowly, they are changing and allowing women a few more rights. Did we enforce a travel ban? Sanctions? A country like Saudi Arabia is caught between competing powers - clerics, rulers, and the culture of the population. Any social changes require a degree of coordination between the rulers and the clerics - if they push too hard, the clerics clamp down. But slowly women are gaining a few rights. I have no doubt there are plenty of behind the scenes carrot and stick discussions between western governments and Saudi rulers to help encourage change as well as the difference social media and world wide internet make in a culture. Saudi has a long ways to go, obviously - but do you think a ban on "Muslims and all things Islamic" would make a difference or would anger them, and close the door to change?

If you're going to criticize others for being "dishonest", I suggest you look at your own house first. Look at how you accuse others of taking positions they do not take (like about rape) or how you support posters who do that sort of thing relentlessly with your "agreement". Clean your own house first.
Yes the word UNTIL makes a huge difference. I'm astonished it took yet again another yard and a half of your nonsnense for you to convince yourself that it is just fine to ignore specific words and two thirds of a post in order to justify your dishonesty. Wait....did I say astonished? Lol.

The poster is calling for a ban on all Muslims and all things Islamic in the United States. Do you support it?

Thank you, at least, for making me realize that attempting to address your posts with any degree of thought or discussion is a complete waste of time.
UNTIL they start treating others with the same respect and tolerance they want and demand for themselves. UNTIL. do you get it yet? We certainly aren't encouraging them to become more tolerant by ignoring this huge issue. That is wrong, and you either have serious comprehension issues or you are a very dishonest person. Actually, I'm going for both.

UNTIL they tolerate and respect other religions and cultures the way they expect to be tolerated and respected. UNTIL

until
ənˈtɪl/
preposition & conjunction
preposition: until; conjunction: until
  1. up to (the point in time or the event mentioned).
    "the kidnappers have given us until October 11th to deliver the documents"
    synonyms: till, up to, up till, up until, as late as, up to the time of/that, until such time as, pending; More

Dear God, it's like trying to explain something to a retarded 5 yr old. SMH. Lol.

130,000 sign up for Facebook support page in less than a week

It’s being called the “Swedish Spring”; a groundswell of support for a top cop who went public on the epidemic of crimes being committed by Muslim migrants which has led to Swedes demanding a national conversation on the issue.

“Swedish Spring”: Citizens Demand National Conversation on Migrant Crimes After Top Cop Goes Public

---------------------------

But don't worry it's all a conspiracy because CNN,MSN, Maxine Water's , Obama, ABC aren't reporting it so do't worry it's all pretend..

We need more Breiviks, Muslims need to made to feel as unwelcome in the west as westerns are in Muslim nations.

Western countries need to ban Muslims and all things Islamic, until every Muslim country in the Middle East allows Christians, Jews, Hindu, Buddhists, and other non-Muslims all the rights of their own citizens and freedom to worship.

Well...at least some folks are honest, you and all those who agree with you.

Ban Muslims and all things Islamic.

Act like the other barbaric countries that are intolerant and repressive - regardless of our ideals and the behavior of individuals.

Thank you for at least finally being honest about it and not pretending it's just about Islamic extremists.
How did you miss the part that followed what you bolded? Here, I've italicised it for you:

"Western countries need to ban Muslims and all things Islamic, until every Muslim country in the Middle East allows Christians, Jews, Hindu, Buddhists, and other non-Muslims all the rights of their own citizens and freedom to worship."

We should be pushing for reciprocity. Nothing wrong with that idea.

Yes, like the U.S. adopting the same immigration laws as Mexico has for themselves; then they can't whine about anything. They really have nothing to whine about now anyway. Of course, this is never going to happen in Islamo-Land, this 'reciprocity' idea thing, as the Koran doesn't allow it.

You really should try to be less dishonest and stop cherry picking a fraction of someone's post whilst ignoring the rest.

That's because the reality of Islam doesn't favor the propaganda they peddle; there really is no comparison between it and Christianity, which is why context is to be avoided at all cost; there is no comparison of Islam with anything but the worst of Nazism, it's greatest western admirer and spawn being Adolph Hitler. He still is a best selling author in Islamic countries, especially the ME, and Hitler coloring books for children are sold even on supermarket shelves there.

Thank you, at least, for making me realize that attempting to address your posts with any degree of thought or discussion is a complete waste of time.
UNTIL they start treating others with the same respect and tolerance they want and demand for themselves. UNTIL. do you get it yet? We certainly aren't encouraging them to become more tolerant by ignoring this huge issue. That is wrong, and you either have serious comprehension issues or you are a very dishonest person. Actually, I'm going for both.

UNTIL they tolerate and respect other religions and cultures the way they expect to be tolerated and respected. UNTIL

until
ənˈtɪl/
    synonyms: till, up to, up till, up until, as late as, up to the time of/that, until such time as, pending; More

Dear God, it's like trying to explain something to a retarded 5 yr old. SMH. Lol.

Ok. It's quite clear you either cannot or will not answer a simple straightforward question: The poster is calling for a ban on all Muslims and all things Islamic in the United States. Do you support it?

"Until" is meaningless when you are calling for a measure that strips the civil rights and freedoms from a segment of American citizens. "Until" didn't help the interned Japanese either, when they lost their homes, savings, and jobs during internment. "Until" means nothing when you're talking about such drastic actions.

All you've done is redirect, deflect and resort to insults.

Your evasion is noteworthy, so there is no need to ask yet again. You've given your answer. I'm done with you :lol:

:night:

until
ənˈtɪl/

Ok. It's quite clear you either cannot or will not answer a simple straightforward question: The poster is calling for a ban on all Muslims and all things Islamic in the United States. Do you support it?

"Until" is meaningless when you are calling for a measure that strips the civil rights and freedoms from a segment of American citizens. "Until" didn't help the interned Japanese either, when they lost their homes, savings, and jobs during internment. "Until" means nothing when you're talking about such drastic actions.

All you've done is redirect, deflect and resort to insults.

Your evasion is noteworthy, so there is no need to ask yet again. You've given your answer. I'm done with you :lol:

:night:
You've been caught out again misrepresenting what people say. I'm not surprised you're a bit miffed! Between your NYT fake news posts and your constant lies about posters being exposed, you must be feeling a bit silly too. Lol. Nighty night :bye1:

It came from Infowars, so how the hell are we supposed to have a serious discussion about something that was likely made up? Post a real link or GTFO.
The story about the cop has been in the UK media.
That's not possible. Anything reported in Infowars must be a lie (sarc. the Left doesn't get sarcasm, so I have to point it out)

Well you know how people's eyes might burn out if they actually go to the site and click those magical links that goes to a totally different web site where the articles originate from. That is to scary for moron liberals bhaah
How about you just post the real link to start with, instead of making a hundred people do it every time you make a thread. It'll save countless man-hours.

It’s being called the “Swedish Spring”; a groundswell of support for a top cop who went public on the epidemic of crimes being committed by Muslim migrants which has led to Swedes demanding a national conversation on the issue.

“Swedish Spring”: Citizens Demand National Conversation on Migrant Crimes After Top Cop Goes Public

But don't worry it's all a conspiracy because CNN,MSN, Maxine Water's , Obama, ABC aren't reporting it so do't worry it's all pretend..

We need more Breiviks, Muslims need to made to feel as unwelcome in the west as westerns are in Muslim nations.

Western countries need to ban Muslims and all things Islamic, until every Muslim country in the Middle East allows Christians, Jews, Hindu, Buddhists, and other non-Muslims all the rights of their own citizens and freedom to worship.

Act like the other barbaric countries that are intolerant and repressive - regardless of our ideals and the behavior of individuals.

Thank you for at least finally being honest about it and not pretending it's just about Islamic extremists.

We should be pushing for reciprocity. Nothing wrong with that idea. You really should try to be less dishonest and stop cherry picking a fraction of someone's post whilst ignoring the rest.

It's interesting that you selectively apply this standard of a "muslim ban".

In the late 80s, we offered automatic refugee status of all "Russian Jews" because they were being persecuted.

How is it okay to allow a specified religion into the country, and give them special treatment, but not to deny a specified religion and to subject them to special treatment?

What happens when the movie theater in your town blows up? I would suggest that failing to take ALL steps necessary to ensure the safety of your children is a direct abdication of your responsibility as a parent.

It's interesting that you selectively apply this standard of a "muslim ban".

In the late 80s, we offered automatic refugee status of all "Russian Jews" because they were being persecuted.

How is it okay to allow a specified religion into the country, and give them special treatment, but not to deny a specified religion and to subject them to special treatment?

What happens when the movie theater in your town blows up? I would suggest that failing to take ALL steps necessary to ensure the safety of your children is a direct abdication of your responsibility as a parent.

I think you are missing the point. My comments were in response to a poster that called for "banning all Muslims and all things Islamic" from the United states. That means banning an entire religion from the US - it's adherents, it's books, it's mosques etc. This isn't about a travel ban.

here, have a look at what breivik accomplished, you horrible cuntbag.

Norway shooting victims: the 77 dead in pictures

Just why is the immature name calling necessary?

Do you feel better now that you've done that?
Very telling, snowflake. I guess the curse word is really offensive to you, unlike worshipping a murderer and calling for more massacres. That is ok, eh? Fuck off, whiner.

here, have a look at what breivik accomplished, you horrible cuntbag.

Norway shooting victims: the 77 dead in pictures

Just why is the immature name calling necessary?

Do you feel better now that you've done that?
Very telling, snowflake. I guess the curse word is really offensive to you, unlike worshipping a murderer and calling for more massacres. That is ok, eh? Fuck off, whiner.

Yeah, you're right. The word IS offensive to me. Well, not exactly the word .. more like:

I am offended by stupidity. I am offended by ignorance. I am offended by hatred. I am offended that you are so stupid that you can't put a coherent statement together without resorting to childish and sophomoric insults. I am offended that you have so little respect for others, so little regard for yourself, that you feel it permissible to resort to ugly, vulgar insults like that.

In short, I am not offended by the word ... but i AM offended by YOU.

That is disgusting.

A mass murderer who gunned down innocent kids because of hate. And that people actually agree with that and "winner" it is astounding.

That is disgusting.

A mass murderer who gunned down innocent kids because of hate. And that people actually agree with that and "winner" it is astounding.

I feel no more sympathy for dead Muslims than I do for dead Nazis both are adherents to a violent, genocidal, totalitarian ideology which have no place in the modern western world, those "kids" were no different than Hitler youth.

Forum List

Back