Swiss Army Knife New Scales

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Back when my dad passed one of the things I found in the truck I inherited was an old Swiss Army Knife with the scale on one side completely gone and the other scale curling up on one end.

Swiss Army 1.jpg

Swiss Army 2.jpg

I put it away and forgot about it until recently and began looking for replacement scales and a replacement for the missing toothpick. I quickly discovered mine is a Wenger, the original Swiss Army Knife maker. Victorinox bought them out many moons ago and has since stopped production of the Wenger line. Replacement toothpicks are non existent and only one company that I'm familiar with makes brand new scales. The scales are custom so they ain't cheap, typically around $50 for a set. SAK who sells them had had a set of Desert Ironwood ones on sale so I bought those.
Again I set the knife to the side with the scales for about a month while I was busy with other projects. Finally grabbed some jeweler's glue, attached the scales with a wood vise press and here is the finished knife.

Swiss Army 3.jpg

Swiss Army 4.jpg

Back when my dad passed one of the things I found in the truck I inherited was an old Swiss Army Knife with the scale on one side completely gone and the other scale curling up on one end.

View attachment 980331

View attachment 980332

I put it away and forgot about it until recently and began looking for replacement scales and a replacement for the missing toothpick. I quickly discovered mine is a Wenger, the original Swiss Army Knife maker. Victorinox bought them out many moons ago and has since stopped production of the Wenger line. Replacement toothpicks are non existent and only one company that I'm familiar with makes brand new scales. The scales are custom so they ain't cheap, typically around $50 for a set. SAK who sells them had had a set of Desert Ironwood ones on sale so I bought those.
Again I set the knife to the side with the scales for about a month while I was busy with other projects. Finally grabbed some jeweler's glue, attached the scales with a wood vise press and here is the finished knife.

View attachment 980347

View attachment 980349
Your Dad would be proud

I keep checking EBay for the toothpicks and wouldn't ya know, suddenly there's a batch available. Someone must have found another stash somewhere. Immediately ordered one!

For those who are interested here's what to look for on Swiss Army Knives to distinguish between Victorinox and Wenger.

Wenger_and_Victorinox_Logos_600x600.jpg

Also the sizes of the knives are different so the parts are not interchangeable.

For those who are interested here's what to look for on Swiss Army Knives to distinguish between Victorinox and Wenger.

Wenger_and_Victorinox_Logos_600x600.jpg

Also the sizes of the knives are different so the parts are not interchangeable.
I always thought the toothpicks were interchangeable
One size fits all

Are the older ones made of plastic?

View attachment 980331

View attachment 980332

View attachment 980347

View attachment 980349
We can get spares in the UK

Screenshot_20240720-201028.png

We can get spares in the UK

View attachment 980498
Victorinox parts are everywhere and cheap. The one I have is an original Wenger, the first company that made the Swiss Army Knife. Wenger was eventually bought out by Victorinox but the Wenger line was discontinued. Parts for each manufacturer are not interchangeable and Wenger parts are becoming more and more scarce.

Forum List

Back