Synagogue Vandalized in Jerusalem

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
Bnei Akiva counselors who arrived at the headquarters of the group’s Shunra branch in Jerusalem on Tuesday morning were horrified to discover that the center, which includes a synagogue, had been badly vandalized.

Arutz Sheva spoke to branch manager Dana Amar, who said the vandalism included “destruction of property and graphic images. Even in our synagogue.”

“They opened the ark [where Torah scrolls are stored – ed.] and took the Torah scroll out of its covering. Apparently they also broke into the supply room and took things out.”

The Torah scroll had been flung to the ground.

Among the graphic images on the walls was writing in Arabic. Amar said it was not clear who had carried out the attack, but noted that construction workers doing a project in the building above may have had access to the area.

Synagogue Vandalized in Jerusalem - Inside Israel - News - Israel National News

----------------

m1522.gif

Bnei Akiva counselors who arrived at the headquarters of the group’s Shunra branch in Jerusalem on Tuesday morning were horrified to discover that the center, which includes a synagogue, had been badly vandalized.

Arutz Sheva spoke to branch manager Dana Amar, who said the vandalism included “destruction of property and graphic images. Even in our synagogue.”

“They opened the ark [where Torah scrolls are stored – ed.] and took the Torah scroll out of its covering. Apparently they also broke into the supply room and took things out.”

Among the graphic images on the walls was writing in Arabic. Amar said it was not clear who had carried out the attack, but noted that construction workers doing a project in the building above may have had access to the area.

----------------

m1522.gif

Whoa! There ought to be some serious punishment coming to the perpetrators of that crime. Please G-d they are caught.

Sweet_Caroline, Lipush, et al,

This doesn't strike me as "pure vandalism."

----------------

m1522.gif

Whoa! There ought to be some serious punishment coming to the perpetrators of that crime. Please G-d they are caught.
(COMMENT)

This suggests to me that it is all about attempting to incite a major event, such that the "talks" will be suspended. (Diplomatic sabotage through asymmetric means.)

Most Respectfully,
R

----------------

m1522.gif

I agree with irosie91 on the issue of graffiti.
It's a non issue, nothing, no need to worry.
Just wipe it off.

Oh shit, it's Jewish victims.
Quick, call the police, the army, do an air strike on Gaza; punishment, they need serious punishment.

how do you guys know who did it? There is grafitti
on my house-----If I complained to the cops "THE ARABS
DID IT"-----they would laugh in my face Actually ----just
at the word "grafitti" they would laugh in my face"......................

...........Grafitti can be easily cured-----just wipe it off----
was there any damage to the monastery?

in my town "grafitti" never makes the news----
even vandalisms at cemetaries no longer make
the news ------any confirmation of this report from
a reputable source?

----------------

m1522.gif

(COMMENT)

This suggests to me that it is all about attempting to incite a major event, such that the "talks" will be suspended. (Diplomatic sabotage through asymmetric means.)

Most Respectfully,
R

I doubt it. The "talks" won't be suspended at all because of this. You aren't Jewish, you don't understand the importance of this vandalism. Although serious, Israel won't let the talks be suspended as it will take a different sort of event to do that.

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

I doubt it. The "talks" won't be suspended at all because of this. You aren't Jewish, you don't understand the importance of this vandalism. Although serious, Israel won't let the talks be suspended as it will take a different sort of event to do that.

I agree that Rocco is actually wrong on this one - hey, it had to happen sooner or later (his being in error, I mean)..... This is a very mean-spirited act, a shameful one - but it represents only some hateful individuals. Perhaps the vandals did have the thought of disrupting the peace talk pre-negotiations (or has it moved on to 'foreplay' by now? ) - but this wouldn't do it. Nobody but the very most extreme reactionaries among Israelis would blame all the Palestinians for this vandalism.

Yes, it was a highly shocking incident, and very serious, but there is no way it will disrupt the peace talks. Israel has sacrificed so much with the pre-conditions to the start of talks that this won't affect it.

----------------

m1522.gif

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

Mr R.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Mr R----your suggestion is intriguing-----the damage to the monastery
a few days ago-----was actually---trivial. Damage to "attacked mosques"
has----in the few years I have followed such events ----also been trivial----
but THIS attack included an attack on that which ----some persons might
assume would cause jews to become OUT OF CONTROL in the same manner
that some muslims go out of control if a copy of the koran gets flushed.

Somehow ---whoever wished to do the provoking---seemed to have
failed to actually damage that torah scroll. I wonder why----torah scrolls
are not difficult to UNFURL for those who know how----but could be
a tricky thing for the inexperienced----- I,, somehow,, have an image
in my mind of two or three guys trying to figure it out-----and
giving up-----so opting to just throw it down. the thought entertains
me like a Key-stone-cop comedy

I remain---
Yours verytruly
rosie

Last edited by a moderator:
the damage to the monastery
a few days ago-----was actually---trivial.

And about the same as happened to this dump, just without the petrol bomb.
But this was an attack on God's chosen victims so requires punishment, no, severe punishment.

torah scrolls are not difficult to UNFURL

That is good news...........................A good supply of toilet rolls.
Are they soft on the arse? :eusa_whistle: :D

But this was an attack on God's chosen victims so requires punishment, no, severe punishment.

Give us more Fred----you are telling us just who you are.
In fact I did not mention anything at all about "severe
punishment"-----but that is ok you are just being
your mendacious self. A few people did mention the
fact that as a "PROVOCATION" ----this action---will simply
not work------why? -----because jews do not react to such
actions in the same manner that monkeys and dogs react
to the flushing of a cheap printied volume of crappy
nonsense ----I do recall---that in reaction to a simple
line drawing of one of the monkey/dog heroes-----
two children were trampled to death by the maddened
monkeys and dogs in Pakistan.

If you are waiting for a similar reaction in Israel---do not
hold your breath.

how many carvings of saints and various other pieces
of sacred art do you think went down in the past
month----in egypt?-----how many went down in the
past ten years in Indonesia ?

An interesting bit of history from my town----lots
of meccaists here-----enclaved. and lots
of Italian catholics here---enclaved.. Somehow
the relatively recent arrivial of the meccaists was
marked by vandalism against innocent little
garden decorations depicting MARY----carved in
white stone -------Jews and Italians lived in this
town together for about 150 years----in the
early years----no one ever heard of attacks on
those little white statues---then the meccaists
showed up. Can you explain to me what the
meccaists have against Mary's nose?

Give us more Fred----you are telling us just who you are.
In fact I did not mention anything at all about "severe
punishment"-----but that is ok you are just being
your mendacious self.

You did not; I replied to another post but used your previously stated opinion as I agree with it.

A bit of paint, whilst making a mess, is hardly going to destroy the place.

My own opinion goes something like this.
To damage history and/or a place of worship is nothing short of pure stupidity.
That applies to the fools in the Taliban who destroyed Buddha statutes, the extremists in Indonesia who want to destroy the Borobudur temples and even idiot vandals who splash paint around.
I really don't care who does it to what place, its all bad news but more so if it's history and/or a religious establishment.

Forum List

Back