Syria Is Going to be Bombed to Hell in the Next 24 Hours

Bring him to the Hague. Don't destroy the country.

Who is advocating for destroying the country?

If you remove Assad thats exactly whats going to happen.
It's a challenge to Russia and it's an opportunity for the US and Russia to come to terms to end the fighting in Syria. After Obama, Putin has no respect for the US, but after Assad, he will, and then diplomacy is possible.

This is saber rattling by the super powers.
If you read into whats been going on you get tonnes of mixed signals.
You have Putin claiming it can shoot down US missiles yet with Trumps warning of missiles that are coming their way Putin is pulling troops from Syria.
If he's able as he claims to be able to shoot down US missiles why remove his troops?
Actually, Putin hasn't said anything and no one knows if the lower Russian officials who have been talking have cleared their comments with Putin. The S-400 is an excellent system that can shoot down many missiles, making an attack more costly, but it cannot shoot down all of them and cannot stop the attack.

Do you actually believe news can come out of russia without the approval of Putin?

Grr! I'm gonna go get some ammo, and maybe bottled water. Okay, definitely bottled water. And I'm going to get as much as I can stored at the house, too.

WTF?
You dont already have that on hand?
I have eighty gallons of drinking water plus 15k gallons of pool water that can be purified with a few drops of bleach.
Four months of food which I'm upping to six months and 6k rounds for the AR and 3k rounds for the .45.
This of course doesnt include the hundreds of rounds each for my 15 firearms.

Get prepared Man!

I am not prepped. :(

But I do have bleach and my neighbor's pool! :D

What "Assad aggression", Neocon warmonger? Proof?

Assad aggression against the Daesh? I have no problem with that.

sorry to disappoint maid marion, but this issue will not be litigated for your usmb approval. :itsok:

When Assad used illegal chemical weapons in the past, most notoriously in eastern Ghouta where up to 1,700 people died in a 2013 sarin nerve gas attack, the US failed to enforce what Barack Obama called a red line. Obama was undoubtedly influenced by the British parliament’s vote against military action in August that year. Since then, ignoring Russia’s worthless guarantees, the regime has used chemical weapons, including mustard gas, again and again – culminating in Saturday’s horrific chlorine attack in Douma. Last year, Donald Trump was so upset by photos of gassed children, he ordered a limited missile strike. Assad shrugged it off. Trump should know better now. One feel-good bomb-fest does not a strategy make.

And before anybody claims chlorine gas is not the same as a highly toxic nerve agent, note that the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), about which we have heard a lot lately, holds that “any chemical” repurposed for an attack “is considered a chemical weapon by the [1997 chemical weapons] convention”.

Calls to wait for yet another UN investigation amount to irresponsible obfuscation. Only the Syrian regime and its Russian backers have the assets and the motivation to launch such merciless attacks on civilian targets. Or did all those writhing children imagine the gas?

It's a challenge to Russia and it's an opportunity for the US and Russia to come to terms to end the fighting in Syria. After Obama, Putin has no respect for the US, but after Assad, he will, and then diplomacy is possible.

You have Putin claiming it can shoot down US missiles yet with Trumps warning of missiles that are coming their way Putin is pulling troops from Syria.
If he's able as he claims to be able to shoot down US missiles why remove his troops?
Actually, Putin hasn't said anything and no one knows if the lower Russian officials who have been talking have cleared their comments with Putin. The S-400 is an excellent system that can shoot down many missiles, making an attack more costly, but it cannot shoot down all of them and cannot stop the attack.

Do you actually believe news can come out of russia without the approval of Putin?
Yes, by Anti Russia spew bots!

Well, it was the Russian ambassador to Lebanon who was being interviewed on a Hezbollah TV station that made the original claim Russia would shoot down US missiles and bomb US launch sites, so, Yeah, I think that was probably off the cuff.

Grr! I'm gonna go get some ammo, and maybe bottled water. Okay, definitely bottled water. And I'm going to get as much as I can stored at the house, too.

WTF?
You dont already have that on hand?
I have eighty gallons of drinking water plus 15k gallons of pool water that can be purified with a few drops of bleach.
Four months of food which I'm upping to six months and 6k rounds for the AR and 3k rounds for the .45.
This of course doesnt include the hundreds of rounds each for my 15 firearms.

Get prepared Man!

I am not prepped. :(

But I do have bleach and my neighbor's pool! :D

Whether it's needed or not it gives me a sense of security.
The water is easy. Call Ozarka or whatever your supplier may be and order four or five five gallon jugs of water and then back off on your order and maintain your supply through rotation.
Food of course is easy as is ammo.

Yes, by Anti Russia spew bots!

And who would that be?

Well, it was the Russian ambassador to Lebanon who was being interviewed on a Hezbollah TV station that made the original claim Russia would shoot down US missiles and bomb US launch sites, so, Yeah, I think that was probably off the cuff.

He didnt say that without approval from the Kremlin.

We cannot permit Assad to get away with his crimes. We MUST punish him. I hope we kill him.
So you’ve got the evidence that he gassed the people? What did he stand to gain by doing that now?
Oh and he’s been committing ‘crimes’ for years - blowing people and babies into small pieces is also pretty disgusting.
Why must WE (I include European countries) punish him?
What is the aim of this endeavour?

I'm assuming Assad gassed those people and I'm assuming that we DO have the evidence. If I am correct on both, then we must give Assad the ass-kicking of the century in order to dissuade him and others from doing this in the future. At this point, we should be working to overthrow Assad and we should form a coalition with our allies to make it happen. He needs to go.
IF.
ASSUMING.
Wouldn’t you like more evidence for once?
And when he’s ‘gone’ - what then? Got a nice benevolent Islamic leader waiting in the wings? The next ones are always better, aren’t they?

A few days ago I was all for getting out of Syria. Unfortunately, it seems that Assad is forcing our hand. Why do you believe Assad isn't behind it and what evidence have you seen?
I don’t see what he had to gain from doing this now. Do you?
Good question.

Assad would have nothing to gain and everything to lose. This story makes no sense.

He didnt say that without approval from the Kremlin.
We haven't heard anything directly from the Kremlin, so I'm inclined to think he did.

So you’ve got the evidence that he gassed the people? What did he stand to gain by doing that now?
Oh and he’s been committing ‘crimes’ for years - blowing people and babies into small pieces is also pretty disgusting.
Why must WE (I include European countries) punish him?
What is the aim of this endeavour?

I'm assuming Assad gassed those people and I'm assuming that we DO have the evidence. If I am correct on both, then we must give Assad the ass-kicking of the century in order to dissuade him and others from doing this in the future. At this point, we should be working to overthrow Assad and we should form a coalition with our allies to make it happen. He needs to go.
IF.
ASSUMING.
And when he’s ‘gone’ - what then? Got a nice benevolent Islamic leader waiting in the wings? The next ones are always better, aren’t they?

A few days ago I was all for getting out of Syria. Unfortunately, it seems that Assad is forcing our hand. Why do you believe Assad isn't behind it and what evidence have you seen?
Good question.

Assad would have nothing to gain and everything to lose. This story makes no sense.
It makes a lot of sense. He sought to terrorize his enemies into submission just as ISIS did.

Who replaces Assad and runs the country after we destroy what's left of the Syrian military?

We gonna Nation build again.............Are we going to risk a confrontation with Russia over this..........

What is the Strategic Value of destroying the Syrians..........and WHO FILLS THE VACUUM.

To top it off............it makes no sense whatsoever that Assad did this.........knowing we'd bomb his ass if he did..........

If you are gonna hit........do a dang measured response..............You go postal with it...........then you ensured never ending conflict in Syria again.

IF.
ASSUMING.

Good question.

It makes a lot of sense. He sought to terrorize his enemies into submission just as ISIS did.
They were already practically in submission. And Trump had indicated he’d be pulling out. The timing seems particularly silly, imho, and therefore suspect.

IF.
ASSUMING.

Good question.

They were already practically in submission. And Trump had indicated he’d be pulling out. The timing seems particularly silly, imho, and therefore suspect.
They had been defeated but that didn't mean the people who had been driven up had given up the fight. Horrific actions such as ISIS and Assad have committed are intended to break the spirit of the enemy so that they don't resist any longer.

Forum List

Back