Syria: Rigged Cars And Barrel Bombs: Aleppo And The State Of The Syrian War

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Interesting slant from one of the bloggers.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Syria: Rigged Cars and Barrel Bombs: Aleppo and the State of the Syrian War

Source: International Crisis Group

Syria is sliding toward unending war between an autocratic, sectarian regime and the even more autocratic, more sectarian jihadi group that has made dramatic gains in both Syria and Iraq. Without either a ceasefire in Aleppo or greater support from its state backers, the mainstream opposition is likely to suffer a defeat that will dash chances of a political resolution for the foreseeable future.

It is hard to overstate the importance of the battle for greater Aleppo: continued gains there by the regime and Islamic State (IS) threaten the viability of the mainstream opposition as a whole, the defeat of which would be an unprecedented boon to IS and would render a negotiated resolution of the conflict all but impossible. In its latest report, Rigged Cars and Barrel Bombs: Aleppo and the State of the Syrian War, International Crisis Group focuses on Aleppo’s importance, analyses regime and IS strategies and examines the decision-making and political evolution of rebel forces.

Continue reading at:

Syria Rigged Cars and Barrel Bombs Aleppo and the State of the Syrian War Mike Hitchen Online i On Global Trends

Ummm...I'd like to act concerned, but just a few hundred miles south of me, on the US/Mexico border, another war rages that's claimed 70,000 lives in a little over six years. Communities are left desolate, just like in Lebanon and Syria, because they rely almost totally on American tourism, which is down more than 90%.

I mean, if you and your better half book a $400 a night hotel room in Acapulco, and you get up in the morning to take a stroll on the beautiful white sand beaches, and the first thing you see on exiting the building are 17 headless corpses sitting up against the sea wall, how likely are you to ever go back to Mexico?

The world is a violent shithole. Deal with it.

Forum List

Back