System security version 4.52

:lol: Poor KK. You're incapable of abstract thought. The clue word was 'transparency'. Care to try again?

Think about it... transparency,... source...transparency,... source...transparency,... source...transparency,... source...

What is the 'source' in programming? Come on, moron, you can connect the dots...

:lol: Poor KK. You're incapable of abstract thought. The clue word was 'transparency'. Care to try again?

Think about it... transparency,... source...transparency,... source...transparency,... source...transparency,... source...

What is the 'source' in programming? Come on, moron, you can connect the dots...

No, you failed at an analogy. We are talking tech, I don't use abstract thought for tech. You did not answer the question even with that failed analogy.

Also, it's Mrs. Moron to you. If what you said was true about us Linux programmers, I'd think you wouldn't be so brazen.

This is a particular nasty bit of malware that is floating through the net and it hit me today, I was hit by earlier versions of it also, the 4.51 & the system security 2009 trojans.

What this piece of garbage does is, it pretends to be part of your system, showing up in your tool bar using MS symbols, and it pretends to be your security center.

It starts telling you that you have all kinds of trojans, virus attacks and so on, while preventing you from activating any of your normal system .exe files to remove it, you can't even get to a restore point if you get this.

Every few seconds you click it out, it comes back with more 'warnings' and tells you that you need to 'upgrade' to the 24.99 dollar version of it, or doom will follow.

The easiest 'cure' for this trash is Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, a totally free program you can get off the net.

Even if you have it though, this stupid attack will prevent it from running, you have to start your system in safe mode and scan with that, and it will kill it off.
First of all you shouldn't have any toolbars. Secondly, you should dump IE and switch to firefox, which by the way is the default browser for Ubuntu, for very good reason.

No, you don't. Images, videos, audio files, even HTML documents can have virsues.
.Yep, my daughter got a nasty one from looking at pictures of, get this, guinea pigs.

I wasn't looking at anything when this hit, I heard it, went to look and saw there was no browser open, so i have no idea how it entered.

It's one of the flaws with Windoze, IE has a DLL that remains in memory even when you close it, also some viruses don't show up until something else triggers them, so you could have gotten long before it showed up. I wrote one virus in high school that had a time release trigger, three hours, tailored it to hit a teachers computer through the school network. It went off during the second class after I was in there.

I don't do business with banks on the net, all my statements come with paper, little danger from that.

I don't do business with banks on the net, all my statements come with paper, little danger from that.

Oddly, the chances are still the same either way really, depending on how much banking you do and which bank you belong to. Many banks have very secure websites now, so as long as you don't get a virus before you first start using the online services you are pretty safe, and even with a bank statement people can still get access. But that's not even the problem, the problem is that slowly every bank is losing the paper, they are trying to go completely electronic (I don't support this move by the way, it's just what's happening). If you use Firefox it will also protect your access much better so you have less to worry about, but running Windoze you will still need to do a lot of virus checks, with Linux and Mac not so much (Linux only when you install something you are unsure of, Mac I don't know enough about to tell you for certain). Some days I wish the internet would have massive crashes just so people would be discouraged to go paperless, but thanks to it's inherent strengths (the way it's set up) that won't happen, and thanks to the environuts the move to paperless has too many backers to slow it. I have even heard a few states only offer payroll through computers now.

If what you said was true about us Linux programmers, I'd think you wouldn't be so brazen.

1) were... learn English before trying to be a smartass ;)
2)Do feel free to cite whatever I allegedly said about Linux programmers ;)

No, you don't. Images, videos, audio files, even HTML documents can have virsues.
.Yep, my daughter got a nasty one from looking at pictures of, get this, guinea pigs.

Yea, well, when was the last time KK knew what she was talking about?

I wasn't looking at anything when this hit, I heard it, went to look and saw there was no browser open, so i have no idea how it entered.

Could have been dormant. Do you have an 'always-on' connection like DSL or cable?

It had to be something like that, since malabyte found 2 things.

I didn't have good results w/ Malwarebytes. Avira found a lot that MWB missed. Make sure you have a good firewall and that your security software has good heuristics. Disable the Windows Firewall, as well.

Simple solution ... switch to Linux, specifically Ubuntu. The trusted sources are one click away, no malware in them. ;)

Only because the people who write viruses use linux and then write viruses to attack Microsoft to try to drive others to use Linux so they can have more distros with no standardization and make creating programs as much of a pain in the as as possible...
I quote this to answer you idiotic request peabrain. As for "learn Engrish" ... sorry but you don't have to know English well to be a smartass, you don't even have to know what you are talking about to be a smartass, which is why I can't figure out why you are no good at being a smartass ... :eusa_whistle:

The rest is just typical lies like the first that needed this quote.

You fucking fail again :lol:

I made a comment about those who write virsues, not any about linux programmers. :lol: Are you implying that they are the exact same group?

I see you're as stupid as ever.

you%20fail%20it%20-%20original.jpg

Any linux system is a poor choice for the lay computer user. A VAST majority of the people who use computers are not computer savvy. Hell, they can't even spell computer savvy....

Forum List

Back