Taco Bell employee fired for refusing to take order from customer who doesn't speak Spanish

I can't remember where I called, but one time I called and the automated recording answered the phone and it said "to continue in English, do nothing, this is the United States we speak English here." I was like DAYUM.
I've designed such systems. Companies want customers to feel comfortable. If going through the menu in a different language results in a sale or repeat business its a wise investment. In the US english is usually the default language. Of course there are other systems I have set up where Hmong or Spanish was the default language but these were organizations that catered specifically to these groups.

Thats dumb. Why would someone not take an order from someone that doesnt speak Spanish? Dont they employ people that speak english at that location? Manager should be fired if they dont. Lots of people dont speak Spanish.
They probably do speak English and were more than likely born in the US. In Hialeah, everyone speaks Spanish. That's just the way it is.

Thats dumb. Why would someone not take an order from someone that doesnt speak Spanish? Dont they employ people that speak english at that location? Manager should be fired if they dont. Lots of people dont speak Spanish.

From what I read the offender was the night manager and she was fired. And good riddance. So it all worked out.

Customer got a mixed-message remedy from the company. On one hand they apologized and fired the employee; on the other hand they gave the customer a credit of a hundred bucks that has to be used at --- Taco Bell :puke:

From what I read the offender was the night manager and she was fired. And good riddance. So it all worked out.

Customer got a mixed-message remedy from the company. On one hand they apologized and fired the employee; on the other hand they gave the customer a credit of a hundred bucks that has to be used at --- Taco Bell :puke:
$100 bucks? They obviously trying to kill her on the sly. :laugh:

I would be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that there is more to the story and/or a history with this particular customer. No way she doesn’t know enough English to give her a quesadilla. I mean come the fuck on, man. lol
That worker is a fucking moron, A lazy one

No American should be expected to speak Spanish… End of story

I would expect a Mexican or Puerto Rican living in the US to speak Spanish Just like I would expect a Chinese person in the US to speak Chinese.
It should never be a requirement for an American to speak Spanish… But if they want to speak Spanish no big deal

I would expect a Mexican or Puerto Rican living in the US to speak Spanish Just like I would expect a Chinese person in the US to speak Chinese.
It should never be a requirement for an American to speak Spanish… But if they want to speak Spanish no big deal
"Requirement" is different from "expectation". Way to clean that up.

No American should be expected to speak Spanish either

I disagree. I would expect any american with predominately latin heritage to speak Spanish.

I would be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that there is more to the story and/or a history with this particular customer. No way she doesn’t know enough English to give her a quesadilla. I mean come the fuck on, man. lol

The funny part is that the woman kept asking questions in English, and the person kept giving her answers in Spanish.
She understood English enough to answer the questions, even though her answers were in Spanish.

Why don't we just bomb the shit out of Mexico, to give them the incentive that they're not wanted here. Mexico is no different from the Coward Continent; both subhuman parasites, ultimate INGRATES exist simply to bloodsuck every advantage they can out of American while CURSING our very existence at the same time. Like the cocksucking pigs than non-American dumb, insecure, phony, hypocritical, spiteful parasites truly are.

Why don't we just bomb the shit out of Mexico, to give them the incentive that they're not wanted here. Mexico is no different from the Coward Continent; both subhuman parasites, ultimate INGRATES exist simply to bloodsuck every advantage they can out of American while CURSING our very existence at the same time. Like the cocksucking pigs than non-American dumb, insecure, phony, hypocritical, spiteful parasites truly are.

Who the fuck brought up "Mexico"?

You think Taco Bell is a Mexican company?

Probably because no one is going to bomb Mexico just because some Mexicans kicked your ass in grade school.

I disagree. I would expect any american with predominately latin heritage to speak Spanish.
If their original place of birth was somewhere other than US, sure.
But if someone was born in the US they should not be required or expected to speak Spanish.
If someone wants to speak other languages no one should have a problem with that but if they only want to speak English in this country that’s all they should have to

Forum List

Back