Take the Civics Test and Don't Cheat

Exactly. That's why I don't believe these high scores.

This is classic.

A leftist Democrat can't believe so many conservatives are turning out smarter than he is.

Inevitable though it was.

Not only smarter but certainly more honest.

And I'm not a Democrat. If you're so smart, surely you know that one can register as an Independent?

And the downside of that is an Independent cannot vote in closed primaries, right, genius?

Im sure it's purely coincidental that you just happen to agree with all the Democrat policies and talking points:)

If taxes equal government spending, then:
Your Answer: government is not helping anybody
Correct Answer: tax per person equals government spending per person on average

See, I think this is wrong on the part of the test, because Tax per person is not even close to fully spent on the person. Byt the time the tax goes through the government sieve, a large portion of it has been pissed away on bureaucratic waste. So I stand by my answer.

I think you make a fair argument.

Except the question says "on average"

Take this civics test and don't cheat. Answer the questions quickly, no Googling. I scored 68.7% and finished the test in 4 minutes.

Intercollegiate Studies Institute - Educating for Liberty

Full Civic Literacy Exam (from our 2008 survey)
Are you more knowledgeable than the average citizen? The average score for all 2,508 Americans taking the following test was 49%; college educators scored 55%. Can you do better? Questions were drawn from past ISI surveys, as well as other nationally recognized exams.

Intercollegiate Studies Institute - Educating for Liberty

Easy peasey!

28uqx6d.jpg

Same thing I got. i just don't know how to copy and paste the pic. Im computer illiterate:)

You answered 33 out of 33 correctly — 100.00 %

If you have any comments or questions about the quiz, please email [email protected].

You can consult the following table to see how citizens and elected officials scored on each question.

I must have guessed well on a couple.

Clearly you are lying according to the OP.

Well, everyone has a right to their opinion. I was actually surprised a little bit myself. A couple of those questions were not very clear to me. So I suppose I guessed well. But multiple choice tests are like that. You can rule out a couple of the silly options and then take a stab.

Short answer - I would have done much worse no doubt.

I really didn't expect anyone to post their true scores. I scored 100% on that assumption.

Then why did you say you scored 68.7% in the first post?

97.96%. and only because i misread the last question.

Some of them were ambiguous. Seems like a pretty worthless quiz. But anyone who couldn't get more than 50% needs to never vote.
Yes, some of the questions were biased and ambiguous,
Not really. They merely assumed knowledg of the actual results of various economic policy... plus one question that asked what the Federal government usually DID, as opposed to what would produce the best result. The question didn't mention that, when the Fed govt did those things, it usually stretched recessions/depressions out LONGER.

(I got that question right, too.)

This thread proves that people will lie when they know they can't be held accountable.

Well, it proved that one of them will. That one being you. :eusa_liar:

But we already knew that.

If taxes equal government spending, then:
Your Answer: government is not helping anybody
Correct Answer: tax per person equals government spending per person on average

See, I think this is wrong on the part of the test, because Tax per person is not even close to fully spent on the person. Byt the time the tax goes through the government sieve, a large portion of it has been pissed away on bureaucratic waste. So I stand by my answer.

I think you make a fair argument.

Except the question says "on average"

I still think he makes a fair argument. But in reality the question sucked.

Exactly. That's why I don't believe these high scores.

This is classic.

A leftist Democrat can't believe so many conservatives are turning out smarter than he is.

Well, there is a reason she isn't conservative. And it's precisely because she doesn't know these things.

Gosh I can almost hear you clucking from here. I didn't expect any of you fringe rightwingers to post anything less than 90%.

Now if posting your results had required an upload of the screenshot from your computer from the URL's score page, ahahahhahaaaa.....OHHHHH, how this thread would be eating dust in the cyber-basement of USMB right now.

Gosh I can almost hear you clucking from here. I didn't expect any of you fringe rightwingers to post anything less than 90%.

Now if posting your results had required an upload of the screenshot from your computer from the URL's score page, ahahahhahaaaa.....OHHHHH, how this thread would be eating dust in the cyber-basement of USMB right now.

But my score is real...maybe you just ran through it too fast. 4 minutes? I took 8 or so.

This is classic.

Well, there is a reason she isn't conservative. And it's precisely because she doesn't know these things.

If I knew how to do that, I'd show you one.

Maybe if you were a bit more humble and instead of pretending that everyone else is lying, and decided you were going to educate yourself on the topic, people would have more respect for you.

This is classic.

Oh, my.

Like this? (see attachment)

Attachments

• $QuizResultPage04Jun2014.gif
    $QuizResultPage04Jun2014.gif
    548.9 KB · Views: 68

Oh, my.

Like this? (see attachment)

You clearly photoshopped it. So how does a computer illiterate person like me do that?

Get the results screen up and click on the top bar to make sure it has "focus".

Then press alt-PrintScrn to make a copy of the window.

Then get Microsoft Paint running, and press Ctl-V to paste the copied window into it as a graphic.

Then click the little down-arrow at the top left of Microsoft Paint, and click "Save As".

I saved mine as a .gif file.

Then go back to the USMB window where little noTPpleez is calling you a liar, and make a new post. Click on "Manage attachments" at the bottom. Follow instructions from there.

Be sure to provide a dish to make it easier for little noTPpleez to eat the crow he has coming. :D

Maybe if you were a bit more humble and instead of pretending that everyone else is lying, and decided you were going to educate yourself on the topic, people would have more respect for you.

Whether the wingnuts in this echo chamber respect me or not is irrelevant. Apparently the approval of perfect strangers is important to you, so you skew your opinions and responses accordingly. Welcome to your bubble.

Forum List

Back