Taking "credit" for Carrier???

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Lets face it!!!

Carrier wanted to shift most of its production to Monterey, Mexico where workers earn $3 per hour, versus $26 per hour from an Indianapolis US worker......THAT economic reality is beyond debate and only the abolishing of "free trade" and the imposition of high import taxes could ever counter that reality.

So, what does Trump and Pence do? They offer (or threaten) the parent company, IT, with government contracts...which is tantamount to tax payers' dollars to supplement the jobs from carrier to remain in the US for a short while.

Taking "credit" for such a deal is conning the rest of us.....which is expected from an orange charlatan who Romney adequately labeled a "fraud"....

He and Trump working together have offered what it will take to help keep their business profitable in Indiana, dear. Something you can't stand and will attempt to disparage in any way you can. Policies will change starting Jan 20, which wouldn't be allowed under the current administration, allowing them the chance to succeed at home, rather than abroad..
Ahh shaddup, I notie the wannabe Boy King Obungles didn't get it done.

Stupid retort........what happened to Indiana's governor's attempts to keep those jobs in his state???

All of a sudden the left is worried about "taxpayer dollars" after almost the entire freaking solar industry went belly up after receiving "taxpayer dollars" in grants and subsidies? At least Carrier is solvent.

Lets face it!!!

Carrier wanted to shift most of its production to Monterey, Mexico where workers earn $3 per hour, versus $26 per hour from an Indianapolis US worker......THAT economic reality is beyond debate and only the abolishing of "free trade" and the imposition of high import taxes could ever counter that reality.

So, what does Trump and Pence do? They offer (or threaten) the parent company, IT, with government contracts...which is tantamount to tax payers' dollars to supplement the jobs from carrier to remain in the US for a short while.

Taking "credit" for such a deal is conning the rest of us.....which is expected from an orange charlatan who Romney adequately labeled a "fraud"....

If these very large corporations can still be profitable by keeping their factories in the USA then it is to their credit and honor for doing so and not putting greed ahead of their nation's greater needs.

But like the other poster said... you are a liberal idiot who is missing a lot of key points in life. The fact you would not expose these two enemies (obama and hillary) for what they are is enough for me to have no use for any of your ideas. Go try out your pitch with some other brainwashed low level americans who think ABC and CNN are telling them all they need to know.

Lets face it!!!

You are a foolish idiot.

One glaring benefit: The economy will be bolstered by those dollars staying in the US.

Lets face it!!!

How is what Trump/Pence did any different than that NY State did a while back? NYS offered to reduce tax rates to 0% for x number of years to businesses to move there.

So what's the difference between that and a state offering money to an established company to STAY there? I don't get your issue.

Lets face it!!!

How is what Trump/Pence did that is any different than that NY State did a while back? NYS offered to reduce tax rates to 0% fr x number of years to businesses to move there.

So what's the difference between that and a state offering money to an established company to STAY there? I don't get your issue.

The issue is he's butthurt over Trump winning and immediately starts to make a difference in stark contrast of eight years of utter failure by Obama and his posse of clowns

Lets face it!!!

How is what Trump/Pence did that is any different than that NY State did a while back? NYS offered to reduce tax rates to 0% fr x number of years to businesses to move there.

The issue is he's butthurt over Trump winning and immediately starts to make a difference in stark contrast of eight years of utter failure by Obama and his posse of clowns
I agree...we all have to understand

GNAT4900 has issues

gnats2.png

If these very large corporations can still be profitable by keeping their factories in the USA then it is to their credit and honor for doing so and not putting greed ahead of their nation's greater needs.

But like the other poster said... you are a liberal idiot who is missing a lot of key points in life.

So, beside calling me an "idiot"...answer this:

What would make a capitalistic company opt to STILL pay an American worker $26 per hour versus $3 per hour in Mexico??? National and patriotic pride?......OR, a bribe and a threat to the parent company?

Go on, answer THAT question my fellow "idiot....

How is what Trump/Pence did any different than that NY State did a while back? NYS offered to reduce tax rates to 0% for x number of years to businesses to move there.

Perhaps........there is NO difference.......Would you then admit that a Trump administration is pretty much like an Obama administration without the orange hair?

Lets face it!!!

I agree, Sis. Selective memory and selective outrage is running in epidemic proportions in the Democratic Party today.

Perhaps........there is NO difference.......Would you then admit that a Trump administration is pretty much like an Obama administration without the orange hair?

The biggest difference is that the Barry O"Bama administration played no part in the NY state offer.

Your claim is like the popular Leftist assertion that it was Barry was responsible for the increased oil production in the U.S., when if fact he tried everything in his power to stop drilling.

In both cases the Left doesn't have a very good grasp of the facts.

Barack Obama is Jimmy Carter on Steroids.

p.s. Please give us a list of companies Barry saved from mout out of country or seceeded, excluding turning GMC into the Government Motor Corporation that still hasnit totally paid off its loan.

Last edited:
Ultimately, it is a matter of time before you right wing morons admit that you've been had and for us who vehemently opposed the orange charlatan, it will be justification....while for you nitwits, it will be the kind of delusion that we've often heard....like,, "well, I never did like Trump, but I hated Hillary more."

The biggest difference is that the Barry O"Bama administration played no part in the NY state offer.

So, Obama had nothing to do with a state issue....but Trump, as president-elect, has everything to do with a state issue????

So, Obama had nothing to do with a state issue....but Trump, as president-elect, has everything to do with a state issue????

No one stopped Barry from trying to keep Carrier in the US, now did they leftist spinner?

Trump, not even in office yet, intervened and GOT THE JOB DONE.

That, leftist mouth breathing knuckle dragging spinner, is leadership. Now, go peddle your snake oil someplace else.

Corporations will be happy to play along with these Trump publicity stunts, with small concessions, in order to tamp down the implementation of the real promises Trump made.

Do you think you'll be seeing a 35% tariff on all the rest of Carriers FOREIGN production coming into the US anytime soon?

But like the other poster said... you are a liberal idiot who is missing a lot of key points in life.

So, beside calling me an "idiot"...answer this:

What would make a capitalistic company opt to STILL pay an American worker $26 per hour versus $3 per hour in Mexico??? National and patriotic pride?......OR, a bribe and a threat to the parent company?

Go on, answer THAT question my fellow "idiot....

They were making money before the attempted move to mexico and they will continue to make money.
The difference being the top dogs wont get to really rake in the bucks off the backs of the American worker by moving to mexico.
I would think that would make the stick it to the man crowd happy.

Forum List

Back