Target and Bud Light advice.

BackAgain

Neutronium Member & truth speaker #StopBrandon
Nov 11, 2021
Red State! Amen.
This thread is about a thought I just had. While I am generally not a fan of boycotting a store or a product or a company, I kind of get it in the case of Target and in the six pack of Bud Light.

Some marketing dipshits gave the company piss poor advice.

Both should now fully and very vocally sound “retreat.” They should announce the cessation of marketing themselves by this silly woke-ass fake virtue signaling.

They should say, “while we have a corporate philosophy about what we believe constitutes ‘equity,’ we also recognize that our existence isn’t a pedestal for such political matters. So, from now on, our corporate messaging won’t stoop to lecturing our own customers. We apologize for that.”

I suspect that they might reclaim some of their lost market shares if they would simply own it.

This thread is about a thought I just had. While I am generally not a fan of boycotting a store or a product or a company, I kind of get it in the case of Target and in the six pack of Bud Light.

Both should now fully and very vocally sound “retreat.” They should announce the cessation of marketing themselves by this silly woke-ass fake virtue signaling.

They should say, “while we have a corporate philosophy about what we believe constitutes ‘equity,’ we also recognize that our existence isn’t a pedestal for such political matters. So, from now on, our corporate messaging won’t stoop to lecturing our own customers. We apologize for that.”

I suspect that they might reclaim some of their lost market shares if they would simply own it.

As far as I can tell, they retain a defiant stance and Americans will retain their dollars and spend them elsewhere.

As it should be.

• Banned
They won't.....One of the hallmarks of leftoidism is to have no introspection, and cram their agenda down your throat even harder.
Shareholders should be pissed off.

Whatever happened to the fiduciary obligations of the corporation to their shareholders?

• Banned
What if they're trying to chase off the shareholders who object?...Then they'd have cleared the road to whatever depraved shit they want to do next.

Makes sense, when you think about it.
I don’t get it. Why would they want woke shareholders at the cost of their own stock price? I tell ya, somebody ought to file a lawsuit against them for breach of fiduciary responsibility to all shareholders.

How did Bud Light or Target "lecture" their customers?

Don’t be so dull and dim-witted.
Got it, so you can't explain how Bud Light or Target "lectured" their customers.

Bud Light sent a six pack of beer to a transgender social influencer that featured her picture. She then posted it on her social media accounts. Does Kid Rock subscribe to her you-tube channel or something? AnBev is a public company that has every right to send out promotional sixpacks to whomever, or whatever, they please.

Target sold gay pride merchandise. So what? They have the right to sell, and feature, any legal merchandise they choose.

It is really comical to watch those on the right attempting to tell companies who they should market to and what they should sell. To tell schools what books they can have in the library and how to teach history. I mean can you step back for a moment and look at yourself and what you have become?

I am no advertising guy, however; it seems to me that marketing any product by focusing on the product would be the best way to increase sales without pissing off current customers.
Tastes great/less filling , 99 5/10% pure, where's the beef?, It's the real thing, ect.

Maybe there's a large segment of the population these days to whom a quality product takes second place to a company that propagandizes for their cult.

Tsk-Tsk.

They won't.....One of the hallmarks of leftoidism is to have no introspection, and cram their agenda down your throat even harder.
Yep.

The entire Orwellian woke agenda is like a serpent with several heads. It isn't just one company or another company deciding to proselytize. It is one vast network of globalist interests with tentacles reaching down through media, social media, teachers unions, social media, The Democrat party, The F.B.I and just about every major institution we have.

Cut off one head and it just sprouts another.

Yep.

The entire Orwellian woke agenda is like a serpent with several heads. It isn't just one company or another company deciding to proselytize. It is one vast network of globalist interests with tentacles reaching down through media, social media, teachers unions, social media, The Democrat party, The F.B.I and just about every major institution we have.

Cut off one head and it just sprouts another.

Like whacking feebly at the branches when we ought to be yanking the root out of the ground and burning it.

No, you made a claim and you can't back it up.
Already supported.

My time here isn’t measured by how often I respond to your petty efforts.

Everyone knows (even you do) that AB was lecturing everyone and Target was, too.

Your denial is fluff, stuff and dishonest nonsense.

I thought it was a bad marketing strategy, but with so many companies jumping on the "woke" train, I've considered the possibility that maybe there's actually something to this strategy that we hadn't considered.

I think the younger generations are far more accepting of the LGBT community than previous generations. Here's some data showing this.

1686324946687.png

The boomers are dying off. They're being replaced by consumers who are younger and more accepting of "different" lifestyles. Maybe these companies aren't following bad advice - maybe they're just being proactive.

Forum List

Back