Target stocks lose 10 billion

Target's lost a lot of customers to competitors like Walmart over this one. And it couldn't afford to lose a single customer to Walmart especially. It's a cute PC promotional stunt gone very wrong.

That's pretty much bogus. People who prefer Target over Walmart do so because they prefer a cleaner, more customer friendly shopping experience with better quality merchandise. That means they fall into three categories:

1 - Liberals who can't afford Target over Walmart, but they shop there anyway because they think they are entitled to more than Walmart.
2 - Conservatives who choose Target as a business decision, due to their superior goods and services and recognize Walmart for the haven of low class dirty fucks that it is. In short, they're too good for Walmart.
3 - Independents who think you're a fucking idiot no matter what you say.

Target's lost a lot of customers to competitors like Walmart over this one. And it couldn't afford to lose a single customer to Walmart especially. It's a cute PC promotional stunt gone very wrong.

That's pretty much bogus. People who prefer Target over Walmart do so because they prefer a cleaner, more customer friendly shopping experience

Friendly...you mean like regular women and girls having to share the restroom with men-pretending-to-be-women, and being made voiceless to protest any man there so claiming?

Yeah, I'm sure the gals consider that an improvement in their Target shopping experience. Bye bye Target. You should've gotten to know your customer base a little better. Stockholders must be ready to sue the CEOs.

rr

Typically, when a company makes a decision that infuriates millions of customers and causes sales to drop, they change their mind.
ri

But when it comes to Target’s transgender bathroom rule, they just doubled-down on their policy!...Immediately after the announcement, their stock crashed for the 2nd time, and the store just lost $2 billion. This is shocking:...Target is now so politically tied to this cause that they are willing to hurt their own stock. Where is the stockholder outrage, due to the massive losses and serious concerns over public safety? Target is just begging for lawsuits....Target is being taught a hard lesson. But they don’t seem to have realized it yet. BREAKING: Target Issues New Statement On Bathroom Policy, Then THIS HAPPENS!

Target Sales Drop Amid Transgender Promotion, Consumer Boycott, $10 Billion Stock Crash - Breitbart

Ah. Feels good to see our money doing the talking for us. We WILL NOT put our children and wives in danger to make sexual deviants feel better!

^^^^^^
Low-information voters will believe anything.

anyone posted this ...

Target Corp.

the op is full of it.

Actually, if you look at the previous 5 days, and 3 months, a sudden drop is very noticeable. But, not for the reason the OP claims. It's just been a bumpy quarter for Target.

“Specific culprits included convenience-oriented “fill-in” trips; weather; and, disruption stemming from an April food reset,” Fassler wrote. Target has guided to 2Q SSS of down 2 percent to flat. The company noted that several competitors had large inventories, which could result in “an intensely promotional environment in the months ahead.”

Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT) - Goldman Sachs Still Concerned About Target, Cuts Forecasts

Many retail stocks have been getting hammered over the past three weeks because of disappointing sales, not just Target.

Target Sales Drop Amid Transgender Promotion, Consumer Boycott, $10 Billion Stock Crash - Breitbart

Ah. Feels good to see our money doing the talking for us. We WILL NOT put our children and wives in danger to make sexual deviants feel better!

^^^^^^
Low-information voters will believe anything.

anyone posted this ...

Target Corp.

the op is full of it.

Actually, if you look at the previous 5 days, and 3 months, a sudden drop is very noticeable. But, not for the reason the OP claims. It's just been a bumpy quarter for Target.

“Specific culprits included convenience-oriented “fill-in” trips; weather; and, disruption stemming from an April food reset,” Fassler wrote. Target has guided to 2Q SSS of down 2 percent to flat. The company noted that several competitors had large inventories, which could result in “an intensely promotional environment in the months ahead.”

Target Corporation (NYSE:TGT) - Goldman Sachs Still Concerned About Target, Cuts Forecasts

Many retail stocks have been getting hammered over the past three weeks because of disappointing sales, not just Target.
Just curious....what will the excuse be if/when Target goes out of business and other retail chains are still in business?

That's pretty much bogus. People who prefer Target over Walmart do so because they prefer a cleaner, more customer friendly shopping experience with better quality merchandise. That means they fall into three categories:

1 - Liberals who can't afford Target over Walmart, but they shop there anyway because they think they are entitled to more than Walmart.
2 - Conservatives who choose Target as a business decision, due to their superior goods and services and recognize Walmart for the haven of low class dirty fucks that it is. In short, they're too good for Walmart.

I hear ya, but Target has lost customers over this PC stunt. Many will now shop at competitors like Walmart instead. And it couldn't afford to lose any customers to its competitors. Especially after its credit card debacle a few years ago. It lost some customers over that too. But i will say, Target is a better shopping experience than Walmart.

Target stores are generally cleaner, the clientele is generally more calm and courteous, and the products are generally better quality. It's a more peaceful pleasant shopping experience than Walmart. I stopped shopping at Walmart years ago. It's by far the ugliest shopping experience possible. It's all just dirty, loud, stinky chaos to me. But that being said, i don't shop at Target anymore either. Since i've stopped shopping at both, i actually enjoy shopping somewhat again. I won't be returning as a customer to either store.

You forgot number four.

4. people who hate long lines like me.

I never even knew how stores like Target ever stay in business anyways? Its always a ghost town in those stores no matter what state I am in.

You forgot number four.

I never even knew how stores like Target ever stay in business anyways? Its always a ghost town in those stores no matter what state I am in.

It's scaling back. Walmart is absolutely thrashing it. It's closed numerous stores recently. It's gotten so bad for Target, Walmart doesn't even consider it a serious competitor anymore.

I have a relative who works in Management for Walmart. And he tells me Walmart isn't concerned with Target. It's moved on to other competitor concerns like the Dollar Stores. This PC promotional stunt has only hurt Target. Many of its once loyal customers, are now flocking to competitors like Walmart. It's backfired.

But i will say, Target is a better shopping experience than Walmart.

Target stores are generally cleaner, the clientele is generally more calm and courteous, and the products are generally better quality. It's a more peaceful pleasant shopping experience than Walmart. I stopped shopping at Walmart years ago. It's by far the ugliest shopping experience possible. It's all just dirty, loud, stinky chaos to me.
Yeah - but what do you expect? You want Dollar Store prices with Beverly Hills Rodeo Drive experiences. It doesn't work that way. You want clean, quiet, immaculate store with pleasant fragrances emanating through out and a nice melody bouncing around then you need to ante up and be prepared to drop $200 on a shirt. You want an entire wardrobe for less than $200, then you better expect a lot less eye candy and quality.

You forgot number four.

Bear513 knows Target is going under for alienating its main customer base by telling them "oh, BTW, men are going to be in the restroom and changing rooms with you now". He is already rehearsing the spin for the inevitable. Look for it later when Target announces bankruptcy. The reason? "People didn't like the long lines from all the extra business Target got when it told women to go fuck off."

You forgot number four.

Bear513 knows Target is going under for alienating its main customer base by telling them "oh, BTW, men are going to be in the restroom and changing rooms with you now". He is already rehearsing the spin for the inevitable. Look for it later when Target announces bankruptcy. The reason? "People didn't like the long lines from all the extra business Target got when it told women to go fuck off."

What?

No spin, I have posted the reason on these boards a few Times over the years Why I shop at target.

Let me see if I can find one, I remember NY cabinet and I were talking about it in a thread years ago

You forgot number four.

Here is one three months ago....I am always consistint tard.

Walmart Employees Getting a Raise

bear513Gold Member

Oh Gawd, let's not even discuss Walmart. It's a Third World Shitehole. It's by far the most miserable shopping experience known to man. I'll gladly pay higher prices just to avoid the Third World dirty stinky. What a nightmare. My God, last time i shopped there i truly felt i was trapped in lawless Third World chaos.

For the most part, the people who shop there, are ignorant fugtards. Long lines, miserable over-worked/underpaid Employees, and all the stinky loons. No thanks, i'll pass. And Walmart is likely doing this only to try and keep States from increasing the Minium Wage to $10 an hr. Tryin to beat them to the punch and save a buck. I advise shopping somewhere else. If you wanna have some semblance of an enjoyable shopping experience anyway.
Ugh dont anyone read op or click on links anymore?

It said walfart will raise the minimum wage they pay most of there employees $10 bucks an hour by next February
I read a report that said $9. And they'll just cut the payroll anyway. They'll hire less and cut hours. Which in turn, will mean less customer service. And their Employees will still be over-worked and under-paid. They're absolutely miserable workers. They hate customers.

Walmart is a very unpleasant place to shop. It's dirty, stinky, loud, and most of the people who shop there are ignorant slobs. I'll gladly pay more to avoid Third World Misery.
I never go there because I am a guy who hates parking a mile away and so hates lines,I will go to the local kmart or target instead, I Don't pay attention to prices if they have what I want I will buy it and get me out fast

But i will say, Target is a better shopping experience than Walmart.

Target stores are generally cleaner, the clientele is generally more calm and courteous, and the products are generally better quality. It's a more peaceful pleasant shopping experience than Walmart. I stopped shopping at Walmart years ago. It's by far the ugliest shopping experience possible. It's all just dirty, loud, stinky chaos to me.
Yeah - but what do you expect? You want Dollar Store prices with Beverly Hills Rodeo Drive experiences. It doesn't work that way. You want clean, quiet, immaculate store with pleasant fragrances emanating through out and a nice melody bouncing around then you need to ante up and be prepared to drop $200 on a shirt. You want an entire wardrobe for less than $200, then you better expect a lot less eye candy and quality.

Oh yeah, definitely true. Walmart stinks, and i mean literally. I stopped shopping there years ago. I don't mind dropping a few extra bucks for a peaceful pleasant shopping experience. Walmart is a miserable violent assault on the senses. It's loud, dirty, stinky, and the products are cheap and shitty.

I feel for those who feel they have no choice but to shop there. Cause once you stop shopping there, you quickly realize you can enjoy shopping somewhat. You can actually get friendly helpful service and quality products. Yeah you have to pay more, but it's so worth it. Target did ok because it was a bit of an alternative to Walmart misery. But this PC stunt really has hurt it. It's lost a lot of loyal customers for good.

You forgot number four.

Man....you absolutely nailed it with that post! That's exactly the bullshit spin they will put on it. You've really gotten deep inside of the minds of liberals. Be careful in there though - it's a seriously messed up place to be.

You forgot number four.

Trader Joe’s Rejects Walmart Strategy

What were you saying again?

ar 27, 2013

bear513Gold Member

You are an economic illiterate. Considering how the Fed is destroying the value of the dollar, the only hope most lower and middle class people have to purchase reasonably priced goods is via large scale discounters.
so what your saying is by a bunch of crap made in china by china workers? and who is the fool?

Oh my. Let me guess.....you're the fool!

Here's a clue bub: if you don't like Walmart, don't shop there.

See how easy that is?
and how am I the fool? I dont even shop there? I go to target or k fart and only beause no one is there. Only dumb ass's want higher wages and then turn around and spend their money for cheap crap that breaks with in a month from oversea's workers

Retail giant Target is losing sales and may be on track for another major stock-drop in the second quarter, analysts say, amid a growing boycott caused by the company’s transgender friendly policies.
The company’s second-quarter sales, from April to June, may drop as much as 2 percent compared to the prior year, executives told reporters and Wall Street analysts. That’s “horrendous,” said Jim Cramer, founder of the stock-market website, TheStreet.com.

The earnings prediction comes a month after the left-leaning company announced April 19 that it would allow men claiming to be women to use the women’s bathrooms and changing rooms at its stores. The decision has sparked a boycott petition effort that garnered over 1.2 million signers in only a week.

Target executives deny the pro-family consumer boycott is making a significant difference. But, according to TheStreet.com, the business-news website,

“We have seen a noticeable slowdown post-Easter,” Target CFO [chief financial officer] Cathy Smith said on a call with reporters. Target’s CEO Brian Cornell, who was also on the call, blamed the slowdown on unfavorable weather trends in the Northeast and volatile economic trends.

Cornell also said the company has not seen a “material” impact to its overall business from the protests, but has seen some hit to sales in a “handful” of stores. He declined to quantify the extent of the hit, however.

According to the Associated Press, Target expected a sales growth in new stores to hit 1.6 percent in the first quarter, but only realized a 1.2 percent growth.

This week, the company announced a reshuffle in the executive office.

Stock-pickers are getting nervous about the company’s executives. “Target is now a question… because the degredation of Target from month to month to month has them confused,” said Jim Cramer, founder of TheStreet.com. “Apparel [sales] is not good, electronics is not good, the [earnings] guidance is horrendous,” he said.

Amid Target’s troubles, Costco and the Walmart company will likely gain, he said.

Target’s stock has fallen 20 percent — from $84 per share to $67 per share — since it imposed the pro-transgender policy on its customer base of families. That loss has chopped roughly $10 billion from the overall shareholder value of the company, according to a chart produced by Yahoo.com

Screen-Shot-2016-05-19-at-4.32.57-PM.png

Don't let this worry you Target, what does it matter, just so long as you can endanger women in bathrooms, all is good right?
Democrats better up their credit card limits and start shopping.

You didn't read when they said that they may lose money next quarter.....
The OP and others what to feel like they actually make a difference somewhere....that they are powerful destroyers of business.....while business is laughing at them.
Someone sounds really worried about the conservative movement....
Yes...really worried....really really worried. :rofl:

Did I mention really really worried?
I know. You're over compensation makes that obvious.

...it's the bible banging RW's that cry about .03% of the population having a dick under their dress.

Thank you for illustrating the insane stupidity of modern-day liberalism. The entire population is supposed to yield to the 0.03% that are severely mentally ill.

Target could care less...

Want to bet? Their CEO and other executives are losing sleep over the $10 billion in loses that are not only going to put them out of a job, but is going to make their very public stupidity a hurdle for landing a new job.

I have posted updated financial information for Target, and they are not losing 10 million....they do have a 330 million dollar differed tax liability due this year...

Forum List

Back