Tariffs DO raise prices: That is the point!

:laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301::laughing0301:

Once again you deny the facts and tell us stories about made up people!

Too fucking funny!
Amazon News: Chinese Children Forced To Work Overtime To Make Amazon Echo Devices, Labor Group Alleges
You are so fucking gullible.
How many people do you know who have family in China?

Just my sister who is married to a 1st generation Chinese American. She is even a real person and not one of your made up stories.
Then again, is she as big a snotty asshole as you are?

No, she is way nicer than I am. Life is too short to waste time being nice to people that spend their days making up lies about me.
No one is making up lies about you...
You’re an arrogant ass who believes if it’s on the Internet, it must be true.

you make up lies about me all the time.

Full employment and everyone who wants a job has one, but making people pay more for something made in jina will raise wages? Only if the gummit mandates across the board raises. LOL

Basic trade practices....tariffs are paid by whomever picks up the product on the docks. Let that sink in, prog morons. Okay....so now what happens? The importer can pass the cost along to his retailers or not. Let's say he doesn't because he has contracts he doesn't want to jeopardize...so who pays the tariff? think hard, prog morons....this is hard I know but try. Okay, let's say the importers do pass along the tariff to his retailers. Does the retailer follow suit and risk alienating his customers in the age of Amazon where he is fighting tooth and nail to stay open? Or do the importer and retailer have enough profit margin built into their price to weather a trade war without the consumer paying more? Look at the inflation index....flat as a starlet before the implants. That's all for today or maybe forever....I ain't getting paid for these little life lessons you know.

No. They raise prices. The first rule of business is to play your own game.

It is cute you think that Amazon already wasn’t under cutting the figment of your imagination

My daughter who has a $150mm business based on imports doesn't think so.
She buys just as much as ever.
There is no us equivalent
It's just 20 % more to her customers.

Why don't you give us specifics? Production is usually 25% of retail cost and wholesale is 50%, so a 25% tariff should only add 12.5% of retail cost unless you are ripping off your customers.

If you want Americans to reduce their purchases of Chinese products, tariffs are the best way to do it. There will be a slight increase in the retail prices of these products (tariffs are applied at the wholesale level), but consumers can mitigate this effect by switching to other products.

So why all the hoopla about "punishing" American consumers? Does anybody believe that we will be better off by preserving the status quo?
My daughter who has a $150mm business based on imports doesn't think so.
She buys just as much as ever.
There is no us equivalent
It's just 20 % more to her customers.
The cons Chinese will pay for it is the same as the Mexicans will pay for the wall.
We are paying

The OP seems to be for higher taxes.

If you want Americans to reduce their purchases of Chinese products, tariffs are the best way to do it. There will be a slight increase in the retail prices of these products (tariffs are applied at the wholesale level), but consumers can mitigate this effect by switching to other products.

So why all the hoopla about "punishing" American consumers? Does anybody believe that we will be better off by preserving the status quo?

Free trade is rational, protective tariffs are irrational. Ask anyone but a trumpanzee and they agree free trade creates partners, protective tariffs create enemies.

under a system of free trade, all the jobs and all the product production ends up in the countries with the lowest wages and the lowest standards of living. Tariffs protect american workers. Yes, sometimes it means paying more for an american built product than a chinese copy. But you are free to shit on american union workers and continue to buy chinese crap if it makes you feel good.

I don't shit on union workers, it's the Republican Party which shits on unions. Trump's ties and his daughters line of clothing and accessories are not created in the US. Red States use Right to Work as a euphemism for corporations to hire workers without the benefits of a labor union negotiating wages and benefits.

Try to buy shoes or washing machines and other major appliances made in America or shoes and t-shirts, try to buy a car with all parts made in America. And, which party rescued Chrysler and GM, and which party would not have put a penny into keeping UAW's jobs?

lets try some facts, shall we? the bailouts of GM and Chrysler were not to save the companies, they were to save the UAW and its dem votes and its contributions to the dem party. Those companies should have been allowed to go through structured bankruptcies which would have resulted in them being broken up into smaller more efficient units, the UAW and the dems could not allow that since each of the new companies would have to have had a vote on union representation. So, those huge inefficient companies were bailed out with taxpayer money-------OUR money to save the UAW.

Now, lets talk about the non union car factories in the US south----------Mercedes, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, BMW, Subaru, and Kia. Paying good wages, giving good benefits, and not stealing $ from the workers paychecks to fund the UAW bosses and the dem party.

why are there no longer washers, shoes, textiles and car parts made in America??? any idea??? unions and taxes, that's why.

Last edited:

Free trade is rational, protective tariffs are irrational. Ask anyone but a trumpanzee and they agree free trade creates partners, protective tariffs create enemies.

under a system of free trade, all the jobs and all the product production ends up in the countries with the lowest wages and the lowest standards of living. Tariffs protect american workers. Yes, sometimes it means paying more for an american built product than a chinese copy. But you are free to shit on american union workers and continue to buy chinese crap if it makes you feel good.

I don't shit on union workers, it's the Republican Party which shits on unions. Trump's ties and his daughters line of clothing and accessories are not created in the US. Red States use Right to Work as a euphemism for corporations to hire workers without the benefits of a labor union negotiating wages and benefits.

Try to buy shoes or washing machines and other major appliances made in America or shoes and t-shirts, try to buy a car with all parts made in America. And, which party rescued Chrysler and GM, and which party would not have put a penny into keeping UAW's jobs?
lol
The problem with unions is the mandatory part of them… No one would have a problem with them if they were voluntary

if they were voluntary, they would not exist today. We now have laws to protect workers from abuses, we don't need unions. But the dem party needs them as their funding source.

lets try some facts, shall we? the bailouts of GM and Chrysler were not to save the companies, they were to save the UAW and its dem votes and its contributions to the dem party. Those companies should have been allowed to go through structured bankruptcies which would have resulted in them being broken up into smaller more efficient units, the UAW and the dems could not allow that since each of the new companies would have to have had a vote on union representation. So, those huge inefficient companies were bailed out with taxpayer money-------OUR money so save the UAW.

Now, lets talk about the non union car factories in the US south----------Mercedes, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, BMW, Subaru, and Kia. Paying good wages, giving good benefits, and not stealing $ from the workers paychecks to fund the UAW bosses and the dem party.

why are there no longer washers, shoes, textiles and car parts made in America??? any idea??? unions and taxes, that's why.

:21::21::21::21:

"lets try some facts".........followed by 160 words of pure opinion!

There goes another one...

irony-meter.jpg

lets try some facts, shall we? the bailouts of GM and Chrysler were not to save the companies, they were to save the UAW and its dem votes and its contributions to the dem party. Those companies should have been allowed to go through structured bankruptcies which would have resulted in them being broken up into smaller more efficient units, the UAW and the dems could not allow that since each of the new companies would have to have had a vote on union representation. So, those huge inefficient companies were bailed out with taxpayer money-------OUR money so save the UAW.

irony-meter.jpg

my post was 100% factual, yours----------maybe 5%

irony-meter.jpg

your post was 100% opinion.

Do yourself a favor, head back and get your GED and you might learn the difference between opinion and fact.

irony-meter.jpg

your post was 100% opinion.

Do yourself a favor, head back and get your GED and you might learn the difference between opinion and fact.

the following are not opinion, they are fact
1. historically unions have supported dems, in 2016 that changed.
2. the UAW gave millions to dems
3. Obama set up the bail out in order to save the UAW
4. A structured bankruptcy would have been better for the companies, the employees, the shareholders, and the country.
5. unions and taxes have destroyed the US textile, shoe, auto parts, appliance, and many other industries.
6. my MBA beats your GED every day of the week.

If you really work in the investment industry as you claim, then you know that we have all done very well in the last 3 years due to Trump's policies. But I suspect that you are not who you claim to be.

4. A structured bankruptcy would have been better for the companies, the employees, the shareholders, and the country.
5. unions and taxes have destroyed the US textile, shoe, auto parts, appliance, and many other industries.

If you really work in the investment industry as you claim, then you know that we have all done very well in the last 3 years due to Trump's policies. But I suspect that you are not who you claim to be.

1. This is a fact, except most still do support the Dems. It did not change all that much.
2. This is a fact, very good.
3. Opinion
4. Opinion
5. Opinion, but one I agree with.
6. My MS in Applied Analytics blows your MBA out of the water. An MBA is nothing more than a glorified Business Admin degree.

1. This is a fact, except most still do support the Dems. It did not change all that much.
2. This is a fact, very good.
3. Opinion
4. Opinion
5. Opinion, but one I agree with.
6. My MS in Applied Analytics blows your MBA out of the water. An MBA is nothing more than a glorified Business Admin degree.

3 and 4 are not opinions. Obozo knew exactly what he was doing and why. If you understand bankruptcy laws you would understand that 4 is also fact.

6, LOL, I agree, but that MBA Harvard diploma was worth a lot of money over my working years.

3 and 4 are not opinions. Obozo knew exactly what he was doing and why. If you understand bankruptcy laws you would understand that 4 is also fact.

6, LOL, I agree, but that MBA Harvard diploma was worth a lot of money over my working years.

They are opinions. Any time you use the word "better" you are pretty much offering an opinion. It is your opinion they are better.

6. I am sure it was. Had I gotten my degree earlier in life I might have went that way as well. I was accepted to an MBA program the same time as I was my Masters program and had to choose between the two. But I was also damn near 50 so that weighed into my decision.

They are opinions. Any time you use the word "better" you are pretty much offering an opinion. It is your opinion they are better.

6. I am sure it was. Had I gotten my degree earlier in life I might have went that way as well. I was accepted to an MBA program the same time as I was my Masters program and had to choose between the two. But I was also damn near 50 so that weighed into my decision.

again, its not an opinion to say that a bankruptcy proceeding would have been "better" for all involved. Its simply understanding the bankruptcy laws and how they would have impacted the companies involved. but the bailout was "better" for the UAW and the dem party, that is FACT.

again, its not an opinion to say that a bankruptcy proceeding would have been "better" for all involved. Its simply understanding the bankruptcy laws and how they would have impacted the companies involved. but the bailout was "better" for the UAW and the dem party, that is FACT.

“Better” is a subjective term...thus making it an opinion and not fact.

Basic trade practices....tariffs are paid by whomever picks up the product on the docks. Let that sink in, prog morons. Okay....so now what happens? The importer can pass the cost along to his retailers or not. Let's say he doesn't because he has contracts he doesn't want to jeopardize...so who pays the tariff? think hard, prog morons....this is hard I know but try. Okay, let's say the importers do pass along the tariff to his retailers. Does the retailer follow suit and risk alienating his customers in the age of Amazon where he is fighting tooth and nail to stay open? Or do the importer and retailer have enough profit margin built into their price to weather a trade war without the consumer paying more? Look at the inflation index....flat as a starlet before the implants. That's all for today or maybe forever....I ain't getting paid for these little life lessons you know.

No. They raise prices. The first rule of business is to play your own game.

So the retailers are benefiting from the tariffs?

Who pays for the tariff is dependent upon the price elasticity of the demand curve for the product. The more inelastic the demand curve, the more the company can pass on the price increase, which means higher inflation. The more elastic the demand curve, the less the company can pass on the price increase, which means less profitability and higher bankruptcies.

Also, prices on goods that are subject to the tariff have been rising at faster levels than those that are not.

Forum List

Back