🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Tavis Smiley says riots may be the new norm

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
If true, the whites that are left in the big cities will be leaving.

Tavis Smiley: Protests and Riots Could Become the New Normal

TIME INC. NETWORK

TIME

PEOPLE

FORTUNE

SPORTS ILLUSTRATED

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY

MONEY

GOLF

MORE

Subscribe

SIGN IN

HomeU.S.PoliticsWorldBusinessTechHealthScienceEntertainmentNewsfeedLivingSportsHistoryThe TIME VaultMagazineIdeasParents

MoneyLIFEThe Daily Cut

Photography Videos

THE 100 MOST INFLUENTIAL PEOPLEA DECADE OF TRANSFORMATIONDEMYSTIFYING THE CLOUDEXCLUSIVE: GO INSIDE THE FUTURE OF LEGENDARY AUTOMAKER BMWGLOBAL TRADEKNOW RIGHT NOWTHE NANTUCKET PROJECTNEW ADVENTURERSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2014SHAPING OUR FUTURESOLUTIONS THAT MATTERTIME 100 MENTORSTIME EXPLAINSTOP 10 EVERYTHING OF 2014TOP OF THE WORLDWONDERS OF THE WORLDA YEAR IN SPACE

SUBSCRIBENEWSLETTERSFEEDBACKPRIVACY POLICYYOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTSTERMS OF USEAD CHOICES

RSSTIME APPSTIME FOR KIDSADVERTISINGREPRINTS AND PERMISSIONSSITE MAPHELPCUSTOMER SERVICE© 2015 TIME INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

IDEAS RACETavis Smiley: Protests and Riots Could Become the New Normal

Tavis Smiley @tavissmiley 6:09 AM ET

Sait Serkan Gurbuz—ReutersA demonstrator confronts law enforcement officers near Baltimore Police Department Western District in Baltimore on April 25, 2015.

Smiley is host and managing editor of Tavis Smiley on PBS and author of My Journey With Maya

It’s a dignity thing — democracy is threatened by racism and poverty

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

Watch Han Solo Return in the New 'Star Wars' Trailer

Video of Baltimore Mother Slapping Protester Son Goes Viral

Watch the 2015 International Jazz Day Concert Live From Paris

Promoted

Dr. Ron Paul Issues Major Warning For U.S. Seniors

The Crux

Sponsored Links by

The two seminal pieces of Legislation in the 20th century happened just before the tumult of 1968–the Civil Rights Act in 1964 and the Voting Rights Act in 1965. Fifty years later, we ought to be in a season of celebration. Instead, we find ourselves in an American catastrophe. Trayvon Martin. Eric Garner. Freddie Gray.

MOREC.T. Vivian: Police Can’t Cure Our IssuesWhat Really Happened to Freddie Gray? Here Are 4 TheoriesFreddie Gray Investigation Now in Hands of Young Prosecutor NBC NewsBaby Alive After Being Buried 20 Hours NBC NewsQuake Toll May Climb Up to 15,000: Nepal Army Chief NBC News

On April 4, 1967, Martin Luther King Jr. gave the most controversial speech of his life, “Beyond Vietnam.” A year later to the day, almost to the hour, he was assassinated. In that speech he had pointed out a triple threat facing America: racism, poverty and militarism. In 2015, what are the issues still threatening our democracy? Racism. Poverty. Militarism.

Tavis Smiley Protests and Riots Could Become the New Normal

It would be a real shame if riots become the new normal. The riot prone cities will end up little more than prisons. There will be no investment, no employment, no stores. The riot area in Baltimore has not had a grocery store in a year. It took 3 years of negotiating to persuade CVS to open.

Black americans are 13% of the population and shrinking. Hispanics are 14% of the population and growing. Make no mistake about it, latinos look at these depresses black areas as opportunities for expansion. The new normal of rioting only helps.

And I do believe this will be the new normal

and also who does it HELP the most ?

these people IN OUR GOVERNMENT. to step on us while Pretending to ride in and SAVE US ALL

Large chain grocery store retailers refer to the inner city ghetto areas without grocery stores as "food deserts".

The only people brave enough to open even a small grocery store in the hood were the asians and the arabs.

But since their store's always seem to be a magnet for attack by the black looting rioters.

I doubt that many of them will reopen...... :cool:

Last edited:
Riots have already become the norm because obama has fomented them. The conditions for riots have been present for over thirty years and the precedent was set in 1992. The incidence of fatherlessness is the culprit and things won't change until that does.
Smiley is an idiot, token columnist/host.

Even if a businessman was crazy enough to want to open a large retail store in the hood.

I doubt that he could find an insurance company to insure the store.

Or a banker stupid enough to loan him the money. ....... :cool:

Unarmed black men being killed by police seems to have also become the new normal.

Really? How many unarmed black people have been killed by the police? How many unarmed white people have been killed by the police? Break those down into percentages of apprehended suspects? What are those numbers?

Are blacks more likely to be killed by police than obesity? Cars? Other blacks? Whites?

How about those numbers 10 or 20 years ago?

Have any of that data at all? If not, why are you claiming that is has ‘become’ the ‘norm.’ Likely because it fits the propaganda and messaging that you happen to agree with.

Unarmed black men being killed by police seems to have also become the new normal.

Really? How many unarmed black people have been killed by the police? How many unarmed white people have been killed by the police? Break those down into percentages of apprehended suspects? What are those numbers?

Are blacks more likely to be killed by police than obesity? Cars? Other blacks? Whites?

Have any of that data at all? If not, why are you claiming that is has ‘become’ the ‘norm.’ Likely because it fits the propaganda and messaging that you happen to agree with.
Oh more unarmed black and white people are killed by cars and obesity than by police? Whoa! I had no idea! Nvm I guess police killing unarmed people is perfectly fine!

:cool:

It would be a real shame if riots become the new normal. The riot prone cities will end up little more than prisons. There will be no investment, no employment, no stores. The riot area in Baltimore has not had a grocery store in a year. It took 3 years of negotiating to persuade CVS to open.

Black americans are 13% of the population and shrinking. Hispanics are 14% of the population and growing. Make no mistake about it, latinos look at these depresses black areas as opportunities for expansion. The new normal of rioting only helps.

Dream on ignorant cracker dream on

Your fantasizes won't stop you from crapping your pants

Oh more unarmed black and white people are killed by cars and obesity than by police? Whoa! I had no idea! Nvm I guess police killing unarmed people is perfectly fine!

Amazing the cracker "logik"

"We have an aging white America. They are not making babies. They are dying. The explosion is in our population ... I love it. They are shitting in their pants with fear. I love it."

José Angel Gutiérrez, an Associate Professor of Political Science at the University of Texas at Arlington

:eusa_whistle::laugh:

Dream on ignorant cracker dream on

Your fantasizes won't stop you from crapping your pants
Just wait until Hispanics start buying up property from negro shit holes. We'll see what happens when a bunch of negro thugs thinks it can burn down a predominately Hispanic neighborhood.
There is literally no place left for the thug negroes to exist in within a few years.
Peaceful negro people will be most welcome. Fucking simian negro thugs not. There is only two places for them to end up. In prison or the fucking crematorium incinerator.

Nice deflection. IOW, you have no evidence at all? Nothing that actually substantiates your position?

Fox will have to start a riot channel on cable.

I'm going to invest in popcorn stock.

Fox will have to start a riot channel on cable.

I'm going to invest in popcorn stock.

Why? we already have one it's called, PMSnbc, CNN is doing a fine job, ABC, CBS, NYslimes, Washingtoncompost, SALON, mediamatters, oh the choice are so out there

Forum List

Back