Taxation Without Representation -The Case for D.C. Statehood

It's time for D.C. to become a state. It has more population than Vermont and Wyoming. They pay federal taxes, but they have no senators. Didn't we fight because that happened?

View attachment 473481
D.C. Voting Rights: No Representation? No Taxation!

There is no case for DC statehood short of a constitutional amendment.

That is a legal perspective, but how about on an ethical or practical standpoint?

~~~~~~
When have Democrats ever been ethical in their approach to politics except to gain more power?

That is there whole ideology in a nutshell. Its all about gaining power. But watch it kick them in the ass when new conservative states are admitted to the union when the GOP regains control. Remember it was Chuck U. Schumer who eliminated the judicial appointment filibuster--- and President Donald J. Trump who used to the Schumer Rule to cram through hundreds of tremendous judges.

If the District of Columbia is made a state, you can expect Eastern Kentucky and Southern North Dakota to be admitted once the GOP gets in, in order to maintain the balance.
There's no "balance" argument, it's a matter of simple taxation w/o representation.

The people you're talking about already have this.

The citizens of DC do not.
They do have representatives. It’s been a Democrat run shithole for ages.

Let me tell you Moon Bats what real oppression is.

It is when Legislators that are elected by filthy welfare queens pass laws that take my money and give it to the welfare queens that elected them.

That is real taxation without representation.

It's time for D.C. to become a state. It has more population than Vermont and Wyoming. They pay federal taxes, but they have no senators. Didn't we fight because that happened?

View attachment 473481
Not gonna happen. It's not a state, just part shithole like Baltimore and part swamp like the federal government.

You are incapable of making a case that the citizens who live in DC are very likely Democrats and they have a absolute right to have two Senators. Face the fact, Wyoming has 600 people and California has nearly 40 million - both states have two senators; DC has a population a little more than Wyoming.

Now, make a case that Wyoming has two senators and DC none.

Note: The Republican Party can only win if they can - and don't pretend they're not - suppress the vote. The Democratic Party is The Party of the BIG TENT; the party that supports equal rights, and the equal opportunity to secure good jobs able to meet all the needs of the 21st Century, such as: Affordable Health Care; Equal Justice; Jobs which provide a fair wage,(not 287% or less than the CEO, CFO, etc.; fair taxes (not the fraud written by the lame duck H. of Representatives signed by trump).

View attachment 473481
A “state” with zero natural resources or farmland?

The residential areas can be incorporated into Maryland, while the Capitol and monuments and museums can remain DC.

Problem solved.

Correct; I edited my mistake. The City of Washington has a population a little more than that of Wyoming:

Now, make the case to deny the citizens of the City of Washington?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Sure, provided the Federal Government moves the capital out of Washington.

Building a new capital in Area 51 , Nevada might be very possible.

The Constitution specifically states the capital will be in a special federal district ruled by Congress.

Not in a State.
Wrong. And Not necessary.

View attachment 473481

The residential areas can be incorporated into Maryland, while the Capitol and monuments and museums can remain DC.

Problem solved.
Yep a state. No excuses.

View attachment 473481

~~~~~~
Stop living in the past. It's time for D.C. to become a state.

The logical thing would be for its residential areas to be absorbed by Maryland or Delaware.
If you make it a state, then you diminish the representation of all other people in all other states.
And DC is not a normal state.
It has no industry, agriculture, etc., and is extremely skewed and unusual as to income, etc.
It should not be a state.
In fact, the federal government is way too big as it is.
Likely the whole country should be broken up in to 3 or 4 separate countries.
Another way to fix things would be to make federal income tax illegal, have states collect all revenue, and they have each state finance their share of the federal government.
We need to greatly shrink the federal government, and end illegal laws like federal gun or drug laws.
Most of your post is poor excuses. But incorporating it into Maryland does make sense.

Sure, provided the Federal Government moves the capital out of Washington.

Building a new capital in Area 51 , Nevada might be very possible.

The Constitution specifically states the capital will be in a special federal district ruled by Congress.

Not in a State.
Diwingers like IQ2 hate the Constitution.

Face the fact, Wyoming has 600 people and California has nearly 40 million - both states have two senators; DC has a population a little more than Wyoming.
I agree. If Wyoming has only 600 people it should not be a state either even if they do have a hell of a lot of land.

Of course the State of Wyoming has voted for Republican's; we need to petition the DOJ / FBI to investigate how many head of cattle have voted for trump?

See how easy it is to write stupid post? I coining this post a Nostra-dumbist along with other idiot-grams which emanate from the kookiest trump supporters.

Let me tell you Moon Bats what real oppression is.

It is when Legislators that are elected by filthy welfare queens pass laws that take my money and give it to the welfare queens that elected them.

That is real taxation without representation.
The most welfare goes to corporations.

Face the fact, Wyoming has 600 people and California has nearly 40 million - both states have two senators; DC has a population a little more than Wyoming.
I agree. If Wyoming has only 600 people it should not be a state either even if they do have a hell of a lot of land.

Of course the State of Wyoming has voted for Republican's; we need to petition the DOJ / FBI to investigate how many head of cattle have voted for trump?

See how easy it is to write stupid post? I coining this post a Nostra-dumbist along with other idiot-grams which emanate from the kookiest trump supporters.
Are you really stupid enough to think Wyoming only has 600 people?!

View attachment 473481

Problem solved.

Correct; I edited my mistake. The City of Washington has a population a little more than that of Wyoming:

Like I said, give them back to Maryland.

View attachment 473481

Problem solved.

Like I said, give them back to Maryland.
Yeah, I agree. Originally Arlington was part of DC and that was returned to Virginia. Washington can go back to Maryland and become an extension of the urban shithole of Baltimore.

Mea culpa. Wyoming has: 582,328; 268,837 People were registered to vote; I live in Bay Area and everyone of the counties in the East Bay, South Bay and Peninsula have more people than Wyoming. Over a million live in my county. Make an argument why CA with over 12% and Wyoming has O.17% both have US Senators is fair?

Mea culpa. Wyoming has: 582,328; 268,837 People were registered to vote; I live in Bay Area and everyone of the counties in the East Bay, South Bay and Peninsula have more people than Wyoming. Over a million live in my county. Make an argument why CA with over 12% and Wyoming has O.17% both have US Senators is fair?
The point is you were ignorant enough to believe Wyoming had a population of 600. I can't deal with that kind of stupidity. You were only off by 581,728, right?

Forum List

Back