Taxing the wealthy more will have little to no impact on your life or anyone around you

Yes the old far left drone "Tax the rich more, that will solve all our problems"..

No it will not, America has a spending problem, not a revenue problem..

Taxing the rich 90% will not solve much of anything, it may run the federal government for about 18 more hours..

After that where do you go?

They taxing Wall street is the next step, Wall street is already taxed via Capital Gains tax. Even if that was raised to 90% we may get another 20 hours of running the government..

Now that you have taxed everyone and everything the far left wants taxed where do you go to make up the rest of the money?

Far left math is not good for anything!

Taxing the rich 90% would solve ALOT of problems.

Only if you think the problem is we have too many rich people in the US.

Right, tax them at 90% Then state, county and city or town taxes take the rest. Yeah, that will make me want to create wealth and jobs.

Why don't we just buy an airplane so we can fly all the wealthy people out of the country right now? After all, taxing them at 90% will produce the exact same results.

No one actually paid a 90% rate..

I've explained that over and over again.

By the way, when it was 90%? None of them left.

Where were they going to go?

Businesses up and move on a heartbeat today. Unlike years ago when travel was dangerous and moving businesses overseas was not profitable, people had no choice but to put up with taxation.

Because we outpaced ourselves in wages, people in other countries work for far less money. Businesses can operate using our internet and computer systems. Companies no longer have to fly VIP's across the country or world to have meetings. They have meetings over the internet on one of our dozens of services--some even for free.

So for me to move my widget business is a no brainer if the government here is going to take all my money anyway. What do I have to lose? I have everything to gain by leaving the US.

YOU DO REALIZE IF YOU WANT TO DO BUSINESS IN THE US, REGARDLESS OF WHERE YOU ARE H/Q, YOU WOULD OWE US TAXES RIGHT?

Reasonable taxes yes, unreasonable, no.

The US has the second highest corporate tax rate in the world. Granted not all pay that tax, but still many do.

So it all depends on where your industry falls when it comes to taxation. Some do better here while others don't.

Yes the old far left drone "Tax the rich more, that will solve all our problems"..

No it will not, America has a spending problem, not a revenue problem..

Taxing the rich 90% will not solve much of anything, it may run the federal government for about 18 more hours..

After that where do you go?

They taxing Wall street is the next step, Wall street is already taxed via Capital Gains tax. Even if that was raised to 90% we may get another 20 hours of running the government..

Now that you have taxed everyone and everything the far left wants taxed where do you go to make up the rest of the money?

Far left math is not good for anything!

Right, tax them at 90% Then state, county and city or town taxes take the rest. Yeah, that will make me want to create wealth and jobs.

Why don't we just buy an airplane so we can fly all the wealthy people out of the country right now? After all, taxing them at 90% will produce the exact same results.

Non-Partisan Congressional Tax Report Debunks Core Conservative Economic Theory

The conclusion?

Lowering the tax rates on the wealthy and top earners in America do not appear to have any impact on the nation’s economic growth.

This paragraph from the report says it all—

“The reduction in the top tax rates appears to be uncorrelated with saving, investment and productivity growth. The top tax rates appear to have little or no relation to the size of the economic pie. However, the top tax rate reductions appear to be associated with the increasing concentration of income at the top of the income distribution.”

Non-Partisan Congressional Tax Report Debunks Core Conservative Economic Theory-GOP Suppresses Study

HISTORICAL effective tax rates

average_effective_federal_tax_rates.png

Wonderful. Now what does this have to do with a 90% tax rate?

Honesty doesn't dictate anything of the sort. If the IRS could prove they didn't earn the money in Ireland, don't you think the IRS would have audited Apple and charged them for any taxes they owed?

Tax Dodge: Apple, Pfizer Among Top Companies That Added Nearly $90B To Their Offshore Cash Hoards Through Tax Inversion In 2014

...Last year, U.S. companies added $154.5 billion to their cash hoard in subsidiaries established in well-known tax haven countries like the Cayman Islands and Luxembourg, according to company data compiled by Bloomberg in a report published Wednesday. A little more than $2.09 trillion from hundreds of U.S. companies now sits outside of the reach of the Internal Revenue Service in countries that charge little to no taxes on corporate earnings made outside their borders.

Companies with substantial international operations or that earn money from intellectual property are more likely to take advantage of the tax loophole. Global industrial heavyweight General Electric has long held the top slot as the biggest tax inverter, at $119 billion. The company uses this cash to reinvest in its massive global business operations, including oil and gas equipment, home appliances and power and water systems.

Tax Dodge: Apple, Pfizer Among Top Companies That Added Nearly $90B To Their Offshore Cash Hoards Through Tax Inversion In 2014
Only a stupid company would want to pay the tax set by this federal government...

Yep, REAL patriots you CONS are

So patriotism is acting stupidly against your own interests?

Right, I'm the liberal brand of patriot.

Liberal Dictionary:
=====================================
Patriot - Sucker

Yeah those rich guys are hurting since conservative/GOP policy has pushed US debt to $18 trillion right?

Funny. It was only 10 trillion when DumBama took office with a Democrat Congress.

First you post I should write my congressman to ask for a flat tax and they you post I make no sense.

:lol:

Flat tax is bull.

Simple enough.
You have an opinion on the flat tax....You don't like the current tax code....And I'm the bad guy here.
Tell me, what is wrong with everyone paying the same rate and eliminating most deductions?
What is wrong with an individual being able to prepare his or her tax return form in a matter of minutes? One one page?
Why does the US tax Code have to be over 79,000 pages?
You complained about an OP writing off business travel, yet you refuse to allow the rules to be changed. And I'm the bad guy.....
All you ever do here is complain and call people names. Your favorite( all libs do this)...Racist.....

The flat tax won't get rid of the IRS. Only a consumption based tax such at the FAIR tax will accomplish that.

Actually I'm for neither. I'm all for a progressive consumption tax, that way everybody rich or poor has a stake in the game.
The poorest 20% pay 20% in all taxes and fees, the richest 28%. Don't be duped.

Pay attention. We're talking about income taxes here--not all taxes.
For no other reason than that it fits your narrative.

OMG Read something.

I've read a lot. Would you care to see what I read?

I didn't think so.
Absolutely. But I'm afraid it's Pubcrappe. I'm always asking for links. Links?

JUL 7, 2013 @ 10:00 AM 6,904 VIEWS
It's Time To Sequester Green Energy Subsidies, Not Mythical Oil And Gas Tax Breaks

"Using a very broad definition applied by Oil Change International, the term “subsidies” refers to: “any government action that lowers the cost of fossil fuel energy production, raises the price received by energy producers, or lowers the price paid by consumers.” So based upon the first of these criteria, let’s assume that the president is referring to three types of oil and gas company tax “loopholes”: 1) an oil depletion allowance; 2) expensing drilling costs; and 3), a credit for taxes paid to foreign nations during foreign operations (a foreign tax credit). Yet in one form or another, these same advantages are extended to other industries as well, and often with more generous benefits.

Oil depletion allowances, the first category, principally apply to small independent producers, with similar benefits available for all mineral extraction, timber industries, etc., allowing them to pass the depletion on to individual investors. Large integrated corporations haven’t been eligible for these since the mid-1970s. Expensing indirect drilling costs involves writing off expenses in the year incurred rather than capitalizing them and writing them off over several years. Closing this “loophole” would only change the timing of taking he expense, not the total amounts of the so-called “subsidy”. The third category, a tax credit for taxes paid to foreign nations, is available for all international companies. This provides an offset to foreign taxes, often paid as royalties, so that the companies aren’t taxed twice on the same income.

The oil and gas extraction and refining has already been singled out to receive even fewer tax breaks than other industries. Whereas Section 199 of the “American Job Creation Act of 2004” provides a 9% deduction from net income for businesses engaged in “qualified production activities”, oil and gas was penalized and limited to a 6% deduction. Passed with strong bipartisan congressional support, the intent was to provide a competitive advantage to domestic companies engaged in product manufacturing, sales, leasing or licensing, and production-related software activities.

Many manufacturing industries, including farm equipment, appliances and pharmaceuticals take advantage of the full Section 199 deduction. Even highly profitable companies like Microsoft and Apple get those breaks, as do some foreign companies that operate factories in the U.S."

It's Time To Sequester Green Energy Subsidies, Not Mythical Oil And Gas Tax Breaks
Forbes is Murdoch- this guy is a bought off POS
  1. Forbes, Larry Bell, and the Climate of Corruption...
    thinkprogress.org/.../07/207304/forbes-larry-bell-and-the...
    Jan 06, 2011 · Architecture professor and columnist Larry Bell has a new book of climate science disinformation out, Climate of Corruption. You can save yourself the tro

2. Larry Bell - SourceWatch
    www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Larry_Bell
    Nov 09, 2011 · Larry Bell is a weekly columnist for Forbes Magazine with no evident climate expertise who writes columns dismissing climate science, . He is listed as ...

Oh, so you don't like Forbes now do ya?

Well I'll go further left. How about FactCheck?

Oil Company Tax Breaks?

Both leading Democratic candidates have referred to tax breaks to oil companies:

Clinton, July 23, 2007: First of all, I have proposed a strategic energy fund that I would fund by taking away the tax break for the oil companies, which have gotten much greater under Bush and Cheney.

Obama, June 22, 2007: In the face of furious lobbying, Congress brushed aside incentives for the production of more renewable fuels in favor of more tax breaks for the oil and gas companies.

Both candidates are referring to H.R. 6, the 2005 energy bill that contained $14.3 billion in subsidies for energy companies. However, as we’ve reported numerous times, a vast majority of those subsidies (all but $2.8 billion) were for nuclear power, energy-efficient cars and buildings, and renewable fuels research. In addition, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service, the tax changes in the 2005 energy bill produced a net tax increase for the oil and gas companies, as we’ve reported time and time and time again. They did get some breaks, but they had more taken away.

Oil and Gas Company Tax Breaks

When you mess with the best, you die like the rest.:blues:
Sounds like a good bill except the billions going to oil companies swimming in profits. I mean ridiculous profits and low taxes.

...Last year, U.S. companies added $154.5 billion to their cash hoard in subsidiaries established in well-known tax haven countries like the Cayman Islands and Luxembourg, according to company data compiled by Bloomberg in a report published Wednesday. A little more than $2.09 trillion from hundreds of U.S. companies now sits outside of the reach of the Internal Revenue Service in countries that charge little to no taxes on corporate earnings made outside their borders.

Companies with substantial international operations or that earn money from intellectual property are more likely to take advantage of the tax loophole. Global industrial heavyweight General Electric has long held the top slot as the biggest tax inverter, at $119 billion. The company uses this cash to reinvest in its massive global business operations, including oil and gas equipment, home appliances and power and water systems.

Only a stupid company would want to pay the tax set by this federal government...

Yep, REAL patriots you CONS are

So patriotism is acting stupidly against your own interests?

Right, I'm the liberal brand of patriot.

Liberal Dictionary:
=====================================
Patriot - Sucker

Yeah those rich guys are hurting since conservative/GOP policy has pushed US debt to $18 trillion right?

Funny. It was only 10 trillion when DumBama took office with a Democrat Congress.
80% of Obama's is fixing the corrupt Booosh World Depression and helping its victims (STILL 400 billion a year). And not dumb at all.

Businesses up and move on a heartbeat today. Unlike years ago when travel was dangerous and moving businesses overseas was not profitable, people had no choice but to put up with taxation.

Because we outpaced ourselves in wages, people in other countries work for far less money. Businesses can operate using our internet and computer systems. Companies no longer have to fly VIP's across the country or world to have meetings. They have meetings over the internet on one of our dozens of services--some even for free.

So for me to move my widget business is a no brainer if the government here is going to take all my money anyway. What do I have to lose? I have everything to gain by leaving the US.

YOU DO REALIZE IF YOU WANT TO DO BUSINESS IN THE US, REGARDLESS OF WHERE YOU ARE H/Q, YOU WOULD OWE US TAXES RIGHT?

The US has the second highest corporate tax rate in the world. Granted not all pay that tax, but still many do.

So it all depends on where your industry falls when it comes to taxation. Some do better here while others don't.
12.7% Effective rate. A disgrace. Many Big Corps don't pay their fair share.

Well this extreme underpaying is what grows government. As long as the rich pay so little the gov will grow.

"Underpaying" what? How does paying less grow government?

Creates government dependence, more need for welfare.

How can it create government dependence before anyone has become dependent on the government?

? Walmart for example pays so little that employees collect welfare. By paying so little walmart is creating government dependence and increasing the size of government. Meanwhile the waltons make billions each year not working. If they paid enough that employees were not on welfare it would decrease government dependence. Before you know it those people would probably want tax breaks.

How long have you been on this planet anyway?

For your information, minimum wage has always been that--minimum. So why focus on Walmart? Because you were told to focus on Walmart.

Walmart is no different than K-Mart, than Target, than Home Depot, than True Value Hardware, than any other entry level job. They all pay minimum wage.

When the left wants to brainwash people, they show you or tell you about the lowly shelf stocker at Walmart. Well soooorrrry. I'm sorry you didn't get an education or secure a trade, but that's not Walmart's fault.

What the left doesn't tell you is how well Walmart pays their managers, their warehouse people, their truck drivers, their office staff, everybody else but that floor washer you are so obsessed with.

Minimum wage is nothing new either. When I first got out into the workforce, minimum wage was $3.25 per hour. Yes, that was some years ago, but you still couldn't afford to support yourself. So what did we do if we were stuck at a minimum wage job? We worked more hours. We'd work 10 hour days plus the weekend if need be. If your job didn't offer weekend work, you found another job for the weekends. We would try to advance ourselves at the job we had. But what we didn't do is go on some welfare program because we had too much pride and welfare programs back then didn't pay anything.

Your rant has little to do with my point. Picked Walmart cause they are the largest employer. Like I said, paying so little increases government dependence.

Last edited:
Why not end the capital gains distinction for firms having unfilled positions more than one quarter; it should be more effective than any tax holiday, unfortunately.

Last edited:
When you deduct the travel from taxes, that means less taxes are collected.

It's:

A. A subsidy to the company that is doing the deduction.
B. It's a subsidy to the travel industry.
C. It's a subsidy to the credit card industry.

Someone has to pay for that.

But certainly not the bottom 47% of American earners who pay no federal income tax, eh sport?

According to your "thinking," the money we earn actually belongs to the gov't and anything they don't take from us in taxes is a "subsidy."

Typical whiny, sniveling loony left POV.

When you deduct the travel from taxes, that means less taxes are collected.

It's:

A. A subsidy to the company that is doing the deduction.
B. It's a subsidy to the travel industry.
C. It's a subsidy to the credit card industry.

Someone has to pay for that.

But certainly not the bottom 47% of American earners who pay no federal income tax, eh sport?

According to your "thinking," the money we earn actually belongs to the gov't and anything they don't take from us in taxes is a "subsidy."

Typical whiny, sniveling loony left POV.
just for comparison and contrast.

why not end our war on drugs?

"Underpaying" what? How does paying less grow government?

Creates government dependence, more need for welfare.

How can it create government dependence before anyone has become dependent on the government?

? Walmart for example pays so little that employees collect welfare. By paying so little walmart is creating government dependence and increasing the size of government. Meanwhile the waltons make billions each year not working. If they paid enough that employees were not on welfare it would decrease government dependence. Before you know it those people would probably want tax breaks.

How long have you been on this planet anyway?

For your information, minimum wage has always been that--minimum. So why focus on Walmart? Because you were told to focus on Walmart.

Walmart is no different than K-Mart, than Target, than Home Depot, than True Value Hardware, than any other entry level job. They all pay minimum wage.

When the left wants to brainwash people, they show you or tell you about the lowly shelf stocker at Walmart. Well soooorrrry. I'm sorry you didn't get an education or secure a trade, but that's not Walmart's fault.

What the left doesn't tell you is how well Walmart pays their managers, their warehouse people, their truck drivers, their office staff, everybody else but that floor washer you are so obsessed with.

Minimum wage is nothing new either. When I first got out into the workforce, minimum wage was $3.25 per hour. Yes, that was some years ago, but you still couldn't afford to support yourself. So what did we do if we were stuck at a minimum wage job? We worked more hours. We'd work 10 hour days plus the weekend if need be. If your job didn't offer weekend work, you found another job for the weekends. We would try to advance ourselves at the job we had. But what we didn't do is go on some welfare program because we had too much pride and welfare programs back then didn't pay anything.

Your rant has little to do with my point. Picked Walmart cause they are the largest employer. Like I said, paying so little increases government dependence.

The alternative being many more unemployed people who would be totally dependent on gov't for their survival. Is that really what you want?
The problem isn't low wages but rather the knowledge that if one works a part-time job at WalMart, the gov't will supplement that income, thus making the need for better skills or a second job unnecessary.

socialism bailing out capitalism, like usual. the right Only complains about the use of the other Peoples' money when the least wealthy may receive some social benefit.

12.7% Effective rate. A disgrace. Many Big Corps don't pay their fair share.

Does that family of four paying zero in income taxes until the gross income is almost $50,000/year, based solely on the makeup of the family, pay their fair share?

socialism bailing out capitalism, like usual. the right Only complains about the use of the other Peoples' money when the least wealthy may receive some social benefit.

How does socialism bail out problems it caused?

How many of those receiving social welfare handouts fund the pot from which they draw? The answer is none. If they are eligible to draw, they don't fund and vice versa.

How many of those receiving social welfare handouts fund the pot from which they draw? The answer is none. If they are eligible to draw, they don't fund and vice versa.
how is it socialism's fault that capitalists want to socialize their costs and their taxes as much as possible?

why not simplify unemployment compensation funding into a general tax on firms? it would be much simpler than our current regime.

and, socialism requires social morals for free; thus, we Only have social problems due to a lack of morals.

capitalism can only engender capital morals for a price.

If men were angels, no government would be necessary.

how is it socialism's fault that capitalists want to socialize their costs and their taxes as much as possible?

why not simplify unemployment compensation funding into a general tax on firms? it would be much simpler than our current regime.

and, socialism requires social morals for free; thus, we Only have social problems due to a lack of morals.

If capitalists wanted to socialize their costs, they wouldn't be capitalists.

Why not let you bleeding hearts support those unemployed instead of expecting others to do it?

Whose morals? You lefties constantly talk about not having morals shoved on you then shove yours when it suits you.

If people like you would show the compassion you claim you have by using your own money, government wouldn't be necessary in that realm. If you see a need, meet it. The government doesn't need to be involved if you truly care as much as you say you do.

The fruit of capitalism pays for all our social bennies, little buddy, including but not limited to the medical and scientific advancements that make things like our communication possible on this forum.

This pretty much illustrates what every liberal does when they believe anything their socialists tell them.

epic-long-jump-olympics-faceplant-1350229141v.gif

If capitalists wanted to socialize their costs, they wouldn't be capitalists.

Why not let you bleeding hearts support those unemployed instead of expecting others to do it?

Whose morals? You lefties constantly talk about not having morals shoved on you then shove yours when it suits you.

If people like you would show the compassion you claim you have by using your own money, government wouldn't be necessary in that realm. If you see a need, meet it. The government doesn't need to be involved if you truly care as much as you say you do.
how does that work for corporate welfare? in any case, i won't quibble labels in this discussion. i agree to imply crony forms of capitalism when i claim capital intents and purposes.

because that is socializing costs for others via public accommodation. why not insist capitalist go not-for-the-profit-of-lucre when engaging their subjective value of morals.

Equality is a social moral. Why do the wealthiest object to paying for the finest economy money can buy?

Forum List

Back