Teacher Defends Showing Her Class Gay Disney Film

Can anybody just imagine how all the Stalinists here would be screaming if a central character was an Evangelical Christian, instead?

They would be screaming bloody murder until the spittle covered their keyboards.
Assumes facts not in evidence. Rome and Juliet has a priest/monk (I forget what he was) as a central character.
We also watched Becket in Jr. High English (about the Archbishop of Canterbury).

I disagree with you about homosexuality being evil, as I see nothing wrong with it.

What I oppose is treating children like pawns, which is the very subject of this thread, and which the Stalinists here all SUPPORT.

All the Stalinists understand is woke religion = good and any other religion (except Islam) = evil.

It was a cartoon with a single gay character in it...nobody was being used as a pawn

Reality check

This was a first-year teacher who showed a REALLY BAD Disney movie as a reward. Good idea? Nope, not even close. Worth all this? No.

Everyone take a deep breath. Please. I'm so dead sick of all our moral panics.

I thought it over and you do have a point.

Reality check

This was a first-year teacher who showed a REALLY BAD Disney movie as a reward. Good idea? Nope, not even close. Worth all this? No.

Everyone take a deep breath. Please. I'm so dead sick of all our moral panics.
So, instead of showing them a really good Disney film, she chose to them a really bad one.

Logic would dictate that she chose a really bad one for a reason

That reason is obvious.

So, instead of showing them a really good Disney film, she chose to them a really bad one.

That reason is obvious.

Yes I know but Sue also has a point. I've seen worse stuff in the news. A whole lot worse. I realize that that doesn't make this situation any better, but still.

That reason is obvious.

Yes, the reason is obvious ...the movie is new and many of the students might not have seen it yet.

We watched the 1968 version in Junior High. I don't recall what year I was in now. I do remember the teacher instructing us how we were old enough to appreciate the movie and story without resorting to snickering when the quick flash of a breast was on screen.

No one did that I recall. I'm sure this would be a no-no in many areas today.
The actors from that film are suing the production company and the director.

Yes, the reason is obvious ...the movie is new and many of the students might not have seen it yet.
And its about the subject matter of the class.

When we were in 6th grade we read about a kid who was kidnapped by Apaches (Savage Sam sequel to old Yeller). Nothing like a nice book about being kidnapped and watching as the Apaches wipe out the rescue party! A fun time had for all!

We also watched the Alamo in Texas History, and Shenandoah in US history - both Jr. High. Made a diorama of the Monitor vs. the Merrimac and got free tickets from my teacher for me and Dad to see the Astros. Fun times.

If my daughter married one, we would have serious questions on whose family is obliged to pay for the wedding.

Once we get past that, the rest should be easy.
If your daughter married a gay guy I'm pretty sure the funds for the wedding would just be the start.

Umm I got nothing anymore except more students ( only from schools and classrooms like these) need to start walking out. That's the ONLY way that this madness is going to end.

Its a disney film with a gay character in it. What about the existence of gay people is 'indoctrinating'?

So the people saying the Florida "don't say gay" bill were actually right, and the goal is to not allow mention of LGBT at all? Going to be a problem in history class when discussing the Greeks no? No Elton John for you! :meow:

These religious fuckers want to control your lives and force you to live in the same ways as the taliban, saudi arabia and other religious shit holes. Talk about big massive government! These people are masters at it. Right up your ass.

There's nothing wrong with being gay.

Statically, so are redheads. Yet I don't see you fragile, fragile folk shitting your collective panties over Brave.

I ask again, what about the existence of gay people is 'indoctrinating'?
We know the answer...The cold truth is these people believe in stone aged bullshit that want to kill, punish and destroy gays. This is why I call them the American taliban. Just accepting gays is indoctrination in their minds.

Forum List

Back