Teacher fired for racist comments

Invalidate his retirement. Send back the retirement money he contributed, without interest, and terminate from the system.

invalidate his retirement? you're not a republican by any standard. he has a vested contract right to that retirement. no way a republican believes otherwise. what he did, if true, was wrong, and you don't even know if it is true, that does not mean he doesn't get his retirement. sorry jake, but your far leftist views are wrong again.

Welcome back.

Now you are supporting vesting union rights?

Can't have it both ways, bub.

My suggestion is both republican and democratic.

Our children and grand children cannot have such teachers in the system.

i didn't go anywhere, it is you who left this thread.

and yes, i support contract rights, be it union or otherwise. i have no idea what dishonest crap you're spewing by saying "can't have it both ways".

you're suggestion is far left wing. you want to take away rights if someone speaks an ideology you don't agree with. you want to take away someone's EARNED money simply because they speak an ideology you don't agree with.

you're right, if this teacher made those racist comments, he shouldn't be in the system. that doesn't mean you get to rob him of his pension you left wing thug.

Teacher is being fired for being stupid...he's standing in a SCHOOL surrounded by union teachers and bureaucrats, using terms that can be construed as racist while criticizing teacher's pet, Barry O ...might as well have walked into a steel mill and yelled, "Budweiser sucks!!!"... school teacher (in today's public schools) was wrong job for this guy...and I wouldn't put up with him calling my kid "stupid" in a private school...

I work in a steel mill, and Budweiser does suck. :tongue:

Why is the leader of the teachers union in Chicago not fired for her racist comments like Off with their heads , talking about conservatives Karen Lewis 'Off With Their Heads' Comment: Chicago Teachers Union President Stirs Conservative Ire

Chicago Teachers Union president spews racial hate speech, ignores truth about minority parents | Fox News

Ohio teacher loses job for racist comment

FAIRFIELD, Ohio — A suburban Cincinnati teacher, accused of making a racist remark to a black student, lost his job after a labor hearing.

Gil Voigt, a Fairfield Freshman School science teacher since 2000, has been on unpaid leave since December when he told a student who had professed his desire to follow in the footsteps of President Barack Obama that "we do not need another black president."

"There is good and just cause to terminate the teaching contract," a state referee said Thursday in a letter to the Fairfield Board of Education. The board voted 4-0 with one board member absent to end his employment with the Butler County school system.

Voigt declined to comment but previously said the student, whom he has described as troublesome, misquoted him in the Dec. 3 incident.

He later told Fairfield officials that what he said to the teen was "I think we can't afford another president like Obama, whether he's black or white."

A previous review of Voigt's personnel file showed that in 2008 he was accused of calling a student an "African-American Rudolph" while aiming a laser pointer at the pupil, in 2013 he received a verbal warning after being accused of calling one student "stupid" and others "gay," and in December he was warned for failing to use the adopted curriculum.

Fairfield Superintendent Paul Otten also recommended Thursday that the board discontinue the veteran teacher's employment contract.

Let's see what she said:

“Rich white people,” she proclaimed in a speech two weeks ago, “think they know what’s in the best interest of children of African-Americans and Latinos, no matter what the parents’ income or educational level.”

She said that in response to those with persistent calls for school reforms to improve student performance in Chicago.

It is racist, she's stereotyping, assuming all complaints are coming from one source when she doesn't not have the facts.

It is interesting she wasn't fired, but I guess there are different standards when she speaks as the union president, than when she speaks as a teacher.

If she said that to a classroom of students I would expect her to be fired, but I sincerely doubt she would be.

Let's see what she said:

“Rich white people,” she proclaimed in a speech two weeks ago, “think they know what’s in the best interest of children of African-Americans and Latinos, no matter what the parents’ income or educational level.”

She said that in response to those with persistent calls for school reforms to improve student performance in Chicago.

It is racist, she's stereotyping, assuming all complaints are coming from one source when she doesn't not have the facts.

It is interesting she wasn't fired, but I guess there are different standards when she speaks as the union president, than when she speaks as a teacher.

If she said that to a classroom of students I would expect her to be fired, but I sincerely doubt she would be.

She didnt say it to a white child.

Let's see what she said:

I know, but it is still a very provocative statement.

Let's see what she said:

So what? Its probably true and she was talking to adults. If they cant handle the truth then they shouldn't be part of decision making. Regardless the incidents have nothing to do with each other.

invalidate his retirement? you're not a republican by any standard. he has a vested contract right to that retirement. no way a republican believes otherwise. what he did, if true, was wrong, and you don't even know if it is true, that does not mean he doesn't get his retirement. sorry jake, but your far leftist views are wrong again.

Welcome back.

and yes, i support contract rights, be it union or otherwise. i have no idea what dishonest crap you're spewing by saying "can't have it both ways".

you're suggestion is far left wing. you want to take away rights if someone speaks an ideology you don't agree with. you want to take away someone's EARNED money simply because they speak an ideology you don't agree with.

you're right, if this teacher made those racist comments, he shouldn't be in the system. that doesn't mean you get to rob him of his pension you left wing thug.

My suggestion is all American. Your suggestion is far right reactionary thug. We won't put up with your types in our schools.

The American people will not allow the far right to dumb down American education.
You have got to be kidding. Unionized left-wing teachers are more concerned with indoctrination than education. Why the hell do you think American has so many stupid and self-righteous kids?

Because too many parents are afraid of science and empirical data.

The American people will not allow the far right to dumb down American education.
You have got to be kidding. Unionized left-wing teachers are more concerned with indoctrination than education. Why the hell do you think American has so many stupid and self-righteous kids?

^ leftwing talking points ^

.........but i'm a republican.................

Welcome back.

My suggestion is all American. Your suggestion is far right reactionary thug. We won't put up with your types in our schools.

wait...so upholding a contract makes me a far right reactionary thug?????

saying if the teacher made those comments he should be fired.....makes me a far right reactionary thug?????

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

you have zero credibility

...so upholding a contract makes me a far right reactionary thug????? saying if the teacher made those comments he should be fired.....makes me a far right reactionary thug?????
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: you have zero credibility

The teacher violated his contract and was fired after several chances.

Of course your protection of him makes you a far right thug supporting the union.

You are confused. And a hypocrite. And a liar. Nothing new.

^ leftwing talking points ^

.........but i'm a republican.................

All American center of the population talking points.

So what? Its probably true and she was talking to adults. If they cant handle the truth then they shouldn't be part of decision making. Regardless the incidents have nothing to do with each other.

Baloney, she made a broadbrushed stereotype, and I just want to see some consistency. As far as I know other than a mention of it on a few blogs or FOX NEWS she didn't receive any kind of reprimand. Juan Williams did call her out, but in an official capacity nothing happened.

Say your mind = get fired!

Really scary.

Not at all.

There's a time and place. If I want my kids indoctrinated to the KKK, I can do that at home.

Teachers need to leave their stupidity and racism outside the classroom.

Teacher is being fired for being stupid...he's standing in a SCHOOL surrounded by union teachers and bureaucrats, using terms that can be construed as racist while criticizing teacher's pet, Barry O ...might as well have walked into a steel mill and yelled, "Budweiser sucks!!!"... school teacher (in today's public schools) was wrong job for this guy...and I wouldn't put up with him calling my kid "stupid" in a private school...

I work in a steel mill, and Budweiser does suck. :tongue:

Well see ... There's your problem right there:

Budweiser tries to pass for beer. It isn't made in a steel mill.

Baloney, she made a broadbrushed stereotype, and I just want to see some consistency. As far as I know other than a mention of it on a few blogs or FOX NEWS she didn't receive any kind of reprimand. Juan Williams did call her out, but in an official capacity nothing happened.

No one cares what you want to see. Stay on topic. Evidently you don't have a dictionary and you don't know how to compare incidents. She was quite specific. She said "rich white people". She also had the intelligence and courage not to hide and say it to a child. Use an incident that actually is apples to apples. Find an incident of a Black teacher telling a white child we dont need anymore white presidents. Maybe then you would have some sort of point.

Last edited:
...so upholding a contract makes me a far right reactionary thug????? saying if the teacher made those comments he should be fired.....makes me a far right reactionary thug?????

Of course your protection of him makes you a far right thug supporting the union.

by saying he should be fired if he made those comments is....me protecting him.....is me being a hypocrite and a liar

:lol:

by saying he should be fired if he made those comments is....me protecting him.....is me being a hypocrite and a liar :lol:

Yup, you are protecting him for make racist comments over the years, which is exactly what the union was doing, trying to protect him.

Can't have it both ways.

by saying he should be fired if he made those comments is....me protecting him.....is me being a hypocrite and a liar :lol:

Yup, you are protecting him for make racist comments over the years, which is exactly what the union was doing, trying to protect him.

Can't have it both ways.

LOL

yeah...the union said he should be fired.

you can't lie without looking stupid jake

Forum List

Back