🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Teacher Pay

I wish I could get paid and only work nine months out of the year.

Then become a teacher.

Well, if that is your only reason don't bother.

Thank you for your response. However, you have failed to answer either question. To avoid breaking the "no hijacking" rule for this forum, please answer the questions. Feel free to express your views on why one should become a teacher after you have provided answers to the two questions I posed in the OP.

How much teachers get paid ? state by state

That should save people a lot of trouble with question number 1. As far as question number 2 and the so calked no hijacking full yo can go ................ Your self.... My apologies to the CDZ.
Thank you for your response. However, despite your assertions, you have failed to answer either question. The first question deals with opinion, and no opinions are provided in your link. The second question is not at all addressed in your link. To avoid breaking the "no hijacking" rule for this forum, please answer the questions. Feel free to express your views on the average teacher pay by state, your disdain for doing research, your aversion to staying on topic, and your lack of respect for the rules of this forum after you have provided answers to the two questions I posed in the OP.

Two questions:

1. Do you believe that public school teacher pay in your state should be raised, lowered, or stay the same?

2. How much is a first-year teacher paid as an employee of the school district in your area?

I think there are many misconceptions about teacher's pay and about their workload. I do not know what they make in my area, but some of the comments I have have bordered on ridiculous.

I frankly don't know why any person with half a brain would bother to teach as they are sacrificing their earning potential. I would steer anybody who is thinking of teaching(even if I think they would be great at it) from teaching.

I frankly don't know why any person with half a brain would bother to teach as they are sacrificing their earning potential. I would steer anybody who is thinking of teaching(even if I think they would be great at it) from teaching.

Most people don't go into teaching with an eye to maximizing their earning potential. They do it because they believe they can make a difference and they know there are other rewards.

It goes with the old adage "Do what you love, and never work a day in your life".

Two questions:

1. Do you believe that public school teacher pay in your state should be raised, lowered, or stay the same?

2. How much is a first-year teacher paid as an employee of the school district in your area?

I feel this is fair

The average annual salary for a Nevada schoolteacher is estimated to be $55,957, about $400 below the national average, according to the federal data. The average American public school teacher makes $56,383 a year.

In the Clark County School District, the average teacher makes $66,000 a year, including benefits, according to the district. Salaries for first-year teachers start around $35,000 and top out around $71,000 for a veteran teacher with a Ph.D. and advanced certification.

Nevada has the 18th highest average teacher salary, according to an analysis by Jon Boeckenstedt, associate vice president at DePaul University in Chicago.

Considering that the single biggest factor in whether a student does well is the effort the student puts in, taking away the teacher's pay seems counterproductive.

Discipline.
If a teacher can't control the class, they're rubbish at their job so deserve a pay cut.

Thank you for your response. However, you have failed to answer either question. To avoid breaking the "no hijacking" rule for this forum, please answer the questions. Feel free to express your views on how much of a bonus or pay dock teachers should get in your local school district after you have provided answers to the two questions I posed.

I have answered.
I believe teachers should be paid what they're worth.
If good, they get a rise; if crap, take a cut (or the sack).

What isn't fair about that?

So no teacher would ever be willing to teach the kids who need good teachers the most?

The odd bad kid wouldn't have so much effect on the general results so this wouldn't be a factor.
If you have a class full of really bad kids, bad for all teachers, that can be taken into consideration.

[

The question is not "What SHOULD teacher pay be" but rather "What IS teacher pay" for your area.

The starting salary for a new grad is around US $262/month, rising to $437 for the better paid, more experienced staff.
I get rather a lot more than that.

Considering that the single biggest factor in whether a student does well is the effort the student puts in, taking away the teacher's pay seems counterproductive.

Discipline.
If a teacher can't control the class, they're rubbish at their job so deserve a pay cut.

So the teacher is solely responsible for discipline? Really? Funny, but the administrators who tie the teachers hands on discipline make more than the teachers, and you don't seem to want to dock their pay. And the parents who couldn't manage to teach respect don't seem to lose anything either. Just the teacher.

I have answered.
I believe teachers should be paid what they're worth.
If good, they get a rise; if crap, take a cut (or the sack).

What isn't fair about that?

So no teacher would ever be willing to teach the kids who need good teachers the most?

The odd bad kid wouldn't have so much effect on the general results so this wouldn't be a factor.
If you have a class full of really bad kids, bad for all teachers, that can be taken into consideration.

And who determines how many bad kids will be acceptable and if it is under that number you dock the teacher's pay?

Luckily you don't get to have a say.

[

The question is not "What SHOULD teacher pay be" but rather "What IS teacher pay" for your area.

The starting salary for a new grad is around US $262/month, rising to $437 for the better paid, more experienced staff.

Congrats. But I doubt any teachers chooses their profession based on the paycheck.

Sometimes other things are more valuable to a person.

Discipline.

So the teacher is solely responsible for discipline? Really? Funny, but the administrators who tie the teachers hands on discipline make more than the teachers, and you don't seem to want to dock their pay. And the parents who couldn't manage to teach respect don't seem to lose anything either. Just the teacher.

I said nothing about admin staff - you made that up.
A kid who is that bad should be removed from school so the parents are stuck with them.
I mentioned neither of these things so don't make things up and try to say I said them.

And who determines how many bad kids will be acceptable and if it is under that number you dock the teacher's pay?

Luckily you don't get to have a say.

If kids do badly in one class but the other teachers have little or no problem, the fault is clear.
If one or two kids are doing badly but the rest are reasonable, it's probably the kids' fault.

I think the main problem here is the inability to think outside left wing union ideals regarding equality of pay.

I believe that to be a very poor idea.

[

Congrats. But I doubt any teachers chooses their profession based on the paycheck.

Sometimes other things are more valuable to a person.

Your knowledge of the world seems to be a little limited.
Are you a teacher?

If you are, I suggest a little extra education so you'll have a clue what you're talking about.

The quoted salaries are about average for an educated person in this area.

Forum List

Back