🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ted Cruz Blames Democrats For Congressional Dysfunction

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) is worried about dysfunction in Congress, but he's placing the blame for inaction squarely at the feet of Democrats in Washington.

"It should embarrass all of us, and it's the result of a deliberate partisan decision," the Texas Republican said in an interview scheduled to air on NBC's "Meet the Press" on Sunday.

It's a bit much for the ideological bomb-thrower to lament dysfunction in Congress just days after vowing to block all nominees to an understaffed State Department until the White House explains why the Federal Aviation Administration temporarily grounded U.S. flights to Israel. And there's still the matter of last year's federal government shutdown, which was spurred by Cruz's quixotic demand to defund the Affordable Care Act.

More: Ted Cruz Blames Democrats For Congressional Dysfunction

Does that moron actually believe that - or is it just more political theater and red meat for the hardcore right? I suspect most of his followers believe it.

Chris Matthews described him perfectly, Joe McCarthy with brains.

I think that all in all he probably won't run for POTUS. He knows he can't win a national election.

He's going to follow the money and try to stay relevant, grab as much air and ink as he can and get rich doing it. In short, he's Sarah Palin in a tie and pants.

He is your next AG.
Who is going to appoint him AG? Got a name?

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) is worried about dysfunction in Congress, but he's placing the blame for inaction squarely at the feet of Democrats in Washington.

"It should embarrass all of us, and it's the result of a deliberate partisan decision," the Texas Republican said in an interview scheduled to air on NBC's "Meet the Press" on Sunday.

It's a bit much for the ideological bomb-thrower to lament dysfunction in Congress just days after vowing to block all nominees to an understaffed State Department until the White House explains why the Federal Aviation Administration temporarily grounded U.S. flights to Israel. And there's still the matter of last year's federal government shutdown, which was spurred by Cruz's quixotic demand to defund the Affordable Care Act.

Does that moron actually believe that - or is it just more political theater and red meat for the hardcore right? I suspect most of his followers believe it.

Chris Matthews described him perfectly, Joe McCarthy with brains.

Except he doesn't have brains. He is schooled in a particular area, like a pastry chef. Just because he can argue law, doesn't make you smart. It means you studied that subject to death. Otherwise that logic would apply to Dr. Paul Broun of Georgia, who is a moron, even though he may be a fine doctor. Same with Dr. Phil Gingrey, Dr. Micheal Burgess of Texas - both dumbasses.

I think that all in all he probably won't run for POTUS. He knows he can't win a national election.

No, he will run for POTUS for the same reason Gingrich, Huckameenajad, and Santorum (Google it!) ran for POTUS: to get that free platform to raise their profile and charge more out on the speech circuit.

He's going to follow the money and try to stay relevant, grab as much air and ink as he can and get rich doing it. In short, he's Sarah Palin in a tie and pants.

He's a phony. Just like Poor Sarah.

BTW: using bold for all your posts is really fucking annoying, and I'm sure that everyone would like you to stop. Thank you.

holy smokes, you giving us a lesson on brains..now that's a hoot
and this is the standard liberal/Democrat reply about any Republican...sneering ugly, attacking him as well as others, a woman no less..and the ugly beat goes on and on

Last edited:

There are over three hundred bills that have been presented to the Senate that the Majority Leader will no allow on the floor for a vote.
Harry Reid buries White House talking point with opposition to bipartisan border crisis bill « Hot Air
Do-nothing Congress? Congressman Byrne says in House speech it is a do-nothing Senate | AL.com
113th Congress, going down in history for its inaction, has a critical December to-do list - The Washington Post

Actually I prefer it when Congress does as little as possible.....Because most of what it does is nonsense anyway.
With every new piece of legislation there is a good chance the taxpayers are going to take it in the shorts and get nothing in return.
Or, congress will pass some stupid law that few will understand until it bites someone in the ass.

Oh, because we won't slash our own throats with cutting science, infrastructure and general investment. You bastards are insane and I hope the democrats fight you every inch!

oh boy, lets see, Cruz didn't win LIAR of the year

dear gawd, of course it's been mostly the Democrats

They been playing games with your lives all through Obama's terms...so they can BLAME it on Republicans...but only a partisan wouldn't see it

Would this include the GOP House not bringing the Senate's immigration bill up for a vote?

Does it include the GOP House not bringing the Senate's Jobs Bill up for a vote?

Does it include shutting down the government?

Thank god for the cdc, fda and epa. They make good standards that saves lives and we enjoy that clean meat. don't we????

Thank god for the nws, noaa, nasa and jpl! Oh did I miss darpa? They keep us on the cutting edge.

Oh, because we won't slash our own throats with cutting science, infrastructure and general investment. You bastards are insane and I hope the democrats fight you every inch!

well good, let them bleed us dry for all your wishes...you know we are all so rich and that government has MAGIC money trees growing where they just pluck that money from

No. I'm telling you that right now, the average American has more access to information (from any and all viewpoints) than ever before in human history.

"Informed" tends to mean "agrees with me", in the context that you're using it.
Frankly you don't know what context I was using it in, in fact, informed to me means educating yourself on who or what you vote for, whenever you vote for them, and he/she/it doesn't necessarily have to agree with me. They can vote for whomever they wish. All I ask is that they know and apprise themselves of who they are voting for, whatever party or philosophy that might be.

I would use the term "realist", not "defeatist".

I'm not "defeated".
Well, from what I have seen so far, you professing the 'reality of the situation' that you seem to be. That there is no way to change the current situation.

I think you should look up the definition of "rhetoric".
Rhetoric backed by action isn't rhetoric. Rhetoric put into practice isn't rhetoric. Rhetoric can be used is to deceive others, to adroitly win them over to a less than desirable cause, but I really don't see the Declaration as a piece of rhetoric. So, 'rhetoric' is a purely subjective term, as you put it.

Last edited:

The entire Cruz family are just a bunch of human feces like his supporters

Rafael Cruz Declares Son Ted Cruz 'The Anointed One' | Crooks and Liars

Quit talking about yourself....
You libs are so intolerant of those who dare not agree with you.

No. I'm telling you that right now, the average American has more access to information (from any and all viewpoints) than ever before in human history.

"Informed" tends to mean "agrees with me", in the context that you're using it.

Frankly you don't know what context I was using it in, in fact, informed to me means educating yourself on who you vote for, whenever you vote for them, and it doesn't necessarily have to agree with me. They can vote for whomever they wish. All I ask is that they know and apprise themselve of who they are voting for, whatever party or philosophy that might be.

Perhaps. But my point stands - I wouldn't say voters today are "informed" - but there's no question they have more access to more information than ever before in history.

I would use the term "realist", not "defeatist".

I'm not "defeated".

Well, from what I have seen so far, you professing the 'reality of the situation' that you seem to be. That there is no way to change the current situation.

The way to change the current situation is work within the system, not pretend the system doesn't exist.

I think you should look up the definition of "rhetoric".

Rhetoric backed by action isn't rhetoric. Rhetoric put into practice isn't rhetoric. One of the ways rhetoric can be use is to deceive others, to adroitly win them over to a less than desirable cause, but I really don't see the Declaration as a piece of rhetoric. So, 'rhetoric' is a purely subjective term, as you put it.

Rhetoric is not a "subjective term". Rhetoric means the art of discourse and persuasion. That's what the term has meant since Ancient Greece. It's the art of communication.

It's not a dirty word, or a bad thing.

The entire Cruz family are just a bunch of human feces like his supporters

Rafael Cruz Declares Son Ted Cruz 'The Anointed One' | Crooks and Liars
My God his father is a nutcase. He fought with Castro, but claims he didn't know Castro was a Communist. Like father like son ... throw shit against the wall and see what sticks.

Not since they went to direct elections of senators, the States should repeal the 17th amendment and take back the power to appoint senators where they will actually answer to the States.

Because democracy sucks and people are stoopid.

:thup:

No because the senate was intended to be the states house, it would be tough to buy a senator if you have to buy the majority of every state legislature.

Perhaps. But my point stands - I wouldn't say voters today are "informed" - but there's no question they have more access to more information than ever before in history.

How can your point stand if you don't know what context I was using it in?

The way to change the current situation is work within the system, not pretend the system doesn't exist.

Did I say it didn't exist?
Rhetoric is not a "subjective term". Rhetoric means the art of discourse and persuasion. That's what the term has meant since Ancient Greece. It's the art of communication.

An art of discourse or persuasion, or a means of deception.

Rhetoric

1) language that is intended to influence people and that may not be honest or reasonable

2) the art or skill of speaking or writing formally and effectively especially as a way to persuade or influence people

How can your point stand if you don't know what context I was using it in?

Because my point doesn't have anything to do with the context you were using.

Did I say it didn't exist?

You've argued against nearly every post I've made about how "the system" works. That to me translates to willfully ignoring it.

You've repeatedly interjected with questions about whether I agree with the way things work, or whether I think it "should" be that way. All of that is irrelevant. The system is the way it is - and it's been that way since this country was founded.

An art of discourse or persuasion, or a means of deception.

Rhetoric

1) language that is intended to influence people and that may not be honest or reasonable

2) the art or skill of speaking or writing formally and effectively especially as a way to persuade or influence people

This is what I mean when I refer to rhetoric: Rhetoric - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's funny coming from Mr Green Eggs & Ham. :lol:

Forum List

Back