🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ted Cruz Blames Democrats For Congressional Dysfunction

Ted Cruz Runs Against His Own Government Shutdown

The senator boldly claims he “didn’t try to shut down the government,” despite strategizing to do just that. Having satisfied the lunatic right, he’s trying to move back to the middle for 2016.

“I didn’t threaten to shut down the government the last time. I don’t think we should ever shut down the government. I repeatedly voted… to fund the federal government.”

What? More than any other actor in last year’s budget debacle, Ted Cruz is responsible. Just a cursory glance at the record puts the lie to his blatant blame-shifting. Beginning with his “not-really-a-filibuster” publicity stunt, Cruz whipped up the national Tea Party base, emboldened House GOP radicals, and cowed the Republican leadership. After his Green Eggs and Ham soliloquy, sanity left the building and a shutdown was almost inevitable.

More: Ted Cruz Runs Against His Own Government Shutdown

I have my fingers crossed that this clown runs for president.

This is a side note, but the conversation about the definition of the word "rhetoric" brought it to my mind.

Words have meanings, and those meanings don't disappear because people bastardize the language.

Rhetoric (the real definition) has been taught in school for 3000 years. It doesn't mean lies.

If you search for the definition of the word "literally" online, the second definition (according to the Webster online dictionary) is "not literally". That's just stupid.

Ted Cruz Runs Against His Own Government Shutdown

The senator boldly claims he “didn’t try to shut down the government,” despite strategizing to do just that. Having satisfied the lunatic right, he’s trying to move back to the middle for 2016.

“I didn’t threaten to shut down the government the last time. I don’t think we should ever shut down the government. I repeatedly voted… to fund the federal government.”

What? More than any other actor in last year’s budget debacle, Ted Cruz is responsible. Just a cursory glance at the record puts the lie to his blatant blame-shifting. Beginning with his “not-really-a-filibuster” publicity stunt, Cruz whipped up the national Tea Party base, emboldened House GOP radicals, and cowed the Republican leadership. After his Green Eggs and Ham soliloquy, sanity left the building and a shutdown was almost inevitable.

More: Ted Cruz Runs Against His Own Government Shutdown

I have my fingers crossed that this clown runs for president.

yeah ok, you and a few other low information cult follower will buy that
get that title folks...nothing like propaganda and you and the beast don't mind pushing it
there is nothing "unbiased" with you...it's sad

Last edited:
The Senate, in many ways, is a more powerful body than the House.

I'm not speaking of powers; any of which could be assigned to the House. Why do we really need 2 groups of representatives to pass the same legislation? It makes little sense and with the behavior of the Senate recently, I'm not all together sure it serves a purpose any longer.

Not since they went to direct elections of senators, the States should repeal the 17th amendment and take back the power to appoint senators where they will actually answer to the States.

If that is your worry, you're prescribing the wrong medicine. Just get rid of the Senate all together or give each state 2 more districts and dissolve it into the House.

That way, you can replace these people more quickly than their leisurely six year term.

Oh, because we won't slash our own throats with cutting science, infrastructure and general investment. You bastards are insane and I hope the democrats fight you every inch!

well good, let them bleed us dry for all your wishes...you know we are all so rich and that government has MAGIC money trees growing where they just pluck that money from

Just out of curiosity--I know you are a master of statistics--what % of the federal budget is spent on things like the NSF, NTSB, and stuff like NASA, the CDC, and FAA?

You do know those figures...don't you?

Both parties are to blame,,,,,cut their pay until they get on track...

Both parties may be to blame - but it's far from equal blame. Here's how I place the blame for dysfunction and obstruction:

75% Republicans

25% Democrats

Stop wiping your ass with peyote.

Well, that's because we've had 6 years of Obama and 4 years of a Congress with a House controlled by the other party and a minority in the Senate using the filibuster like never before.

If we had a GOP President, a DEM controlled House and a DEM minority in the Senate, you'd see the same exact thing playing out. I suspect you'll see 2 solid years of DEM obstruction starting on 1/2/2015 and ending on 1/2/2017 when they re-take the Senate from the GOP.

The King of Obstruction.

I'm not speaking of powers; any of which could be assigned to the House. Why do we really need 2 groups of representatives to pass the same legislation? It makes little sense and with the behavior of the Senate recently, I'm not all together sure it serves a purpose any longer.

Not since they went to direct elections of senators, the States should repeal the 17th amendment and take back the power to appoint senators where they will actually answer to the States.

If that is your worry, you're prescribing the wrong medicine. Just get rid of the Senate all together or give each state 2 more districts and dissolve it into the House.

That way, you can replace these people more quickly than their leisurely six year term.

I have to disagree, the States are supreme in our constitution except for the specific powers they seeded to the feds. The States need their representation returned to them so they have a greater say in the direction of the union as originally intended.

I have to disagree, the States are supreme in our constitution except for the specific powers they seeded to the feds. The States need their representation returned to them so they have a greater say in the direction of the union as originally intended.

I would like to think that people would want the citizens to be "supreme".Nothing is more antithetical to that than to have the people's right to select their representatives usurped. Second is having representatives that no longer even pretend to represent their constituents. Where you have Senators and Congresspersons equally guilty of such naked dereliction of duties, house members can be replaced every other year.

I prefer getting rid of the entire Senate. It no longer serves any purpose at all. Charles Schumer, Ted Cruz, Linda Murkowski, Al Franken, etc.... I assume they are all nice people but there is little they can contribute that we don't already get from the Reps.

seeded?

Forum List

Back